Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

1 minute ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Trump being 78 tomorrow looks as though he is suffering from some cognitive decline.  I have heard many of his recent speeches and there is usually a point where he seems to completely disconnect. This is one example (about 7.10 in) from the other day, where he is in Nevada and he rambles about sharks and boats’ electric batteries.  I don’t think his audience is going to be too bothered about either!  He regularly confuses Obama with Biden ( he deflects by saying Obama is the real power behind the throne), but that really doesn’t wash.  Like I said clearly neither should be running.  

That part about the shark attack and the battery just confirms he is a rambling buffoon. it doesn't indicate any cognitive decline.

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

That part about the shark attack and the battery just confirms he is a rambling buffoon. it doesn't indicate any cognitive decline.

Is he also rambling when he can’t recall who he is running against? 

1 minute ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Is he also rambling when he can’t recall who he is running against? 

you should listen to some of the crazy wacky conspiracy theories.. one of them being that Biden is just a puppet and Obama is still the one pulling the strings. Thats probably where that comes from. Nut job? yes.  Cognitive decline? no.

55 minutes ago, MPH said:

you should listen to some of the crazy wacky conspiracy theories.. one of them being that Biden is just a puppet and Obama is still the one pulling the strings. Thats probably where that comes from. Nut job? yes.  Cognitive decline? no.

Let’s see how the 1st Presidential debate goes in a fortnight, if neither one cries off of course.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

This story just made me laugh - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3ggww342w8o

How does this happen? They've gone all the way through the airport, o the gate and got on the wrong plane and still didn't know until they landed. About spat my coffee out when I read "When I woke up, it didn't look like Spain out the window"

That's a great candidate for the compo face subreddit. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/compoface/

Edit: someone beat me to it. lol

Edited by RoboFox
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, st albans fox said:

democracies should have age bar rules on leaders of 80 at the end of their term. hence anyone over 76 cannot stand in the usa. 

that solves it without anyone calling 'foul' and conspiracy theorising

The only problem i have with this is that cognitive decline and dementia is not  defined by age. it can happen at any time.

Also, could it truly be called a democracy if a sane thinking person, whom the people would vote for is barred from the election because of their age?

so an interesting thing that blinken said..

"At some point in a negotiation – and this has gone back and forth for a long time – you get to a point where if one side continues to change its demands, including making demands and insisting on changes for things that it already accepted, you have to question whether they’re proceeding in good faith or not."

And it's pretty much what i thought anyway - that neither side is genuinely interested in a ceasefire.

I can only presume that Hamas are thinking that the longer this goes on, the more chance they have of bringing the war to a wider audience or more chance of isolating Israel and thus weakening them.

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

The only problem i have with this is that cognitive decline and dementia is not  defined by age. it can happen at any time.

Also, could it truly be called a democracy if a sane thinking person, whom the people would vote for is barred from the election because of their age?

The US already banned people under the age of 35 and people not born in the US from running, even if they are US citizens who have 2 US parents and lived in the US since the age of 1, surely that is more undemocratic?

Every democracy in the world already has minimum ages you can run, how are maximum ages any different?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, MPH said:

so an interesting thing that blinken said..

"At some point in a negotiation – and this has gone back and forth for a long time – you get to a point where if one side continues to change its demands, including making demands and insisting on changes for things that it already accepted, you have to question whether they’re proceeding in good faith or not."

And it's pretty much what i thought anyway - that neither side is genuinely interested in a ceasefire.

I can only presume that Hamas are thinking that the longer this goes on, the more chance they have of bringing the war to a wider audience or more chance of isolating Israel and thus weakening them.

Sinwar just needs to survive for him to declare a famous victory 

hence he will continue to delay and deflect until Israel are forced to make a deal. he may not even be under Gaza having left for Sinai through the tunnels some time ago. 
israel would take a ceasefire if it got back the hostages and Hamas leadership surrendered. But that ain’t gonna happen.  Israel are also not publicly behaving in a ‘straight’ fashion because the war cabinet and the Israeli govt are quite different entities. Netenyahu can say one thing to blinken and commit off the record but he can’t state it publicly because it would likely bring down his govt with no agreed deal to show for that. If he gets a good ceasefire deal done then he may have to accept the subsequent collapse of his coalition as the price. He can take that to the people in an election. 

As I posted a week or two back, the northern border with Lebanon will soon be where it’s at unless Iran pulls Hezbollah back from the abyss. Netenyahu probably needs that war to maintain his premiership so he isn’t going to continue to just play tit for tat indefinitely with rocket salvos fired daily into n Israel and Israeli responses into s Lebanon.  

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

The US already banned people under the age of 35 and people not born in the US from running, even if they are US citizens who have 2 US parents and lived in the US since the age of 1, surely that is more undemocratic?

