Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

I’m pretty sure that le pen would target any radical Islamism in France.  If she was struggling to implement that policy then no doubt she’d have to move onto low hanging fruit which would be dreadful. (In order to satisfy a large chunk of her support) 

i assume that they won’t be able to do much whilst macron is president - I’ve always thought that his objective calling this snap election is to give the right some control and by 2027, the public will have seen how poor they are in govt when the next presidential vote occurs. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m pretty sure that le pen would target any radical Islamism in France.  If she was struggling to implement that policy then no doubt she’d have to move onto low hanging fruit which would be dreadful. (In order to satisfy a large chunk of her support) 

i assume that they won’t be able to do much whilst macron is president - I’ve always thought that his objective calling this snap election is to give the right some control and by 2027, the public will have seen how poor they are in govt when the next presidential vote occurs. 

I'm sure this is the case. 

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

that’s potentially dangerous FAFO politics..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Daggers said:

I don’t doubt she’d cram them in croissant ovens given half a chance

She wants to be the next president though, and she has already learned the way to get there is to soften her stance and move toward the middle.  No reason to think she will change course now.  Not that this changes her underlying motivations of course.

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Just to add, this is a CNN poll…. Not even a Fox News poll…

A CNN poll conducted by SSRS from June 28-30 found Trump leading Biden 49% to 43%

that’s about as grim as it can get..

Dems are ****ed unless they get rid of Biden, and then they get Harris, who is even less popular.  They are stuck I think, Trump it is.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Dems are ****ed unless they get rid of Biden, and then they get Harris, who is even less popular.  They are stuck I think, Trump it is.

I’ve been saying this for months now and it’s been brushed off by a few in here..

his first mistake was picking a VP who ticked a few boxes rather then getting someone for their political acumen..

Edited by MPH

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Just to add, this is a CNN poll…. Not even a Fox News poll…

A CNN poll conducted by SSRS from June 28-30 found Trump leading Biden 49% to 43%

that’s about as grim as it can get..

I wonder if ukraine will feel that they should have got involved in some solid negotiations - I expect putin would now decide he can wait to see how the back end of the year develops politically 

in addition, wouldn’t surprise me to see Hamas being a little more interested in meeting more of Israel’s demands re a ceasefire agreement. 

whilst trump is not clear on his ukraine/russia policy, his view of Gaza/israel is that Israel should have gone in harder and finished the demolition of Hamas within a few months (with many times larger civilian casualties ).

4 hours ago, MPH said:

that’s potentially dangerous FAFO politics..

Macron increasingly strikes me as positioning himself as a risk-taker. For whatever reason he felt the need to roll the dice. And it’s backfired on him massively. Right before the Paris Olympics.

As for hoping that the far right will come across as useless before 2027, they have a ready-made excuse that Macron’s preventing them from governing the way their supporters want. Which will be true, because his ego won’t allow him to do otherwise. France’s best hope at this point is that someone charismatic and centre-left comes to prominence to eclipse everyone, but there’s a distinct lack of those around in the world right now.

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder if ukraine will feel that they should have got involved in some solid negotiations - I expect putin would now decide he can wait to see how the back end of the year develops politically 

in addition, wouldn’t surprise me to see Hamas being a little more interested in meeting more of Israel’s demands re a ceasefire agreement. 

whilst trump is not clear on his ukraine/russia policy, his view of Gaza/israel is that Israel should have gone in harder and finished the demolition of Hamas within a few months (with many times larger civilian casualties ).

i think trump would at least stop Iran getting personally involved.

if there’s one thing about trump, he realizes the color of money is black ( oil)

4 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

More like the US is f***** if Trump gets in and one of the first things he will do is to cut off funding to Ukraine .  

Trump wants a swift end to the war. He’ll put pressure on Russia and threaten to stop buying their oil and he’ll offer to give Ukraine every type of weapon they need. He will want negotiations and he will put pressure on BOTH sides to get it..

if there is one think I like about that foul mouthed  repulsive person, it’s that I feel he’s better at getting ‘world problems’ dealt with.

55 minutes ago, MPH said:

Trump wants a swift end to the war. He’ll put pressure on Russia and threaten to stop buying their oil and he’ll offer to give Ukraine every type of weapon they need. He will want negotiations and he will put pressure on BOTH sides to get it..

if there is one think I like about that foul mouthed  repulsive person, it’s that I feel he’s better at getting ‘world problems’ dealt with.

Do you mean his “I will end the war in 24 hrs” nonsense?  The oil Russia ends up selling to the US in their shadow tankers, is a drop in the ocean compared to the billions they make selling to China and India.  As for weapons, is he also going to supply US troops to Ukraine, as lack of man power continues to be their major headache.  I  am aware he would be like to be known as a strong man, but really 🤣.  TBH, I can’t remember any foreign policy triumphs from his last term, so what makes you think he will better next time around?

4 hours ago, MPH said:

i think trump would at least stop Iran getting personally involved.

if there’s one thing about trump, he realizes the color of money is black ( oil)

Can’t see Iran getting involved directly unless Israel attack them directly 

they’re using Hezbollah, Houthis and Hamas as proxies to avoid them having to get involved directly 

6 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Do you mean his “I will end the war in 24 hrs” nonsense?  The oil Russia ends up selling to the US in their shadow tankers, is a drop in the ocean compared to the billions they make selling to China and India.  As for weapons, is he also going to supply US troops to Ukraine, as lack of man power continues to be their major headache.  I  am aware he would be like to be known as a strong man, but really 🤣.  TBH, I can’t remember any foreign policy triumphs from his last term, so what makes you think he will better next time around?

Well we certainly didn’t have the mess on the world scene we have now, but admittedly that’s probably more to do with the weak leadership Biden has shown on the world scene more so than Trump being a strong man leader. 

Trump uses trade as his weapon, not just oil.  He also seems to get an ego buzz from ‘ making deals’ as he calls it. He would have probably threatened Ukraine into making a deal with Russia, which I personally wouldn’t have backed but anyway..  

2 hours ago, jgtuk said:

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

id like to think that’s about getting Hamas to the negotiating table, but I highly doubt it..

It’s perverse that Hamas’ refusal to accept defeat has made this so much more likely to happen.  The end of the war will hasten the end of netenyahu and his right wing cronies.  Sinwar is doing no favours for the people of Gaza or those of the West Bank 

• Like 1