Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

Don’t worry, Trump will get you out if they arrest you..

I can see the way the wind is blowing, I’m going to become a religious right-wing libertarian

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I can see the way the wind is blowing, I’m going to become a religious right-wing libertarian

it’s all the rage these days.

Just now, Wymsey said:

Sorry, but genuinely still think that it's a lot of 'their word against hers' in this interesting case..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cljyn2e7l3yo

Is it? It seems a bit coincidental if that was the case.

Plus the Doctor giving evidence said he walked in on her doing nothing while stood over a premature baby that was struggling to breathe.

Just now, Fox92 said:

Is it? It seems a bit coincidental if that was the case.

Plus the Doctor giving evidence said he walked in on her doing nothing while stood over a premature baby that was struggling to breathe.

He could've perhaps said it to defend his own shortcomings in that situation?

Posted (edited)

Harris is playing a blinder here. Some of her closest friends, one of whom coincidentally is one of those threatening to stop funding the dems has released a statement  very recently about how she is destined to become president and she ‘ always has been’

Edited by MPH

I mean, there’s confusing the names of world leaders… it happens.. then there’s telling people you were the first black woman to serve under a  black president..

IMG_6106.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

He could've perhaps said it to defend his own shortcomings in that situation?

Nah man I think the evidence is all there. 

Posted (edited)

very intresting vote going on in Iran right now. The hardliner  Saheed Jalili slightly won the first round of voting mostly, in my opinion due to a low turnout from reformist voters. However the vote was close enough that it’s galvanized more people to come out and vote in the second round of voting in which the  more moderate Masoud Pezeshkian is projected to be slightly in the lead. Pezeshkian favors better co-operation with the west and is not an Isolationist. He is more In favor of  compromise with regards to their nuclear program.

it could be great for Iran if Pezeshkian got elected!

Edited by MPH

4 hours ago, MPH said:

He’s done it!

How much control and influence will he actually have though?

surely the hardliners can fiddle the voting if they were concerned he would make much of a difference? 

mind you, the progress that will soon be more widely reported in Gaza/israel ceasefire negs will no doubt be linked to his election as President. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

How much control and influence will he actually have though?

surely the hardliners can fiddle the voting if they were concerned he would make much of a difference? 

mind you, the progress that will soon be more widely reported in Gaza/israel ceasefire negs will no doubt be linked to his election as President. 

the ayatollah is considered a spiritual leader and isn’t really involved in the day to day running of the country.-  so I expect some changes like he might curb the powers of the morality police whom he has been an outspoken critic of.. he’ll be the one responsible for meeting with world leaders, ect..

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MPH said:

the ayatollah is considered a spiritual leader and isn’t really involved in the day to day running of the country.-  so I expect some changes like he might curb the powers of the morality police whom he has been an outspoken critic of.. he’ll be the one responsible for meeting with world leaders, ect..

I can’t see him having much say over regional foreign policy though - unless he can convince the ‘men in dark thobes’ it’s in their interest to stop meddling via proxies - very unlikely 

Edited by st albans fox

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I can’t see him having much say over regional foreign policy though - unless he can convince the ‘men in dark thobes’ it’s in their interest to stop meddling via proxies - very unlikely 

I guess you have to look at it as a step in the right direction especially for the Iranian people. Change very rarely happens over night unless it is taken by force.

hope it leads it a bright future for the Iranian people.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MPH said:

I guess you have to look at it as a step in the right direction especially for the Iranian people. Change very rarely happens over night unless it is taken by force.

hope it leads it a bright future for the Iranian people.

I don't claim to have any understanding of Iranian politics, but it's certainly an interesting development:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jul/06/iran-reformist-masoud-pezeshkian-extends-lead-in-presidential-election-count

Some important democratic decisions being taken just now, what with the UK, Iran, second round of French parliamentary voting tomorrow and presumably a conclusion soon re. Biden's candidacy, with the Democratic convention in August?

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

I don't claim to have any understanding of Iranian politics, but it's certainly an interesting development:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jul/06/iran-reformist-masoud-pezeshkian-extends-lead-in-presidential-election-count

Some important democratic decisions being taken just now, what with the UK, Iran, second round of French parliamentary voting tomorrow and presumably a conclusion soon re. Biden's candidacy, with the Democratic convention in August?

what is interesting with regards to Iran is that even the Ayatollah has acknowledged that the people are unhappy right now with the regime. That is absolutely unheard of  for him to comment on such things. It does hint, along with the new president, to a softer approach

The American election is the biggy of course. I feel sorry for Biden. People can always offer positives and negatives for each  individual policy and can argue for or against wether he’s been a good president, but to  be judged on his cognitive decline.. I mean, that’s not really his fault, is it? And I hate that this is becoming his legacy  and not his ‘ performance’ .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MPH said:

what is interesting with regards to Iran is that even the Ayatollah has acknowledged that the people are unhappy right now with the regime. That is absolutely unheard of  for him to comment on such things. It does hint, along with the new president, to a softer approach

The American election is the biggy of course. I feel sorry for Biden. People can always offer positives and negatives for each  individual policy and can argue for or against wether he’s been a good president, but to  be judged on his cognitive decline.. I mean, that’s not really his fault, is it? And I hate that this is becoming his legacy  and not his ‘ performance’ .

It is Biden’s fault, through his arrogance to run for that 2nd term and equally The Democratic Party for their acquiescence.  It reminds me of 1980’s Soviet Russia, when three aged presidents dropped dead in office within three years( they were all younger than Biden btw).  They looked a bit like waxwork dummies and Biden is starting to resemble one!  The Democrats should have had a succession plan worked out and Biden could have nominated his successor be that Harris, or someone else.  Too dangerous to placate an old man’s vanity, by not giving themselves the best chance to beat Trump.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

It is Biden’s fault, through his arrogance to run for that 2nd term and equally The Democratic Party for their acquiescence.  It reminds me of 1980’s Soviet Russia, when three aged presidents dropped dead in office within three years( they were all younger than Biden btw).  They looked a bit like waxwork dummies and Biden is starting to resemble one!  The Democrats should have had a succession plan worked out and Biden could have nominated his successor be that Harris, or someone else.  Too dangerous to placate an old man’s vanity, by not giving themselves the best chance to beat Trump.  

yeah I get what you are saying. It’s hard to acknowledge  or even see your own personal decline and personally I lay all the blame at the Democratic Party’s feet. How on earth they can stand by and not intervene is beyond me.

theres still time though!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MPH said:

yeah I get what you are saying. It’s hard to acknowledge  or even see your own personal decline and personally I lay all the blame at the Democratic Party’s feet. How on earth they can stand by and not intervene is beyond me.

theres still time though!!

I do wonder how much mrs Biden likes being First Lady is responsible for Joe sticking it out …..