Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

25 minutes ago, Daggers said:

No matter how badly I wanted the Tories to get reamed at this election, this is just beyond my wildest speculation. 

Like watching Rudkin handing out contracts, it just keeps getting worse. You think, oh he can’t fvck it up anymore - and there he goes again. 

This isn’t the behaviour of someone who is well. The nervous laughing at the joke. I think he needs help,

On 06/06/2024 at 13:39, Lionator said:

Biden doesn’t stand a chance in November. His speech is declining (I know he had difficulties anyway) and he has aged so much in the last year. Trump being coherent will be enough to win it. 

You think Trump is coherent?   He can barely string a sentence together. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This isn’t the behaviour of someone who is well. The nervous laughing at the joke. I think he needs help,

You can tell he just doesn’t care anymore. It’s clear he just wants to lose and get it done with so he can **** off to California and do bullingdon shit with his mega finance mates and the billions he married into. Reminds me of that spell where Rodgers started slating the fans and it felt like he was trying to get sacked so he could get his payout.

4 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t reckon. 

I reckon he’s just a combination of privileged, weak and wholly unsuited to the job. He didn’t get the role from an election, and he’s now showing why there should be an election every time a sitting government chooses to change its leader. 

Sunak would never have been elected after Truss - and the country would’ve been all the better for it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

I don’t reckon. 

I reckon he’s just a combination of privileged, weak and wholly unsuited to the job. He didn’t get the role from an election, and he’s now showing why there should be an election every time a sitting government chooses to change its leader. 

Sunak would never have been elected after Truss - and the country would’ve been all the better for it. 

Truss would never have been elected either.  Awful in front of the public both of them. 

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Truss would never have been elected either.  Awful in front of the public both of them. 

Look at who else was in that leadership race, Mordant, Hunt, Braverman, Badenoch ,Tugendhat and Zaharia.  None of them electable either. 

24 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Standard of politicians is at an all time low, no EU to hide behind anymore. 

Exactly. They culled all the moderates and competent people after the Brexit referendum and so only the dross remains. Canada 1993 is a genuine possibility where the party loss is so humiliating they never get power again and eventually disband 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Michael Mosley reportedly told wife he wasn't well before trying to head back to where they were staying.

Surely, as a doctor, he knew going up to a mountainous area (where he allegedly went to) on a very humid day wouldn't be a good idea?..

Edited by Wymsey

5 hours ago, Wymsey said:

A new mental health unit is to replace an existing one at Glenfield Hospital.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/leicester-hospital-looks-set-new-9325771

At long last. It's an awful place. My own daughter who has been there a few times as a patient has described as "very bad" for her own MH. She has witnessed self harm, actual, and intended but prevented.

When we have visited her it was clearly not a place designed to help recovery. Disinterested staff, little interaction, a dormitory style of sleeping areas, little in the way of privacy. There's holes kicked in walls, a patient had spat snot and coffee and mucus on  a window that had dried on and not been cleaned off. 

I always left after a visit, feeling a sense of despair that this was the place my daughter was living in and for those other patients. It is not a very reassuring or consoling place to be.

They all deserve a decent place to have treatment and support, a "nice" place to be when you're at your lowest and most desperate rather than be treated as if you're a burden and "it's you own fault".

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of well meaning staff, but it certainly varies depending on who is on shift. 

IMO, people recovering from a MH crisis need a calm, friendly, supportive environment where they can feel valued and respected, listened to and understood. I know it's not straightforward and many MH patients will have diverse needs on the road to recovery and yes, many if not most, will suffer a relapse at some point.

When my daughter was relapsing she was so terrified of going back to the MH unit that she refused treatment voluntarily and when the MH team wanted to admit her, got so distressed that she had to be restrained by police and detained under section. Because she knew what the place was like.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Michael Mosley reportedly told wife he wasn't well before trying to head back to where they were staying.

Surely, as a doctor, he knew going up to a mountainous area (where he allegedly went to) on a very humid day wouldn't be a good idea?..

More speculation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Regardless of feeling well or not, have you ever tried walking in 35-40 degree heat? 

I remember that heatwave 2 summers ago at 38 degrees. It was hard enough walking to the back of the garden. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Reportedly?

On 05/06/2024 at 01:17, Leicester_Loyal said:

Gun fired, vehicle abandoned, man arrested, bomb squad out and a couple of controlled explosions in Braunstone Town. All homes nearby evacuated and were so for a good 7/8 hours. 

Absolutely nothing on the local tv news about it (that I’ve seen anyway). 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/man-25-charged-after-gun-9331340

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's sad. Was hoping he'd be found safe and well. Wonder what happened. 

Most likely thing is he missed a turning or something and rather than turn back decided to try a short cut across the hill and fell or collapsed with exhaustion. Pure speculation obviously, but a lot being said about how difficult some of the terrain is there.

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Most likely thing is he missed a turning or something and rather than turn back decided to try a short cut across the hill and fell or collapsed with exhaustion. Pure speculation obviously, but a lot being said about how difficult some of the terrain is there.

Greek mayor has just said he fell off a short (10m) cliff and seems to indicate heat may have played a part too. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Seems very suspect in an odd way. 

He’s lost his majority already so the parliament is struggling to push through anything, I think he hopes people who vote for other parties will get scared of Le Penn getting power and vote for Macron as a tactical vote 

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He’s lost his majority already so the parliament is struggling to push through anything, I think he hopes people who vote for other parties will get scared of Le Penn getting power and vote for Macron as a tactical vote 

Or maybe wants to see them win parliament and then it turn into a predictable disaster, thus convincing people not to vote for Le Pen for president in 2027