Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

Everyone can handle a calamitous mistake to some extent but it’s the callous and nonchalant comment of “ these things happen in war” that has done him no favors at all.. especially at the time whilst refusing to apologize..

1 hour ago, Guesty said:

I've got close family members who are American so I guess I always pay more attention to their coverage of stuff than most people would. 

I've never seen anyone grill an Israeli government minister like this on US tv. The government minister doesn't seem to know what to do and is taken aback by the anger and facts.

This interviewer isn't some left wing democrat. He was a Republican politician (independent now) and is a strong supporter of Israel.

This WCK killing does seem to have changed things over there. Especially their view of Netanyahu - he may have pushed his luck too far. People are even starting to question the influence of AIPAC.

pretty sure that it’s common knowledge that Qatar sent money to Gaza ever month to pay the staff that ran the ‘govt’ and territory.  I read an article that explained someone actually had to  travel to Egypt and then across from a rafah with the cash.  Sounds crazy but apparently it was true.  Police, fire and security personnel, health staff, bus drivers etc etc etc.  there are hundreds of thousands of people that each month had to be paid.  Hamas had to pay them and Israel obviously took the decision that without authorising this each month, law and order inside Gaza would break down. I think there is something being made of this in that interview that didn’t exist. However, what I don’t understand is why the minister wouldn’t state that. 

34 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Do you think she really is Iron Age stupid or just playing everyone?

IMG_5783.jpeg

It's likely that she's intentionally pandering to the blue collar bible bashers and fundamentalists  in the mid-west and deep south that are so crucial to Trump's re-election. Hardcore Republicans know full well that this is the language that MAGA/Q anon speaks - a primitive tongue called stupidity, but one that she is also fluent in.  

The irony is that nature is genuinely sending us a sign - crying out for us to change our ways, whilst Putin is threatening to steamroll into Europe - I pray that her country listens. 

...Well even a stopped clock tells the time twice a day. 

Seriously though, how did such a vile, hate fuelled individual become a member of Congress? 

Edited by SpacedX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The last thing the anti conspiract theory lobby needed in the run up to the eclipse was a sig tremor in NYC 

it really is incredible how stoopid so many Americans are.  I mean we have lots of stoopid people here but they get why an eclipse happens 

45 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

It's likely that she's intentionally pandering to the blue collar bible bashers and fundamentalists  in the mid-west and deep south that are so crucial to Trump's re-election. Hardcore Republicans know full well that this is the language that MAGA/Q anon speaks - a primitive tongue called stupidity, but one that she is also fluent in.  

The irony is that nature is genuinely sending us a sign - crying out for us to change our ways, whilst Putin is threatening to steamroll into Europe - I pray that her country listens. 

Seriously though, how did such a vile, hate fuelled individual become a member of Congress? 

Thing is, there’s something distinctly Cro-Magnon about her. 

1 hour ago, SpacedX said:

She’s Trump’s standard bearer and as he said recently she is ‘very respected in congress’!!  😭

11 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

She’s Trump’s standard bearer and as he said recently she is ‘very respected in congress’!!  😭

Check out SNL and Cicely Strong's impression of her. 

Solar eclipse is a reason to vote trump? Lol

Only trump could stop an eclipse. No one, i mean not even god. 

Watch her be his running mate. He needs someone to sort his orange soldier out. 

11 hours ago, SpacedX said:

Honestly? I’m sure that there are politicians just as callous everywhere else… but I remember Louis Theroux saying about his weird weekends series, that one of the reasons most of  his work is centered around Americans is that they just don’t care what people think of them.

and he’s right. They really don’t 

12 hours ago, MPH said:

Honestly? I’m sure that there are politicians just as callous everywhere else

Yes there are, but we are talking about MJT here who is a particularly nasty breed that has no shame whatsoever. There are those that at least try to conceal their agenda. 

11 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Yes there are, but we are talking about MJT here who is a particularly nasty breed that has no shame whatsoever. There are those that at least try to conceal their agenda. 

Have you considered that just like the others, she may be concealing what she really thinks!  

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Have you considered that just like the others, she may be concealing what she really thinks!  

Yes, as I intimated in my initial post. Like many of her Republican far-right counterparts, she definitely intentionally harvests stupidity for support.

3 hours ago, SpacedX said:

well this is my point… Americans seem pretty unhinged in their nastiness 

I read some interesting theories as to the real reason America pumped the breaks on Israel and it was nothing to do with WCK killings. Not sure if it's scaremongering, truth, or fantasy.

Basically they said. Biden has received millions of dollars over his career from Israel through AIPAC. That was enough to buy his friendship - and to look the other way during the mass starvation of an occupied people. But, not enough to get into direct conflict with Iran and a regional war.

When Israel blew up Iran's embassy in Syria they expected an immediate reaction. Coming from Hezbollah.  Now Hamas is crippled, they wanted to do the same to Hezbollah, whilst the US is on board. Also prolonging the war so Netanyahu can stay in power. But the problem was Iran didn't immediately react.

