Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

He himself is a terrorist

You are absolutely right. It’s obvious to most who basically just read the news and his actions. HOWEVER, you’re about to get heat from one user who will be flabbergasted you’ve even suggested a comparison - like a brainless bull in a China shop. Brace yourself. 

38 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You are absolutely right. It’s obvious to most who basically just read the news and his actions. HOWEVER, you’re about to get heat from one user who will be flabbergasted you’ve even suggested a comparison - like a brainless bull in a China shop. Brace yourself. 

Banding words about doesn’t help the situation though. He’s an elected politician in a functioning democracy (those who demand PR take note that it matters what kind of PR you get). . It’s been clear to many of us since before this started what his modus operandi was.  it’s also been clear since Oct 7th that his time was up but it would drag on whilst he could extend the conflict in Gaza (and maybe around the Lebanese border too). 

the noise is getting ever louder. It’s just a shame that he’s still hanging on.  he won’t make it to oct 7 2025.   Even trump doesn’t like him so that won’t help him. 

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

He himself is a terrorist

Israel was created through terrorism, Adams and McGuiness in N Ireland were terrorists. Eventually Israel will have to make deals with Hamas(terrorists). Terrorists do become part of the peace and negotiating process. Its ridiculous when politicians say they don't negotiate with terrorists when in fact they do.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

What a horrible dark world we live in now. In my life time, I've never known such chaos around the world. Everyone wants to start fights. It's crazy. 

Just feels all out of control and no one is trying to de-escalate any of the situations. 

Everything feels unremittingly awful all of the time.

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

Israel was created through terrorism, Adams and McGuiness in N Ireland were terrorists. Eventually Israel will have to make deals with Hamas(terrorists). Terrorists do become part of the peace and negotiating process. Its ridiculous when politicians say they don't negotiate with terrorists when in fact they do.

You forgot the most notable of recent decades which was arafat

There  is one thing that separates Hamas from these other groups and that’s the religious fanaticism. For Hamas, it’s not just about land.  If Hamas were merely intent on establishing a Palestinian state and nothing more then I’m sure there would have been dialogue already. 

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You forgot the most notable of recent decades which was arafat

There  is one thing that separates Hamas from these other groups and that’s the religious fanaticism. For Hamas, it’s not just about land.  If Hamas were merely intent on establishing a Palestinian state and nothing more then I’m sure there would have been dialogue already. 

and yet amazingly Arafat managed to get to a place where he was accepted and legitimized on the world stage. In the year 2000 he was actually offered the  deal of a two state solution by Ehud Barak but rejected it insisting only on the full return of Palestine and only Palestine in the area thus ‘ destroying’ the state of Israel.

oh what could have been…

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

and yet amazingly Arafat managed to get to a place where he was accepted and legitimized on the world stage. In the year 2000 he was actually offered the  deal of a two state solution by Ehud Barak but rejected it insisting only on the full return of Palestine and only Palestine in the area thus ‘ destroying’ the state of Israel.

oh what could have been…

That's what Arafat told the world. The reality is he couldnt care less about the return of the exiled Palestinians.

The reality is, Yasser had a cash cow as long as there was no peace in the middle east. The conflict served him very well. The man stole so much from the Palestinian people that his family still enjoy their lavish penthouses around the world. He was nothing more than an opportunist crook. 

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

That's what Arafat told the world. The reality is he couldnt care less about the return of the exiled Palestinians.

The reality is, Yasser had a cash cow as long as there was no peace in the middle east. The conflict served him very well. The man stole so much from the Palestinian people that his family still enjoy their lavish penthouses around the world. He was nothing more than an opportunist crook. 

well, he was still a terrorist was really my point…  and was actively working against the state of Israel..

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

well, he was still a terrorist was really my point…  and was actively working against the state of Israel..

