Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Sampson said:

Yeah both these elections have given me faith somewhat at least for a few years. A lot of it I think is that the left and centre have learnt to vote tactically in a way they perhaps weren’t in the past. 

If the French left think that the voters are fully behind their policies then the right could well make a good run at the presidency in 2027 

Edited by st albans fox

IMG_5244.thumb.jpeg.007a4d9d9360c46e769e6c4b5666f415.jpeg

Wow, incredible. 

By far the largest percentage of the vote, more than 10% above anyone else..millions more votes than anyone else and yet 3rd!

French system even more weird than ours 😂

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

IMG_5244.thumb.jpeg.007a4d9d9360c46e769e6c4b5666f415.jpeg

Wow, incredible. 

By far the largest percentage of the vote, more than 10% above anyone else..millions more votes than anyone else and yet 3rd!

French system even more weird than ours 😂

I assume that hides other things

some seats from the first round weren’t voted in the second if one candidate polled 50%+ in the first round 

yesterday saw many seats fought with few options as the opposition to RN withdrew most of their their candidates to try and ensure RN wouldn’t be elected.  In many cases, the candidate with the best chance of winning the seat was left to battle it out. 

The numbers are going to be skewed big time - as your numbers show 

tactical voting will deliver strange outcomes when the straight maths is examined 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I assume that hides other things

some seats from the first round weren’t voted in the second if one candidate polled 50%+ in the first round 

yesterday saw many seats fought with few options as the opposition to RN withdrew most of their their candidates to try and ensure RN wouldn’t be elected.  In many cases, the candidate with the best chance of winning the seat was left to battle it out. 

The numbers are going to be skewed big time - as your numbers show 

tactical voting will deliver strange outcomes when the straight maths is examined 

Straight numbers also is an imperfect way of doing it because you’re assuming voters just want one party to get into power at the expense of anything else.

For example, I voted Liberal Democrat in 2010 assuming Labour were their natural allies and a Lab-LibDem coalition was the most likely outcome. I would categorically not have voted for them if I’d had the hindsight to know they’d happily go into coalition with the Tories - was true of many LibDem voters in 2010. It was a mistake on my part but taught me to take into account tactical voting and potential coalitions in the future. 

To an extent tactical voting is kind of essential to democracy because it’s not and shouldn’t really be a choice of just which party you want to get into power, an informed voter has to be able to take into account potential power sharing arrangements and coalitions into their voting preferences.

Edited by Sampson

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Martin Brundle doing his gridwalk yesterday - interrupted by secretary of state for Science, someone I'd never heard of - Martin basically just told him to fvck off, cringeworthy.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/07/07/sky-f1-host-awkward-encounter-labour-minister-british-gp-21180242/ 

That was hilarious, look at me, look at me I’m new sec of state and Brundle dealt with him beautifully.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

That was hilarious, look at me, look at me I’m new sec of state and Brundle dealt with him beautifully.

Day 2 of a new government and we as tax payers forking out for paddock passes.....nothing changes!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

That was my point............

They were there to present the trophy to the winning driver, I can't imagine anyone paid for that as most likely there by invite of the BRDC trying to firm up government support early doors.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

That was my point............

He was also presenting the winners trophy and was invited as a guest. Cost the tax payer FA. 

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

The lefty lefts and the righty rights of this forum uniting in their hatred of Labour already. You've got five more years to keep falling in love with each other, all whilst your quality of life and public services actually have chance to improve finally.

Enjoy it :) 

16 minutes ago, Daggers said:

download.jpeg

Come to America and if you’re lucky, people will post this on your Facebook feed:

best thing is, his first name is Randy. Can’t get more American than  an eagle with Trump hair posted by a man called Randy!

IMG_6114.jpeg

Edited by MPH
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

Come to America and if you’re lucky, people will post this on your Facebook feed:

best thing is, his first name is Randy. Can’t get more American than  an eagle with Trump hair posted by a man called Randy!

IMG_6114.jpeg

So much freedom in one image but needs more Jesus. Big J is endorsing Trump for president, y'know?

image.png.6d7a1e8b7743c27dcc0c69e00bb46226.png

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

So much freedom in one image but needs more Jesus. Big J is endorsing Trump for president, y'know?

*shudders* no he’s not! 

41 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Just don’t ask Trump for his favourite verse, or anything else bible related! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Build that wall and keep that West Bank fella well out of America.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Just don’t ask Trump for his favourite verse, or anything else bible related! 

Thats just fooked up, everyone knows Jesus is Brown, like a pooonjabi brown.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Is Jesus smoking a fag?

That’s not cigarette smoke, thats gun smoke. Jeez just iced a couple of libtard sinners with an AR-15 style assault rifle.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

That’s not cigarette smoke, thats gun smoke. Jeez just iced a couple of libtard sinners with an AR-15 style assault rifle.

Is that the one with the bump stock? Asking for a friend. 🫣

Edited by Torquay Gunner
Clarification
  • Haha 1