Instead through diplomatic back channels they went to the US and said: Look, we know you didn't authorise this. We both know there are unwritten rules and this is so far over the line there will be consequences. We advise you to not get in the way.

Then nothing happened, it started to worry the Americans and something spooked them. Because what they did know was: Iran had started deploying its missile systems; it has hypersonic missiles that can overwhelm Israel's Iron Dome defences. And that hundreds of thousands of Houthi rebels have told Iran they will join them if there is war.   

Now Iran are just sitting back enjoying the power of the unknown. Some people still think they'll do something; others expect millions of dollars of sanctions relief for Iran in the coming weeks and a ceasefire in Gaza soon. But they all agree Biden has put himself in a terrible position and is now being played from both sides. 

At home he's alienated his entire muslim voter base. They had to cancel the annual Itfar Ramadan meal at the White House because all the muslim leaders pulled out and refused to eat with him. That might cost him the battle ground state of Michigan. Lots of other left leaning voters are deeply unhappy and thinking about not voting. On the right there's a growing isolationist movement who just want to pull out of any foreign conflicts - especially when their ally openly defies them, mugs them off and risks drawing them into a regional war. So now he's had no choice but to act and a lot of people around him are not happy.

14 minutes ago, Guesty said:

I read some interesting theories as to the real reason America pumped the breaks on Israel and it was nothing to do with WCK killings. Not sure if it's scaremongering, truth, or fantasy.

Basically they said. Biden has received millions of dollars over his career from Israel through AIPAC. That was enough to buy his friendship - and to look the other way during the mass starvation of an occupied people. But, not enough to get into direct conflict with Iran and a regional war.

When Israel blew up Iran's embassy in Syria they expected an immediate reaction. Coming from Hezbollah.  Now Hamas is crippled, they wanted to do the same to Hezbollah, whilst the US is on board. Also prolonging the war so Netanyahu can stay in power. But the problem was Iran didn't immediately react.

Instead through diplomatic back channels they went to the US and said: Look, we know you didn't authorise this. We both know there are unwritten rules and this is so far over the line there will be consequences. We advise you to not get in the way.

Then nothing happened, it started to worry the Americans and something spooked them. Because what they did know was: Iran had started deploying its missile systems; it has hypersonic missiles that can overwhelm Israel's Iron Dome defences. And that hundreds of thousands of Houthi rebels have told Iran they will join them if there is war.   

Now Iran are just sitting back enjoying the power of the unknown. Some people still think they'll do something; others expect millions of dollars of sanctions relief for Iran in the coming weeks and a ceasefire in Gaza soon. But they all agree Biden has put himself in a terrible position and is now being played from both sides. 

At home he's alienated his entire muslim voter base. They had to cancel the annual Itfar Ramadan meal at the White House because all the muslim leaders pulled out and refused to eat with him. That might cost him the battle ground state of Michigan. Lots of other left leaning voters are deeply unhappy and thinking about not voting. On the right there's a growing isolationist movement who just want to pull out of any foreign conflicts - especially when their ally openly defies them, mugs them off and risks drawing them into a regional war. So now he's had no choice but to act and a lot of people around him are not happy.

Even the biggest lunatics on here would surely agree that the Iranian government are idiots BUT bombing the Iranian embassy in Syria is so illegal and so stupid that I have no empathy for Israel for whatever they do in return. 

On 06/04/2024 at 08:11, Jattdogg said:

she’s not young and pretty enough… he’ll probably go for that Lauren Boebert, I think..

just for clarification, I’m saying this from what I perceive to be Trump’s point of view not my own..

Edited by MPH
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Guesty said:

Don’t know where you read that but seems far fetched, even for current global events 

4 hours ago, Lionator said:

Even the biggest lunatics on here would surely agree that the Iranian government are idiots BUT bombing the Iranian embassy in Syria is so illegal and so stupid that I have no empathy for Israel for whatever they do in return. 

pedantically it wasn’t their embassy - it was the building next door that Iran rented two floors of

and (might be true, might not) 

‘Slain Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps commander Brig. Gen. Mohammad Zahedi was involved in the planning and execution of Hamas's October 7 massacre in southern Israel, a political coalition with close ties to the IRGC revealed last week, Iran International reports.’

western govts wouldn’t comment but they would be delighted to see two high ranked Iranian generals killed 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Don’t know where you read that but seems far fetched, even for current global events 

pedantically it wasn’t their embassy - it was the building next door that Iran rented two floors of

and (might be true, might not) 

‘Slain Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps commander Brig. Gen. Mohammad Zahedi was involved in the planning and execution of Hamas's October 7 massacre in southern Israel, a political coalition with close ties to the IRGC revealed last week, Iran International reports.’

western govts wouldn’t comment but they would be delighted to see two high ranked Iranian generals killed 

just to add that Iranian society and their Iranian revolutionary guard  structure in particular is very patriarchal… you get the guys at the top and it can damage their effectiveness quite substantially..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

On 06/04/2024 at 13:11, Jattdogg said:

Was in Cornwall for the Solar Eclipse in '99. Shame it was cloudy. Saw it on the screen at the radio 1 festival. Anyone got a good view of this one!.