Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

59 minutes ago, StanSP said:

20240624_142944.thumb.jpg.3ae4bf30ca4f8c04d4fff00f2a69dd16.jpg

20240624_142936.thumb.jpg.d058616cb3cb9e752166163af45fceb9.jpg

20240624_142912.thumb.jpg.04e25b6e096900df0de6e4f1e9e3de3d.jpg

For shame that you didn’t include the potential mountain-top based shark attack, my particular favourite.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It might just be me that feels that Lucy Letby may well not have killed any baby at all; and just that Consultants etc. are blaming her for care failings?..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0dddgn9leyo

How do you explain the scribbled notes found at her home with the words "am I evil" on them and other evidence!.

28 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It might just be me that feels that Lucy Letby may well not have killed any baby at all; and just that Consultants etc. are blaming her for care failings?..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0dddgn9leyo

Put everything together it definitely points towards her, but the fact there is no 'actual' evidence, at least that I remember, means there is still room for doubt, and is one of the main reasons I don't agree with the death penalty. 

Without any actual proof she may well be innocent, it seems unlikely, but it's possible. 

• Like 4

"I killed them on purpose because I'm not good enough"

"I am a horrible evil person"

"I am evil I did this"

To be fair, I can see how those words written in her own hand could be taken more than one way.

letby_note.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Daggers said:

"I killed them on purpose because I'm not good enough"

"I am a horrible evil person"

"I am evil I did this"

To be fair, I can see how those words written in her own hand could be taken more than one way.

letby_note.jpeg

That note also says 'I haven't done anything wrong'

Or are we just choosing which bits to believe?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

That note also says 'I haven't done anything wrong'

Or are we just choosing which bits to believe?

I don't know, are you? I can't speak for anyone else.

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

I don't know, are you? I can't speak for anyone else.

We as in the British public, her peers who convicted her on circumstantial evidence, the note being a key part of said evidence.

If your post meant anything other than sarcasm that people might not think the sentences you have picked out to be the truth, I'll be very surprised.

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

We as in the British public, her peers who convicted her on circumstantial evidence, the note being a key part of said evidence.

If your post meant anything other than sarcasm that people might not think the sentences you have picked out to be the truth, I'll be very surprised.

The jury debated the evidence and found her guilty BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT.

Until anyone ponies up new evidence to the contrary, I'm not entertaining notions that she might be innocent anymore than I'm considering there is extraterrestrial life.

4 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Put everything together it definitely points towards her, but the fact there is no 'actual' evidence, at least that I remember, means there is still room for doubt, and is one of the main reasons I don't agree with the death penalty. 

Without any actual proof she may well be innocent, it seems unlikely, but it's possible. 

Yeah, it's not impossible that all these things were happening on her watch and she saw that connection and started blaming herself.

Maybe someone who was more to blame psychologically manipulated her and convinced her it was her fault.

Maybe it was just plain incompetence that she couldn't bring herself to admit to publicly, but harboured deep self-loathing at her cowardice to admit it (which would be manslaughter?)

All highly unlikely, but not impossible. So you're quite right about the death sentence, which can never be rescinded.

I've sat on a couple of juries (coroners and criminal) and on one (don't expect any details) there was one guy in the jury who from the get go was full on torch and pitchfork lynch mob, despite 11 other people deciding that any evidence was tenuous at best and the prosecution made very little sense, and yet he remained so through the whole trial.

Which has always made me very aware how differently people can see stuff.

Oh, and btw ... the lynch mob guy wasn't me lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Yeah, it's not impossible that all these things were happening on her watch and she saw that connection and started blaming herself.

Maybe someone who was more to blame psychologically manipulated her and convinced her it was her fault.

Maybe it was just plain incompetence that she couldn't bring herself to admit to publicly, but harboured deep self-loathing at her cowardice to admit it (which would be manslaughter?)

All highly unlikely, but not impossible. So you're quite right about the death sentence, which can never be rescinded.

I've sat on a couple of juries (coroners and criminal) and on one (don't expect any details) there was one guy in the jury who from the get go was full on torch and pitchfork lynch mob, despite 11 other people deciding that any evidence was tenuous at best and the prosecution made very little sense, and yet he remained so through the whole trial.

Which has always made me very aware how differently people can see stuff.

Oh, and btw ... the lynch mob guy wasn't me lol

I still say we should have returned a guilty verdict and recommended death by tickling. 

• Haha 1