Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

30 minutes ago, reporterpenguin said:

The whole thing is just really sad to see unfold. Everything about his behaviour at the moment takes me back to when my Grandad was developing Alzheimer's. Not just the symptoms but the insistence that everything is fine and a refusal to accept anything that shows it isn't fine. 

I don’t think it’s him that fully refuses to accept he’s done.  I think it’s his wife pushing him to continue - which won’t be much longer if the reports of donors withholding close to 90million from his campaign, are true.

Edited by marbles
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Sampson said:

Just been reading about Project 2025 on bbc and Wikipedia. Surely hope that is a conspiracy and the checks and balances that hold up democracy would work to stop it. 

https://bbc.com/news/articles/c977njnvq2do

the checks and balances are long since gone in the US, let's be fair. political appointments to the supreme Court and judges that won't recuse themselves in cases of conflicts of interest (AoCs introduced articles of impeachment for two of them), it's set up for a complete power grab 

56 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

the checks and balances are long since gone in the US, let's be fair. political appointments to the supreme Court and judges that won't recuse themselves in cases of conflicts of interest (AoCs introduced articles of impeachment for two of them), it's set up for a complete power grab 

Ahh yes.  AOC and her hypocrisy hard at work.

Wonder if she will also introduce articles of impeachment against the NY judge in the Trump trial.  After all, donating to Biden would also be considered a conflict…….but you know, we won’t worry about that.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, reporterpenguin said:

I listen to it and that was my take away from the latest episode as well. It sounds as though everybody (with the exception of the Biden's) has privately accepted he cannot run. Once more of them make their feelings publicly known his position will quickly become even more untenable than it currently is.

The Clooney article sounds as though it could be a key tipping point, especially as Obama allegedly signed off on it.

A quick look at oddschecker shows the odds have now moved Biden into 3rd place for winning the election, with Harris ahead of him but behind Trump.

The whole thing is just really sad to see unfold. Everything about his behaviour at the moment takes me back to when my Grandad was developing Alzheimer's. Not just the symptoms but the insistence that everything is fine and a refusal to accept anything that shows it isn't fine. 

My parents are both in their 80s and remarkably well for their age but it would be ridiculous to say they could do a job with any level of responsibility. You'd have to be in exceptionally good nick to do that and it's increasingly ridiculous to suggest that Biden is. 

I agree, age related decline is a dreadful thing and in those around Biden should be doing what they can to make sure this doesn't play out too publicly and maintain his dignity.  His pride is understandable though

2 hours ago, marbles said:

I don’t think it’s him that fully refuses to accept he’s done.  I think it’s his wife pushing him to continue - which won’t be much longer if the reports of donors withholding close to 90million from his campaign, are true.

Yeah, when I heard about the donors I thought that forces everyone's hand really, doesn't it?

Press pack apparently unhappy as well:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jul/13/biden-white-house-health-reporters

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

bit of self entitlement by the press pack there… They are  happy to be part of misleading the  people when it somehow suites their cause but when THEY feel mislead they’ll cry foul. 

That part doesn’t sit well with me.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

bit of self entitlement by the press pack there… They are  happy to be part of misleading the  people when it somehow suites their cause but when THEY feel mislead they’ll cry foul. 

That part doesn’t sit well with me.

Is this the same press who a few weeks ago were reporting that all the videos of Bidens goofs, were fake?

Rats abandoning a sinking ship.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, marbles said:

Is this the same press who a few weeks ago were reporting that all the videos of Bidens goofs, were fake?

Rats abandoning a sinking ship.

have to say that I think Trump is playing a blinder here by staying remarkably quiet ( for him)  on this particular issue, whilst the Dems fight amongst themselves.  “ why take the shovel away whilst they  dig their own hole” I believe it was Ron Bonjean, a former senator said Recently..

1 minute ago, MPH said:

have to say that I think Trump is playing a blinder here by staying remarkably quiet ( for him)  on this particular issue, whilst the Dems fight amongst themselves.  “ why take the shovel away whilst they  dig their own hole” I believe it was Ron Bonjean, a former senator said Recently..

I have to believe he’s hoping Biden can withstand the pressure.

Harris is no worry for him either - she has somehow managed to become one of the most disliked people in this country.

Someone else could be all it takes to make this a very tight race.

• Like 1

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Nice to see you back @marbles

Heyy there @FoxesDeb. :)

Got myself a little ban from here (who knew saying a person is innocent until proven guilty was a bad thing - the UK is a strange country)

Then decided this would not be an enjoyable place to be after relegation.

35 minutes ago, marbles said:

I have to believe he’s hoping Biden can withstand the pressure.

Harris is no worry for him either - she has somehow managed to become one of the most disliked people in this country.

Someone else could be all it takes to make this a very tight race.

in a country that still even to this day needs to embrace diversity, I’d like to think there was someone other than an ‘ old white man’ who could lead them. I mean, you want the best person for the job, of course... but yeah, shame about Harris. From what I understand, she’s a thoroughly dislikable person… but then again.. so is trump, imho.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

in a country that still even to this day needs to embrace diversity, I’d like to think there was someone other than an ‘ old white man’ who could lead them. I mean, you want the best person for the job, of course... but yeah, shame about Harris. From what I understand, she’s a thoroughly dislikable person… but then again.. so is trump, imho.

I honestly though Harris was the wrong pick 4 years ago.  
She never seems comfortable on camera and I thought her “tough on crime” past would come back to bite her in the ass from democratic voters - I was wrong.

Currently no one likes Harris.

Trump is not liked by half the population, but I seriously believe that a good number of those that don’t like him couldn’t tell you why not without falling back on simple Dem talking points/crutch words.

To this day, I still think Tulsi Gabbard was the best candidate.

Not sure who the Dems will trot out now.  But the best figure that out quick.

35 minutes ago, marbles said:

I honestly though Harris was the wrong pick 4 years ago.  
She never seems comfortable on camera and I thought her “tough on crime” past would come back to bite her in the ass from democratic voters - I was wrong.

Currently no one likes Harris.

Trump is not liked by half the population, but I seriously believe that a good number of those that don’t like him couldn’t tell you why not without falling back on simple Dem talking points/crutch words.

To this day, I still think Tulsi Gabbard was the best candidate.

Not sure who the Dems will trot out now.  But the best figure that out quick.

Just like the republicans, their party seems to be encamped into two parts  these days and the canyon between the two seems to be getting wider.. it’s going to be hard to unite the party let alone the democratic vote..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Just like the republicans, their party seems to be encamped into two parts  these days and the canyon between the two seems to be getting wider.. it’s going to be hard to unite the party let alone the democratic vote..

Maybe thats the answer - split both parties into 4 separate parties

Edited by marbles

I have an American friend who is very typically un-American. He's lived in Europe, speaks Dutch and a bit of French, now in England. He's got no interest in guns. I'd firmly put him as a Democrat.

He cannot stand Harris and says none of his friends like her. She is absolutely not winning an election. 

Just now, Lionator said:

Not being funny but wouldn’t bullets do more damage than that? Maybe more like fire crackers?

Also thought he was holding the wrong ear. Wouldn't the shots come from the main crowd, the direction of the camera, not the group behind him on the stage?

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Also thought he was holding the wrong ear. Wouldn't the shots come from the main crowd, the direction of the camera, not the group behind him on the stage?

I dunno I’m not willing to go into conspiracy, there’s plenty of reason for average Joe who owns a gun to want him dead haha