Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

I hope Rowley holds his nerve this week and allows the protest to go ahead given that the organisers have said it will not be in Whitehall and not at 11am.

I find the government using veterans to stoke their pathetic culture wars, with their meaningless ‘British values’ nonsense cold and cynical. Especially so given how they treat veterans, many of whom experience homelessness, but I guess that’s a lifestyle choice ey. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I hope Rowley holds his nerve this week and allows the protest to go ahead given that the organisers have said it will not be in Whitehall and not at 11am.

I find the government using veterans to stoke their pathetic culture wars, with their meaningless ‘British values’ nonsense cold and cynical. Especially so given how they treat veterans, many of whom experience homelessness, but I guess that’s a lifestyle choice ey. 

Just waiting on someone in government to trot out the "Can't even wear a Poppy badge anymore as it 'uffends 'em'"

52 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It is concerning that national monuments such as the Cenotaph require protection. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

The protesters could do themselves a lot of good by carrying posters of the Israelis being held hostage in Gaza and some of the dead in Israel, to make it clear that they are supporting the Palestinian people and not their government. 

Rightly or wrongly, they are seen as supporting Hamas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

It is concerning that national monuments such as the Cenotaph require protection. 

This happens every year, is the cenotaph actually under threat or is that what they want you to believe so that they can divide us even more? Obviously anybody who vandalises something that means so much to people is an idiot who should be publicly shamed. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

The protesters could do themselves a lot of good by carrying posters of the Israelis being held hostage in Gaza and some of the dead in Israel, to make it clear that they are supporting the Palestinian people and not their government. 

Rightly or wrongly, they are seen as supporting Hamas.

Of course there are people in those protesting groups with uncomfortable and immoral views but I don’t think that should mean eliminating their right to protest as it would lead to far more problems later on. 

On 05/11/2023 at 10:24, Lionator said:

To those who say “the Tories are a liberal party not true conservatives”, there’s your dose of conservatism and anti-liberalism for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Of course there are people in those protesting groups with uncomfortable and immoral views but I don’t think that should mean eliminating their right to protest as it would lead to far more problems later on. 

It shouldn't stop the right to protest, but I think protests that involve jihad are illegal already regardless of weasel words about jihad meaning different things.  We know what Islamist jihad against the Jews means.  (If someone called for a purge of gay people, the police wouldn't fail to arrest them on the grounds that they might mean happy people should have an enema.)

However, the Remembrance weekend, with the 11th being on Saturday, has both days taken up with Remembrance.  Let this weekend's protest be on Monday for a change.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Just waiting on someone in government to trot out the "Can't even wear a Poppy badge anymore as it 'uffends 'em'"

You wouldn't put it past some crank Tory MP to try and bring in a law making it mandatory for everyone/every public building to wear or display a poppy between mid October and mid November.

59 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

You wouldn't put it past some crank Tory MP to try and bring in a law making it mandatory for everyone/every public building to wear or display a poppy between mid October and mid November.

Unfortunately they could try but the wokerati with their luxury beliefs and hate marches have made the lifestyle choice to ignore the British values of common decency. 

God I hate politicians. 

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Leeanderthal posting this offensive shite for his base. 

They’re there because you’ve failed them as a government Leenoch you ****ing ****.

He's got some nerve considering the apology he had to dish out to an NHS doctor earlier today or over the weekend. 

'get the homeless off the streets'. Just like that, right lol how about make it easier for them to access affordable housing. 

Bet he thinks it's a valuable lifestyle choice as well the absolute pleb. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

'get the homeless off the streets'. Just like that, right lol how about make it easier for them to access affordable housing. 

Bet he thinks it's a valuable lifestyle choice as well the absolute pleb. 

My house used to be considered a 'starter home'. A new buyer would need 20k deposit now. 

Where the **** are people getting that? It would take me years of saving 

7 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

My house used to be considered a 'starter home'. A new buyer would need 20k deposit now. 

Where the **** are people getting that? It would take me years of saving 

I'm pretty sure one of the Tory MPs a year or so ago said that people should save their benefits for a deposit on a house lollollol 

As if people had anything left after all the bills and rent was paid...

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

It's being rebuilt from my understanding?

It's 7 miles from my junction on the M1. Always delighted to go by it if I've been up north, means I'm almost home.

I’m always delighted to go by it too - because it’s grim

• Haha 1