Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

That debate totally puts to bed any notion that Trump has any cognitive decline. He was sharp, he was  able to quickly reply. And he was able to spread his continuous lies and actually seemed to know when to dodge questions.

Biden? Less so. There were times he could get a full sentence out.  He strangely became more eloquent the angrier he got with Trump. Maybe something for him to remember for the next debate - be more aggressive and the headlines they way.

However I did not appreciate one bit how Trump seemed to ridicule/ mock Biden for being old and getting older. But it was Trump, so I shouldn’t be surprised..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

No indeed the King is fine as head of state, we don't need some elected old man.

I think on balance I’d still rather have an anachronistic symbolic head of state with our democracy beneath it than the US presidential system. I accept others may see it differently. 

Either way, it’s looking like Biden’s very obvious cognitive decline may be about to hand the world another Trump presidency. If only this could have been predicted months ago when there was time to do something about it….

7 hours ago, MPH said:

Are they really arguing over who is the best golfer?

I heard it described as two old men in daycare arguing over the tv remote !

I think many voters who don’t want to vote for trump will find themselves not voting at all rather than voting for biden.

will that be enough for trump to win ???

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I heard it described as two old men in daycare arguing over the tv remote !

I think many voters who don’t want to vote for trump will find themselves not voting at all rather than voting for biden.

will that be enough for trump to win ???

Unfortunately I feel like Biden sealed his fate last night.

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

Unfortunately I feel like Biden sealed his fate last night.

Must admit I've been reading a lot of left-leaning print journalism claiming all these Twitter clips of him looking out of it were edited and misrepresented.  Having watched the debate, he's absolutely not functioning and it's depressing to see it giving Trump a potential open goal.  This smacks of Corbyn's Labour who just stuck their head in the sand that the leader is a problem and arrogantly sleepwalked into a defeat.

Edited by Zear0

13 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Must admit I've been reading a lot of left-leaning print journalism claiming all these Twitter clips of him looking out of it were edited and misrepresented.  Having watched the debate, he's absolutely not functioning and it's depressing to see it giving Trump a potential open goal.  This smacks of Corbyn's Labour who just stuck their head in the sand that the leader is a problem and arrogantly sleepwalked into a defeat.

Eh. Trump isn't exactly functional either, he's made a mountain of dementia gaffs recently. He was just more coked than Biden last night. 

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights of that debate.  What a shitshow.  Biden at times looked as though he had just wondered off from his carer and Trump lying his arse off, as only a pathological liar can.  Hard to understand why the Democrats couldn’t field another viable candidate.  Wonder how many people just won’t bother to vote. 

10 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Just watched the highlights of that debate.  What a shitshow.  Biden at times looked as though he had just wondered off from his carer and Trump lying his arse off, as only a pathological liar can.  Hard to understand why the Democrats couldn’t field another viable candidate.  Wonder how many people just won’t bother to vote. 

Yeah - that’s my point

trump’s supporters are pretty much all in on him irrespective on anything 

there will be many who voted for Biden last time who will not bother voting on the basis that they can see it won’t be Biden who is in office for v long 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yeah - that’s my point

trump’s supporters are pretty much all in on him irrespective on anything 

there will be many who voted for Biden last time who will not bother voting on the basis that they can see it won’t be Biden who is in office for v long 

The only positive for the Democrats is that there is still four months before the election.  The next debate is September.  Just not sure how they improve the optics without removing Biden. 

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

100% agree. 

it’s all very Sad to watch.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Eh. Trump isn't exactly functional either, he's made a mountain of dementia gaffs recently. He was just more coked than Biden last night. 

when it comes to his cognitive functioning, Trump was absolutely fine last night.

unfortunately last night killed off any notion Trump has any age related mental capacity issues. Trumps problems before the debate can now  be put down to the fact he is a waffling bafoon. Which is what I have said all along, actually.

and the notion that Trump would have taken something to sharpen his mind but Biden missed that trick is just too far fetched.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1