Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

18 minutes ago, Guesty said:

This Covid inquiry really is something. Cummings seems like the type of person who's an expert at seeing things coming after they've already happened. 

So infuriating seeing the amount of incompetence and just how shambolic everything was.   

From what I can gather they haven't got anywhere near (or are even trying to get near) a view on whether or not lockdown was needed.  Expert opinion that suggests Sweden had it right seems to be disregarded.

2 hours ago, Guesty said:

This Covid inquiry really is something. Cummings seems like the type of person who's an expert at seeing things coming after they've already happened. 

So infuriating seeing the amount of incompetence and just how shambolic everything was.   

It's no surprise to see that Johnson had no idea what he was doing and didn't have the right people in place to guide him on the right path. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guesty said:

100,000 OAPs killed the economy and enabled a man who was happy for them all to die. It'd make a great plot for a novel.

5 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

From what I can gather they haven't got anywhere near (or are even trying to get near) a view on whether or not lockdown was needed.  Expert opinion that suggests Sweden had it right seems to be disregarded.

Ferguson is in hiding.  He needs to be held to account.  It's shocking reading the content and listening  to the manner in which these conversations have taken place between the so called people in charge today as well.  Still, many of the public fell for the narrative which is equally as worrying.  

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Ferguson is in hiding.  He needs to be held to account.  It's shocking reading the content and listening  to the manner in which these conversations have taken place between the so called people in charge today as well.  Still, many of the public fell for the narrative which is equally as worrying.  

Not to retraumatise people but pre vaccine covid was horrific as outlined on here by people working in hospitals. Strict lockdowns maybe could’ve been avoided with earlier mitigations but that is another story. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Raj said:

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2023-10-31/gang-plied-young-girls-with-alcohol-and-drugs-before-sexually-abusing-them

Words just fail me.

I will say it as it is.

Mostly Muslim men who have no regard for white girls.

None of their so called elders/ imams stand up and deplore  the acts.

Truely vile bastards.

Sentences sound rather light to me

51 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Not to retraumatise people but pre vaccine covid was horrific as outlined on here by people working in hospitals. Strict lockdowns maybe could’ve been avoided with earlier mitigations but that is another story. 

It wasn't. It was a bronchial flu type Illness and unless you were extremely weak, unlucky, had multiple co morbidities or were the husband of a GMTV presenter, you were gonna be fine, vaccine or no vaccine. 

It's a shame Johnson didn't have the guts to go with his initial instinct of hand washing and letting the young get on with it. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not forgetting that the hospitals were completely overrun as lock down approached and remained so for quite a period after lock down started

the error of the messaging as stated yesterday was ‘protect the NHS’ was taken by the public to mean ‘stay away from all healthcare unless you have severe covid’ 

That sadly led to even more death 

Cummings also said yesterday some local authorities asked if they could use ice rinks for body storage as morgues were full.

Still, was just a cold innit.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

It wasn't. It was a bronchial flu type Illness and unless you were extremely weak, unlucky, had multiple co morbidities or were the husband of a GMTV presenter, you were gonna be fine, vaccine or no vaccine. 

It's a shame Johnson didn't have the guts to go with his initial instinct of hand washing and letting the young get on with it. 

Can’t believe people still think like this. Maybe it didn’t affect you much (it didn’t me) but it certainly was horrific for certain previously healthy people. My boss who is a fit guy with no issues ended up in hospital from it. Like mentioned above even athletes were seriously affected by it too.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Raj said:

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2023-10-31/gang-plied-young-girls-with-alcohol-and-drugs-before-sexually-abusing-them

Words just fail me.

I will say it as it is.

Mostly Muslim men who have no regard for white girls.

None of their so called elders/ imams stand up and deplore  the acts.

Truely vile bastards.

No idea if they have or haven't in this case, but previous cases that came out they've been very vocal in condemning those involved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

A 50 year old work colleague who had no co-morbidities died from it. There are tonnes of examples of healthy people dying from covid. You have athletes (that I can think of), Leo Messi, Maro Itoje still suffering the effects of their first covid infection to this day. I don’t even get the point of denialism at this stage. Are you also suggesting that we should’ve let the vulnerable people die? 

That's the question that the enquiry should be focussing on.  Was it right to lockdown?  How many would have died if we hadn't?  Did Sweden have a better idea?  Did Sweden have a worse idea?  What did we do wrong? What did we do right?  And crucially, what should we do next time?

There is certainly a valid argument that locking down - even if it did save lives in the short term - caused more harm than it did good.  Was there a better way to protect the vulnerable (mainly the old) while also protecting the economy?  No-one doubts that vast debt and shortage of money costs lives; no-one doubts that closing the schools has caused damage to children.  How much damage?  Was the cure worse than the disease?

Quality of life needs considering.  My mother (she's 90) mental and physical health both suffered,  A friend of hers (she was 98 when it started) "celebrated" her hundredth birthday by standing in her doorway while neighbours shouted "happy birthday" from across the street.  She died soon afterwards, not of covid; her life was made worse by lockdown, and would her life have been better taking her chances?

The covid enquiry should give answers to these sort of questions.  But I bet it doesn't.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dsr-burnley said:

That's the question that the enquiry should be focussing on.  Was it right to lockdown?  How many would have died if we hadn't?  Did Sweden have a better idea?  Did Sweden have a worse idea?  What did we do wrong? What did we do right?  And crucially, what should we do next time?

There is certainly a valid argument that locking down - even if it did save lives in the short term - caused more harm than it did good.  Was there a better way to protect the vulnerable (mainly the old) while also protecting the economy?  No-one doubts that vast debt and shortage of money costs lives; no-one doubts that closing the schools has caused damage to children.  How much damage?  Was the cure worse than the disease?

Quality of life needs considering.  My mother (she's 90) mental and physical health both suffered,  A friend of hers (she was 98 when it started) "celebrated" her hundredth birthday by standing in her doorway while neighbours shouted "happy birthday" from across the street.  She died soon afterwards, not of covid; her life was made worse by lockdown, and would her life have been better taking her chances?

The covid enquiry should give answers to these sort of questions.  But I bet it doesn't.

If she was 100 18 months/ 2 years  after COVID started then surely by then should have been able to go outside and meet people  even if it was limited numbers?

Not sure what the time line was and I know we had a 2nd lockdown but as a CEV person I was back at work by August 2020 and outside meeting people obviously with protection.

But as the Government themselves showed some thought they were above the guidelines from the off sadly .

Edited by Super_horns

21 hours ago, David Hankey said:

So, Bojo stated Covid was "nature's way" and he "was obsessed with older people accepting their fate and letting the young get on with life".

What a despicable individual, no wonder he contracted it!!

They didn’t really care did they as proven by their general behaviour during COVID.

The Government would have sat back and done nothing if they were able to .