Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

Some of you may be wondering why I’m babbling on about Israel/hezbollah 

here’s a US general’s thoughts 

According to General Brown, Iran is increasingly inclined to enter into a direct war against Israel in the  event that Tehran feels that Hezbollah is under a real threat • Report: Alfi Militia fighters will arrive in Lebanon in the event of an all-out war. 

General Brown, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in the US Army, said that the chances are increasing that Iran will choose to enter into a direct war with Israel in the event of a war between the IDF and Hezbollah.  

I’d also throw this in - it seems the the Biden administration has been holding back on arms exports to Israel for various reasons. We understand the Gaza scenario - they want a ceasefire there and that makes sense to them.  If Israel don’t have the conventional weapons to take on hezbollah in Lebanon then they would have to use non conventional - I don’t mean nuclear btw. But evidently there is stuff that we’ve not seen used in the theatre of war (at this point in time).  
Israel very much views hezbollah as being the biggest existential threat to itself in the region. They won’t just continue to take in a couple dozen rockets/missiles each day with 70k displaced residents ad infinitum. 

so the stakes in the north are very high indeed - it just feels like we are in a holding pattern awaiting news on which way the us election will go before big calls are made.  But Israel won’t wait that long before properly attacking in s Lebanon. (Rather than reprisal strikes which are ongoing) 

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It’s astonishing 

However, this particular company was actually a functioning PPE supplier pre covid and I can fully understand giving them big contracts in 2020. (Assuming they could justify the prices being charged against what they were paying). 

but many of the other ones handed out to ‘Tory donors’/mates meant that lots of the PPE ordered ‘correctly’ wasn’t required.

we should also recognise that in 2020, lots of PPE was ordered because we were massively ill prepared and no one had a clue how long the pandemic would last etc etc - the speed of the vaccine meant we didn’t need anything like the volumes of PPE that we could have done. But there was little structure applied to what volumes were actually being ordered and delivery scheduling. 

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s astonishing 

However, this particular company was actually a functioning PPE supplier pre covid and I can fully understand giving them big contracts in 2020. (Assuming they could justify the prices being charged against what they were paying). 

but many of the other ones handed out to ‘Tory donors’/mates meant that lots of the PPE ordered ‘correctly’ wasn’t required.

we should also recognise that in 2020, lots of PPE was ordered because we were massively ill prepared and no one had a clue how long the pandemic would last etc etc - the speed of the vaccine meant we didn’t need anything like the volumes of PPE that we could have done. But there was little structure applied to what volumes were actually being ordered and delivery scheduling. 

Yes of all the reported contracts, this one looks fully legit in terms of the existing supplier able to increase supply and while they clearly did well out of it, years of hard work went into it, and their organization might have saved many lives.  Its a shame the NHS ordered so much - a huge waste in the end - but they were under huge pressure and frankly if front line staff had died from lack of PPE they would have been castigated.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can they keep him there, instead of deporting back to UK? 

He doesn’t live here. 

Little Tommy Ten Names moved out to Spain, into a property his knuckle dragging fvcktard supporters brought for him with their donations to the Little Tommy Ten Names fighting fund. 

No doubt this arrest will just trigger another slew of donations to the Nazi grifter from thickos who have little money to spend on themselves or their kids. 

• Like 1

“What about my stuff…what about my stuff?!”

You'd think most people wouldn’t be stupid enough to ask the cops to go get their cocaine from the house - not little Tommy Ten Names. 

The cvnt. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

I know a chap who will take that off their hands.......

tp-image-del-boy-young.thumb.jpg.1a3028f270514bbdd786d87a08783788.jpg

It’s quite an important part of this 

at what point did the NHS realise it had way too much stock and what did they do to try and sell the overstock to countries that needed it ?  My guess is that they just moved it into storage and had no contacts to find a home for it.  The stuff had a 2/3 year shelf life so it needed dealing with urgently. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

I know a few people who work in distribution centres and they tell  me they’ve got warehouses

full of unusable PPE still in storage left over from Covid.

I can imagine that’s true

cand anyone tell me how facemasks or protective clothing become outs of date ?  I mean what makes them become inefficient at stopping virus’ getting through ? 

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

at what point did the NHS realise it had way too much stock and what did they do to try and sell the overstock to countries that needed it ?  My guess is that they just moved it into storage and had no contacts to find a home for it.  The stuff had a 2/3 year shelf life so it needed dealing with urgently. 

Gotta spend your budget cos if you don’t it will get cut! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/documents/centralising-procurement-of-ppe-and-other-supplies/

Very interesting primary result in New York.. senator Bowman, a Democratic senator who was a very outspoken critic  of Israel and their war in Gaza, lost his seat to a pro-Israeli candidate by quite a sizesble majority. 

This is one reason, I would image that Biden is still  having to support Israel. Whether he wants to or not. Failure to do so would probably result in a catastrophic defeat in November.

Incidently Bowman was the one who set off a fire alarm in the middle of a vote about possible goverment shutdown..

George Latimer, a pro-Israel centrist, defeated Bowman in a Democratic primary in suburban New York that highlighted the party’s deep divisions over the war in Gaza.

With the victory, Latimer has ousted one of the most liberal voices in Congress and one of its most outspoken critics of Israel. Bowman has accused Israel of committing genocide in Gaza, where thousands of Palestinians have died in military strikes.

Latimer, who got into the race at the urging of Jewish leaders and had heavy financial backing from the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, is a former state legislator who has served as Westchester County executive since 2018.