Yes, an obvious point. However, I would say for reasons given he was actively working against the state of Palestine too

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Yes, an obvious point. However, I would say for reasons given he was actively working against the state of Palestine too

Until those involved on both sides (and their allies)  in solving the problem are not invested in maintaining the status quo can we move forwards.  Barak didn’t actually want to offer what he did because in Israel’s PR set up it was likely political suicide (and based on other events likely actual suicide) but Clinton pushed him to go somewhere which didn’t suit him.  Barak doesn’t get the credit he deserves for doing that.  The world is sadly lacking in real political leadership 

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Until those involved on both sides (and their allies)  in solving the problem are not invested in maintaining the status quo can we move forwards.  Barak didn’t actually want to offer what he did because in Israel’s PR set up it was likely political suicide (and based on other events likely actual suicide) but Clinton pushed him to go somewhere which didn’t suit him.  Barak doesn’t get the credit he deserves for doing that.  The world is sadly lacking in real political leadership 

We've disagreed many times over this matter. Here, however, we can wholeheartedly agree. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The Same could be said for any Hamas leader of course and any leader who  actually thinks  that Palestine, and only Palestine will be the  sovereign state in the area..

Edited by MPH

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

The Same could be said for any Hamas leader of course and any leader who  actually thinks  that Palestine, and only Palestine will be the  sovereign state in the area..

Again, I think you're stating the obvious. Hamas leaders have been living in Qatar penthouses - a bit different to Paris but perhaps more luxurious. 

I'd say anyone working for a one state solution in either camp is actively working agains the long term benefit of their own "people" and/or "state". 

However, like I said these are fairly basic and obvious thoughts for the region. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Apologies to the forum. 

A member on here called @Raj asked me to send him pictures of my dick. Once I did that he or she began to blackmail me for all of your membership data. 

This is China’s fault. 

I'm cool with this, and am looking forward to making lots of new friends

• Haha 2

How do they keep their jobs for doing these things? Surely as a senior politician you're required to be DV cleared which requires you to not have things that can be used against you (for example, pictures of your chap floating around the internet)? 

If this sort of thing is your cup of tea, go for it, but these people are exposed to, and are required to see, some incredibly sensitive information. Any other high security job you'd lose your security clearance immediately for this kind of thing and with that your job. He's not done anything illegal here, but he's also not a victim in this. Absolute idiot. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

How do they keep their jobs for doing these things? Surely as a senior politician you're required to be DV cleared which requires you to not have things that can be used against you (for example, pictures of your chap floating around the internet)? 

If this sort of thing is your cup of tea, go for it, but these people are exposed to, and are required to see, some incredibly sensitive information. Any other high security job you'd lose your security clearance immediately for this kind of thing and with that your job. He's not done anything illegal here, but he's also not a victim in this. Absolute idiot. 

And betrayed his colleagues giving personal numbers. Should be sacked

• Like 1

So Israel has released some findings..

But today’s admission by Israel’s military, the IDF, that its fatal targeting of humanitarian aid workers on Monday was "a grave mistake" is further proof that its entire military operation in Gaza cannot possibly achieve its aims without inflicting intolerable civilian casualties. 

The admission contained in today’s IDF statement that the coordination plan agreed between it and the World Central Kitchen charity "was not distributed down to operational level" is symptomatic of a wider problem. 

In the confusion of this 3-dimensional conflict, with drone pilots remotely targeting buildings, people and vehicles from the air, coordination with those on the ground is not working as it should. 

Given the fact that six months into this operation significant elements of Hamas, including its leadership, have survived to fight on, it is hard to see how further mistakes are going to be avoided without a major overhaul of the IDF’s operational procedures, something likely to be resisted by commanders

That highlighted part is absolutely unforgivable incompetence.

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

Apologies to the forum. 

A member on here called @Raj asked me to send him pictures of my dick. Once I did that he or she began to blackmail me for all of your membership data. 

This is China’s fault. 

MODERATORS!!!!!!!!!!

I've got close family members who are American so I guess I always pay more attention to their coverage of stuff than most people would. 

I've never seen anyone grill an Israeli government minister like this on US tv. The government minister doesn't seem to know what to do and is taken aback by the anger and facts.

This interviewer isn't some left wing democrat. He was a Republican politician (independent now) and is a strong supporter of Israel.

This WCK killing does seem to have changed things over there. Especially their view of Netanyahu - he may have pushed his luck too far. People are even starting to question the influence of AIPAC.

• Like 1