Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

On 04/07/2024 at 22:50, Daggers said:

I can see the way the wind is blowing, I’m going to become a religious right-wing libertarian

You're not fooling anyone, Ayatollah!

4 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

It is Biden’s fault, through his arrogance to run for that 2nd term and equally The Democratic Party for their acquiescence.  It reminds me of 1980’s Soviet Russia, when three aged presidents dropped dead in office within three years( they were all younger than Biden btw).  They looked a bit like waxwork dummies and Biden is starting to resemble one!  The Democrats should have had a succession plan worked out and Biden could have nominated his successor be that Harris, or someone else.  Too dangerous to placate an old man’s vanity, by not giving themselves the best chance to beat Trump.  

Doesn't the American constitution allow for a vote of no confidence, such as happened with Truss?

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Doesn't the American constitution allow for a vote of no confidence, such as happened with Truss?

The short answer is no.  The President can only be removed prematurely through impeachment. 

I find it really odd to the point of disappointing that Trump is in the news again for being named in a fresh batch of Epstein documents and being accused of raping a twelve year old, sex trafficked girl and yet the BBC is still just obsessing over  Biden being a bit shit and old in interviews. 

Like, I understand Fox news having it's bias but the BBC was once globally respected for its impartiality, particularly on international news stories. 

It's ****ing painful how much of a conservative mouthpiece it's become under this tory government. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I find it really odd to the point of disappointing that Trump is in the news again for being named in a fresh batch of Epstein documents and being accused of raping a twelve year old, sex trafficked girl and yet the BBC is still just obsessing over  Biden being a bit shit and old in interviews. 

Like, I understand Fox news having it's bias but the BBC was once globally respected for its impartiality, particularly on international news stories. 

It's ****ing painful how much of a conservative mouthpiece it's become under this tory government. 

They’ll wait for that to be examined and confirmed before mentioning it (even as an accusation) as any reputable news organisation should do. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, st albans fox said:

They’ll wait for that to be examined and confirmed before mentioning it (even as an accusation) as any reputable news organisation should do. 

But Fox News have... oh... reputable.

I see.

19 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I mean let's be real, they won't, and over the last few years haven't. the role of a state run broadcasting organisation is to broadcast the agenda of the state and the Tories have put their guy in charge of it so the BBC will focus on the editorial line that he lays down

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Something just doesn't sit right with the whole situation and investigation..

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/jay-slater-disappearance-tenerife-airbnb-man-breaks-silence-b1168562.html

First Lucy Letby and now this.

Are you @Zingari in disguise?

I was wondering what had happened to him.

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Are you @Zingari in disguise?

I was wondering what had happened to him.

He's hasn't been on here for, what, around 10 years now?..

The poor lad may well be around some grassland, but just have a slight feeling in the back of the mind that someone knows something.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

As in candidates withdrawing to make the RN task more difficult ? 

The exit polls are diverging massively from what was expected.

i was kind of being sarcastic but RN will 100% claim it’s been rigged

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

He's hasn't been on here for, what, around 10 years now?..

The poor lad may well be around some grassland, but just have a slight feeling in the back of the mind that someone knows something.

Possibly so but why not come forward? He's dead, almost certainly and most likely due to nothing more than exposure/heatstroke/exhaustion/dehydration.

Just now, Lionator said:

Exit polls have just been made available and they all give different numbers - to the point we cannot confidently say which party has come out on top. 

France Télévisions gives the National Rally between 120 and 160 seats - if that's correct then this is a surprise defeat for the RN, which would have come third.

Two other polls, including France's biggest private channel TF1 and from RTL/M6 suggest RN has come second. One other projection gives RN the biggest number of seats, but that may be an outlier.

However, what is clear is that France is heading for a hung parliament with no single block controlling a majority. The picture will become clearer in the next few hours as actual results come trickling in - we will bring you those as we get them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think it’s more of a case of a last minute coalition between centrists and the left who appear to now take the threat of a right wing government  seriously and seem to be willing to do anything to stop them being in power

Previous news coverage was focused on the chances of individual parties.. which was pretty much zero…

Edited by MPH

What's going on in France is what I suspect a grown up Labour would do with the LibDems if necessary - especially given that the latter have figured out how to win a decent amount of seats, and the electorate have caught on to tactical voting.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

What's going on in France is what I suspect a grown up Labour would do with the LibDems if necessary - especially given that the latter have figured out how to win a decent amount of seats, and the electorate have caught on to tactical voting.

Melenchon wouldn’t last two seconds in British politics though, he’d be called an anti semite and derided to banishment .

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

you’re  absolutely right.. If for some God forsaken reason the National Front or BNP  gained momentum and were in with a chance, you bet your bottom dollar that Labour and the lib dems would discover a friendship like never before..

20 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Lads who normally love interesting election results "for the meltdown" a bit quiet again on social media for the second time this week...

As we saw on Thursday, right wingers are the biggest cry babies going when things don't go their way. 

Well done France. 

• Like 4

Yeah both these elections have given me faith somewhat at least for a few years. A lot of it I think is that the left and centre have learnt to vote tactically in a way they perhaps weren’t in the past. 

• Like 2