Every democracy in the world already has minimum ages you can run, how are maximum ages any different?

how can two wrongs make a right?

that doesnt make sense to me.

and as regards to your second point.. why is it you think they have an age minimum?

( i personally think some kind of competency screening should be applicable no matter how young or old you are) 

Edited by MPH

31 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I see Starmer launches a "wealth creation" manifesto today but the irony is; how rich does he want individuals to become?

19 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

That sentence makes no sense to me? What’s ironic about that? Probably rich enough to be able to climb out of poverty?

The only period that labour have been in govt over the past 45 years was when they didn’t seem to have an outlook where wealth was looked upon as being dirty 

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with being wealthy 

starmer seems to have realised that to be in govt you need to stop being a party of protest 

He is fortunate that the tories have set the bar so low !

41 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I see Starmer launches a "wealth creation" manifesto today but the irony is; how rich does he want individuals to become?

He is clearly talking about national  not individual wealth. Like any right thinking person he would, I expect,  like all the citizens to be out of poverty and for the country to be able to afford fully functioning public services.

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

So we tase pitch invaders in the United States now.  Fantastic.

Honestly the small -but overall significant- steps we've taken into a dystopian hell society over the last decade have been remarkable. 

I'm not old but the world is SIGNIFICANTLY worse off than it was when I was young. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Honestly the small -but overall significant- steps we've taken into a dystopian hell society over the last decade have been remarkable. 

I'm not old but the world is SIGNIFICANTLY worse off than it was when I was young. 

it's heart breaking.

Honestly, my satirical posts on just about everything you see is my way of coping. I'm so disappointed with society in general.

18 hours ago, st albans fox said:

As I posted a week or two back, the northern border with Lebanon will soon be where it’s at unless Iran pulls Hezbollah back from the abyss. Netenyahu probably needs that war to maintain his premiership so he isn’t going to continue to just play tit for tat indefinitely with rocket salvos fired daily into n Israel and Israeli responses into s Lebanon.  

What a coincidence 

Reports that last night Israel took out hezbollah’s second in command at a meeting in s Lebanon.  Hezbollah and Hamas are increasingly concerned at having digital conversations because they fear Israel’s ability to ‘listen in’.  And face to face meetings are forcing them to emerge from the shadows where they are vulnerable. They don’t have the tunnel infrastructure in s Lebanon that Hamas do in Gaza. 

Will this assassination force hezbollah to go even further ?  They’ve launched over 10k rockets and suicide drones into n Israel since oct 7 and Israel have retaliated.  60k Israelis are displaced from their homes in n Israel.  The USA are desperate to prevent a new war front opening in Lebanon.   Hezboallah are said to have more than half a million rockets and missiles available to them in Lebanon.  of course it’s down to Iran what hezbollah do. I wonder what the quid pro quo will be from the USA to get Iran to force hezbollah not to fall into making it easy for netenyahu to extend the Gaza war into a regional conflict.  The daily  ‘prodding’ thus far has cost hezbollah several top men (and sadly led to many deaths on both sides of the border). Tens of thousands of Civilians in s Lebanon and n Israel have had to evacuate to safer areas. 

we need level heads - there don’t seem to be many on show. 

Edited by st albans fox

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

What a coincidence 

Reports that last night Israel took out hezbollah’s second in command at a meeting in s Lebanon.  Hezbollah and Hamas are increasingly concerned at having digital conversations because they fear Israel’s ability to ‘listen in’.  And face to face meetings are forcing them to emerge from the shadows where they are vulnerable. They don’t have the tunnel infrastructure in s Lebanon that Hamas do in Gaza. 

Will this assassination force hezbollah to go even further ?  They’ve launched over 10k rockets and suicide drones into n Israel since oct 7 and Israel have retaliated.  60k Israelis are displaced from their homes in n Israel.  The USA are desperate to prevent a new war front opening in Lebanon.   Hezboallah are said to have more than half a million rockets and missiles available to them in Lebanon.  of course it’s down to Iran what hezbollah do. I wonder what the quid pro quo will be from the USA to get Iran to force hezbollah not to fall into making it easy for netenyahu to extend the Gaza war into a regional conflict.  The daily  ‘prodding’ thus far has cost hezbollah several top men (and sadly led to many deaths on both sides of the border). Tens of thousands of Civilians in s Lebanon and n Israel have had to evacuate to safer areas. 

we need level heads - there don’t seem to be many on show. 

I actually said from the very beginning that Netanyahu will prolong this war for as long as possible to prolong his political career..

From an Israeli point of view, they have had enough of the FAFO attitude of the Iranian Proxys and once they have finished with Hamas, they will turn their full attention over to Hezbollah.  Hezbollah may have literally thousands of rockets but they have absolutely no air combat power so once Israel does turn its full attention to them,  Israel will have complete air superiority andHezbollah will  be decimated in a similar way to Hamas being so.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1