Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

4 hours ago, marbles said:

Maybe thats the answer - split both parties into 4 separate parties

I’d be well up for that.

might have someone credible emerge for me to vote for!

Shooter has been identified as Mark Violets. An Antifa member. He uploaded a  YouTube video prior to the shooting saying ‘ justice is coming’.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Stadt said:

That’s a disgusting thing to say

Oh it might have been staged the same way as both the Kennedy's MLK and Malcolm X etc etc. Our government knows how to do assassinations well. Or at least used to until they started hiring proxies to do their dirty work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

That’s a disgusting thing to say

That's a little bit of an extreme reaction. 

I probably should clarify that at the time of posting there were no known fatalities. In light of deaths in the audience I absolutely agree it is highly unlikely to be a political stunt. 

But you'd probably have to be quite naive to think a fake assassination attempt isn't something Donald Trump and his inner circle would absolutely conjure up. This is an organisation with a considerable record of attacking democracy and this will benefit his campaign. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

I wouldn't say killed no. But it would have been nice if it'd been serious enough to stop his political impact on the world.

No shooting does that. 

Him legitimately losing the election because the American people overwhelming vote against a rapist, fascist, traitor with extremely blatant links to Vladimir Putin is what does that. 

Actually locking him up for the very real crimes he's committed does that. 

Shooting at him just strengthens his position and inspires god only knows what in revenge from his hardline support. 

It's a completely senseless and unpleasant thing to do. 

Bloody hell.  Horrendous events.  I hope Donald makes a speedy recovery.   Very sad that an innocent attendee has been killed behind him.  In awe of the secret service who put their lives on the line to protect their man, whether or not they like him or his politics.

11 hours ago, MPH said:

Yeah,  looks like it did for him and unfortunately an innocent bystander. Not sure about names but whoever it was, is just plain stupid.

No need for violence like this. 

Guarantee he will use this to his advantage though.

Edited by Jattdogg

56 minutes ago, MPH said:

Shooter has been identified as Mark Violets. An Antifa member. He uploaded a  YouTube video prior to the shooting saying ‘ justice is coming’.

Let’s not start spouting rumour from right wing twitter hey.

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Let’s not start spouting rumour from right wing twitter hey.

well it’s hardly going to be a trump supporter is it.   In fact I think it’s a safe bet to say it was a planned attack from someone who was actively against trump. But I wouldn’t know  where the source is from-  other than in the ‘ latest’ tab on Twitter. 

Edited by MPH

FROM THE BBC

Here's a quick re-cap on what we know about the shooting earlier today at the Trump rally in Pennsylvania. 

An attacker fired multiple rounds from an "elevated position" toward the stage before he was killed by Secret Service agents

One person in the audience is killed and two others are in critical condition

Trump says he was hit by a bullet in his right ear. He thanked law enforcement in his first remarks after the attack and expressed both shock and condolences for the attendees killed or wounded

He has since left the local hospital and will attend the Republican National Convention next week as planned

Witnesses described chaotic scenes after the gunfire, with multiple people telling the BBC they believe the attacker was perched on a one-storey building near the venue

The shooting is being investigated as an assassination attempt, according to law enforcement sources speaking to BBC's US partner CBS News

President Joe Biden appeared on camera to condemn the attack and later spoke to his November election rival

Crazy that he wasn’t spotted before given the placement of the counter sniper.

In fact, surprised that any roof top wasn’t covered by some form of protection. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sly said:

Crazy that he wasn’t spotted before given the placement of the counter sniper.

In fact, surprised that any roof top wasn’t covered by some form of protection. 

if you look at the interview I just posted, it appears he WAS spotted but there seems to have been. Breakdown in communication between the local police and the secret service…

• Thanks 2