Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

16 minutes ago, Parafox said:

They won't.

They will likely see it as a an isolated attack that will result in some response, but not "militarily".  They've got the Stasi for that.

Most Russian's believe in the war in Ukraine and will continue to support the army being there rather than being pulled back to counter a negligible (in the scheme of things) incident.

If they truly had no concern about the Russian public eventually turning against them on the war then they wouldn’t lie and insinuate that these terrorists were somehow in league with Ukraine.

1 minute ago, Dunge said:

If they truly had no concern about the Russian public eventually turning against them on the war then they wouldn’t lie and insinuate that these terrorists were somehow in league with Ukraine.

Do you truly believe that the average Russian citizen will form some sort of rebellion against the Russian state? 

You've read what has happened to opponents of Putin, I assume?

11 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Do you truly believe that the average Russian citizen will form some sort of rebellion against the Russian state? 

I believe it’s a possibility but not a certainty. It’s the whole reason for his march toward totalitarianism, because he fears internal opposition building up momentum against him. Propaganda exists for a reason.

He can keep external threats at bay with his nukes. Internal threats can’t be subdued by that and he knows it.

Edited by Dunge

11 minutes ago, Parafox said:

You could've said the same in 1917 comrade.

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

You could've said the same in 1917 comrade.

I'm not sure what that response means.

I know some about the Russian revolution and the overthrow of the imperialists who were replaced by the Bolsheviks. WW1 caused Russia severe hardship, to the brink of famine leading to an uprising of the Russian people opposed to Russia's involvement in WW1, because of the hardship it was creating. That allowed Lenin to gain power and there was a coup and the Bolsheviks took control.

The difference is now, there's no obvious hardship, there's unlikely to be a famine, so an uprising of different factions opposing Putin and the Russian state is unlikely. Propaganda and actions which generate fear among the populace, is a very powerful political tool in supressing opposition.

Edited by Parafox

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Reckon there'll be a terror incident in the UK at some point..

To be honest I’m amazed there hasn’t been even a small scale one in the Israel/palestine context. But touch wood one of the scale of what happened in Moscow is unlikely. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Great pity he was not in Crocus Hall at the time.

That would possibly be quite a bad outcome for a LOT of people. Look how there's fingers pointed at Ukraine on this. Then add in Putin's death.

The ideal outcome is probably people getting tired of him and ousting/ retiring him. He doesn't need to be a martyr.

49 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

That would possibly be quite a bad outcome for a LOT of people. Look how there's fingers pointed at Ukraine on this. Then add in Putin's death.

The ideal outcome is probably people getting tired of him and ousting/ retiring him. He doesn't need to be a martyr.

There’s a conflicting viewpoint that Putin in power is good for geopolitical stability as the alternative and lack of succession planning in Russia would lead to civil war and a lot more bloodshed and instability. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

It would also be a good outcome for a LOT of people.

the resolution calls for the immediate release of the hostages and ceasefire for the  for the remainder of Ramadan 

this is weaker than the ceasefire arrangement that Hamas/ israel recently rejected.  Hamas wouldn’t accept it because Israel wouldn’t withdraw their troops and agree to permanent ceasefire 

the bluster from Israel seems to be more to do with the fact that the us hasn’t vetoed than the actual content of the resolution. After all, if Israel receives all the hostages back and in return has to restrain from any fighting until the end of Ramadan then that’s a way better scenario than theyve been negotiating thus far.  The resolution makes no mention of releasing convicted Palestinian prisoners on a scale 10:1 to a hostage which has been under discussion. 

this resolution actually backs netenyahu into a corner - suspect that’s what he’s mad about 

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

One day cargo. 

The next day car not go. 

Not bad  but perhaps a little too soon ……

Anyway, for more information see below (I assume the mcallister family ‘bought’ the tugboats for the city ?) 

some worrying reports that maybe dozens have fallen into the river 

image.thumb.png.5d409b57cc018462a6462de6a4bd2fcf.png

Edited by st albans fox