Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

But on topic, Biden can't run, the stress will finish him, literally. For his own sake, he needs to drop out and for the sake of the US. But is there a suitable replacement for him 

In a country the size of the US, there has to be a better candidate then Trump and Biden. Someone who is not in "let's put dad in a care home" mode and the other a controversial and self indulgent man.

It just shocks me that they are the "best" for their parties. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 4

Trump makes loads of similar errors by mixing people up but when you’re looking someone in the eye then how the hell can you call them the name of their absolute nemesis ???!

The democrats can’t just dump Biden either - it has to be on the back of an actual medical diagnosis for both constitutional and campaigning reasons. 

so Biden may have to stick around for a few more weeks yet and counter intuitively, make more gaffs. 

13 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Rehabilitation would be ideal and in a fair world prison itself would only be for people who just cannot operate in society.

The problem is, crime is very complex and isn't just one reason. Marxists say it's an unjust society forcing criminals into crime, more authoritarian folks say they're just bad/ feckless. Human interactionists might blame abusive upbringings.

It's most likely a mix of all of them. It also comes down to what a society deems as "crime". 

I struggle to get my head round the free will debate tbh. Maybe I’m wrong but as far as I can see, we’re all just bags of meat driven by our dna and inputs in our life throughout our life. It seems very unlikely to me we aren’t just slaves to how the neurons in our brain fire and the way they fire is governed by our dna and previous experiences.

And that absolutely all of us would do immoral things if put in certain situations, with certain life backgrounds and a certain amount of social pressure was applied.

I remember a YouTube video with Neil DeGrasse Tyson where they said it will probably take 100s of years for the prison system to governed by “compassionate determinism”. Society absolutely needs to protect the rest of us from people who are a genuine danger for others, but I’ve never really understood the “prison as punishment” argument tbh, it feels like a very outdated way of how humans function.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Biden looks increasingly frail every day that he's on camera.

Yep, even compared to a year ago he’s aged pretty dramatically. I’ve always resisted the idea that he’s got Alzheimer’s and I don’t think he does but he clearly has some kind of progressive cognitive dysfunction. The chances of him being alive in 4 years are slim, let alone as president. 

4 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I just don't understand this. They've had FOUR YEARS to find a replacement. Literally, anyone. 

These are the same people who thought Hilary Clinton was the best candidate to run against Donald Trump, despite it being pretty wide knowledge that she was loathed by half of the country. The fact that they've learned nothing in the last 8 years, to the point that they're risking opening the door to a twice convicted fascist and possibly a civil war, is as astonishing as it is unforgivable.

Minimum of 15 years for Gavin Plumb, think he got off lightly, with no pun intended.  I am mystified how his weight is a mitigating factor, that’s problematic for him, but mitigation? 

Edited by Torquay Gunner

42 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Minimum of 15 years for Gavin Plumb, think he got off lightly, with no pun intended.  I am mystified how his weight is a mitigating factor, that’s problematic for him, but mitigation? 

Lets hope there's room for him in prison given the saturation levels.

13 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

He referred to Harris as Vice President Trump.

He's got to go.

It's an absolute embarrassment not just America but for the whole of the democratic world. Putin must be laughing his head off. Everyone can see he's just not with it anymore. At his age anyone else would be and should be enjoying his retirement with his friends and family and not putting himself and others through so much unnecessary stress. It's just not funny anymore and it's now just cringe.

On 11/07/2024 at 14:29, urban.spaceman said:

****ing hell. Manhunt on in Bristol for a man seen throwing suitcases off the Clifton suspension bridge, which have been discovered to contain human remains.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/czq6g01lggno

What the actual **** is wrong with people?

Police have confirmed the suitcases contained the bodies of TWO adult men and that they were taken from London to Bristol. There's now a 'second crime scene' in Shepherd's Bush...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cyj4y4jwgm7t

Edited by ClaphamFox

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Police have confirmed the suitcases contained the bodies of TWO adult men. WTF has gone on there...?

There's an apparent crime scene in London (Shepherd's Bush), amid reports the perpetrator travelled from there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Police have confirmed the suitcases contained the bodies of TWO adult men and that they were taken from London to Bristol. There's now a 'second crime scene' in Shepherd's Bush...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cyj4y4jwgm7t

This just gets weirder.

I mean this could quite literally be the plot of the next season of The Outlaws.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Biden looks increasingly frail every day that he's on camera.

Thus spake the Doom Master.

I give him three days.

• Haha 2