Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Yeah

Well, his lawyers have unsuccessfully tried to delay all civil and criminal cases against him until after next years election.

Under American law, even if he is incarcerated, he can still run for president. Nothing stops him.

If he was in prison and was elected, he would pardon himself and make 'the most powerful country in the world' an absolute farce again.

Interestingly and quite unbelievably, I was on a train from London to Oxford about 3 months ago.

I overheard a conversation between what were clearly very intelligent academics.

I think 2 Oxford professors had 2 visiting professors from the US.

They got on to the subject of American politics and unbelievably, the Americans were pro Trump.

They weren't die hard Republicans, but they reasoned, both of their options are unelectable, but Trump was the lesser of 2 evils.

I was in absolute shock! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Can you find a reliable source that says this?  CNN's version, for example, quotes:

"Trump ultimately said he was not involved in his 2021 financial statements. “I don’t know that’s when it was in the trust,” Trump said, adding he assumed principals including former Trump Org. CFO Allen Weisselberg and ex-Trump Org. executive Jeff McConney dealt with that then."

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Well, his lawyers have unsuccessfully tried to delay all civil and criminal cases against him until after next years election.

Under American law, even if he is incarcerated, he can still run for president. Nothing stops him.

If he was in prison and was elected, he would pardon himself and make 'the most powerful country in the world' an absolute farce again.

Interestingly and quite unbelievably, I was on a train from London to Oxford about 3 months ago.

I overheard a conversation between what were clearly very intelligent academics.

I think 2 Oxford professors had 2 visiting professors from the US.

They got on to the subject of American politics and unbelievably, the Americans were pro Trump.

They weren't die hard Republicans, but they reasoned, both of their options are unelectable, but Trump was the lesser of 2 evils.

I was in absolute shock! 

That's a fairly common attitude, actually, especially in recent years.  There is a strong tendancy for certain groups of voters to believe that they are clever and they are right, and anyone who disagrees must of necessity be stupid. 

As for the Americans, there a many very good reasons to distrust the career politicians like Hillary Clinton, and when you add in Biden's frailty and confusion and the chances that Kamala Harris might be President the day after the election, there are shedloads of good reasons to avoid voting for Biden.  It's just a matter of which reasons are more compelling.  Who do you want in charge?  Someone who used to be a nutcase and still is, or someone who used to be astute and intelligent who now has trouble remembering who Russia is at war with?

If ever a true independent had a chance, this has to be it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

That's a fairly common attitude, actually, especially in recent years.  There is a strong tendancy for certain groups of voters to believe that they are clever and they are right, and anyone who disagrees must of necessity be stupid. 

As for the Americans, there a many very good reasons to distrust the career politicians like Hillary Clinton, and when you add in Biden's frailty and confusion and the chances that Kamala Harris might be President the day after the election, there are shedloads of good reasons to avoid voting for Biden.  It's just a matter of which reasons are more compelling.  Who do you want in charge?  Someone who used to be a nutcase and still is, or someone who used to be astute and intelligent who now has trouble remembering who Russia is at war with?

The Americans appeared to think Marco Rubio would be the future, but there's no way he'd beat Trump in the primaries.

Scary to think that these intelligent people in their Ivy League universities are leaning this way.

But I guess the Oxbridge lot in this country would still vote Tory :unsure:

16 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

The Americans appeared to think Marco Rubio would be the future, but there's no way he'd beat Trump in the primaries.

Scary to think that these intelligent people in their Ivy League universities are leaning this way.

But I guess the Oxbridge lot in this country would still vote Tory :unsure:

Both in Brexit and in the US election, the "I am clever and you are stupid so vote how I tell you" attitude was not a vote winner.

10 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Biden. It’s not even a contest. I don’t care if he spends all day running around the White House garden naked, he’s not Trump.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Biden. It’s not even a contest. I don’t care if he spends all day running around the White House garden naked, he’s not Trump.

I'd rather Biden being in a coffin dragged out by the secret service in a "weekend at Bernie's" style way than have Trump again. :ph34r:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

I'd rather Biden being in a coffin dragged out by the secret service in a "weekend at Bernie's" style way than have Trump again. :ph34r:

Biden’s corpse held up by puppet strings with Kamala Harris doing a poor impression of an Irish accent >>> Trump.

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

I've never understood why Americans voted for Trump and even more so now.

In all the millions that reside in the US is this the best they can do?

Because they love their WWE/WWF or whatever they call it wrestling culture. Fake stuff that makes the man child come out. Trump is WWE lol.

Least he cant run again so only 4 more years in office before he has to puck off. Also, they will be starting to field his successor half way through his first term so will take some wind away.

Biden isn't doing well from an article i read seems like trump had votes in the swing states...anything can change but i just cant see biden winning this second time

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

I've never understood why Americans voted for Trump and even more so now.

In all the millions that reside in the US is this the best they can do?

Almost as bad as the Uk voting for Boris!!

• Thanks 1