Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

this looks like is was flying past him, not towards him..

Assuming it went behind his head the caught his right ear? 

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

Crazy that he wasn’t spotted before given the placement of the counter sniper.

In fact, surprised that any roof top wasn’t covered by some form of protection. 

and upon.ooking at that again, it does appear they were looking for someone through the scope instead of the naked eye, and immediately changed the position of the gun before fireing..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Assuming it went behind his head the caught his right ear? 

from what I can see, it looks like it was off to Trumps right…  and it went through his ear from front to back of the ear. A very subtle move of the head just before the shot appears to have kept him alive..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sly said:

I’d just finished reading that. 

That bullet was millimetres away from changing history. The butterfly effect from this is going to be huge! 

im glad it missed him. Not because I like trump, but because  I think this country would have been plunged into civil war if he had been killed…

• Like 3

Who was the last president assassinated in America? Lincoln? 

I am somewhat surprised no one has tried before, given the American culture toward guns and the diverse character he is.

I’m guessing they will have, however the security picks them up.

I wonder if all future political rallies will now be held in a more controlled condition like town halls etc.

1 minute ago, Sly said:

I am somewhat surprised no one has tried before, given the American culture toward guns and the diverse character he is.

I wonder if all future political rallies will now be held in a more controlled condition like town halls etc.

JFK?. Although Ragen was shot too wasn’t he…

Just now, MPH said:

im glad it missed him. Not because I like trump, but because  I think this country would have been plunged into civil war if he had been killed…

Yes, I agree. 

The fallout from it would have been crazy. 

Just now, MPH said:

JFK?. Although Ragen was shot too wasn’t he…

Ah, good point. I’d forgotten JFK. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Sly said:

As an avid gun enthusiast and owner, I must say guns don't kill people... it's the crazies who get their hands on them... one can't stop someone who suddenly goes off the pier, but those are few and far between... 

Edited by CPepFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, CPepFox said:

As an avid gun enthusiast and owner, I must say guns don't kill people... it's the crazies who get their hands on them... one can't stop someone who suddenly goes off the pier, but this are few and far between... 

It’s not worth getting into a debate over, however if someone intends to cause harm, they’ll use whatever they can get their hands on.

For me, guns increase the range and are so readily available it’s too easy to do.

We have a massive knife issue in the UK as they’re widely available. The range to attack someone is so close however, that fatality numbers will be lower. 

I feel the United States would be a better country if all guns were returned, however that’s about as easy as asking everyone to hand over their cars. Realistically it isn’t going to happen. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

It’s not worth getting into a debate over, however if someone intends to cause harm, they’ll use whatever they can get their hands on.

For me, guns increase the range and are so readily available it’s too easy to do.

We have a massive knife issue in the UK as they’re widely available. The range to attack someone is so close however, that fatality numbers will be lower. 

I feel the United States would be a better country if all guns were returned, however that’s about as easy as asking everyone to hand over their cars. Realistically it isn’t going to happen. 

Won't argue your point. Tis fair. And you are right, won't happen without a major revolt in U.S.  But that's crossing a bridge that's too deep and non ending for any forum. 

3 minutes ago, CPepFox said:

Won't argue your point. Tis fair. And you are right, won't happen without a major revolt in U.S.  But that's crossing a bridge that's too deep and non ending for any forum. 

I think your idea of few and far between might differ from your average Briton.

• Like 1

Perhaps @Jon the Hat. And maybe rightfully so? I cannot attest to how things are perceived many miles away... similar to me and someone in Los Angeles... I don't get their ideas on some things... fair enough

I always see America like a host of countries, acting under similar law. It isn’t that different from the EU in many ways.

They’d have to do it state by state and impose border control if they wanted to try and do it. Whilst some states would be easier than others, it’s not going to happen I reality. 

I was blown away by how many guns you see in places like Texas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

if you look at the interview I just posted, it appears he WAS spotted but there seems to have been. Breakdown in communication between the local police and the secret service…

Easy to assume he was from the other group I guess.  Poor though.

Didn’t we have another thread for pointing and laughing at people trying to justify American gun ownership and the resulting frequent mass murder?

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

So you believe in political violence? 

not saying I do, but what I will say is there isn't a fascist dictator in history that's been stopped by voting, and with Republican bigwigs going in on this project 2025 stuff, that is the route that an America where trump wins in November is heading 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Shooter been named on sky news as Thomas Matthew Crooks. They said he is a Republican voter. 

He’s registered as a Republican - but that really means nothing.

You know, if you’re planning something like this, registering as one will likely get you some information that you’ll need - like dates and locations of rallies. 

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

He’s registered as a Republican - but that really means nothing.

You know, if you’re planning something like this, registering as one will likely get you some information that you’ll need - like dates and locations of rallies. 

Ok that’s fair. I’ll change my post. I guess more will come out in the coming days