Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's literally wearing the t-shirt of a conservative gun nut's YouTube channel and sitting on an exposed roof in an area crawling with snipers. 

And apparently bystanders spotted him and told the police. 

It isn't an entirely good look for the secret service. 

MAGA will be keen to blame 'the left,' but I suspect that the greater threat of violence will come from people who think he's not far-right enough. And therein lies the problem with pandering to and enabling extremists.

3 minutes ago, Bilo said:

MAGA will be keen to blame 'the left,' but I suspect that the greater threat of violence will come from people who think he's not far-right enough. And therein lies the problem with pandering to and enabling extremists.

Those people just need to read project 2025 and they might change their minds! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Sometimes people are just disturbed independent of their political leanings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Was he not behind in the polling up til yesterday despite every media outlet dog piling Biden and ignoring all of Trumps gaffes, glossing over Cannon and the Supreme Court corrupting the justice system for him and fresh allegations of crimes alongside Epstein? 

You should demand a refund from wherever you get your news from.

• Like 1

Regardless of political persuasion, Trump was one lucky fcker there.  In the ear.  That's about as close to being killed as it gets without being killed.  An inch to the right......

I feel for the innocents killed and injured

1 minute ago, rugbyblue said:

Regardless of political persuasion, Trump was one lucky fcker there.  In the ear.  That's about as close to being killed as it gets without being killed.  An inch to the right......

Am I right to assume a small calibre weapon used. Obviously still deadly but suspect with a bigger calibre Trump would have been more seriously injured. Just to add that political violence must always be condemned. As a 7 year old I can still remember the horror and shock when JFK was killed and followed in 68 by loss of Martin Luther King and RFK

This will just polarise people further. However, I’m not convinced floating voters are going to be compelled to vote for Trump on the basis that some loon tried to kill him. 

What this will do is empower the conspiracy, deep state, pizzagate, Qanon fruitcakes even more. That may well serve to push the floating voters towards Biden or they might be able to convince more undecideds to go Trump. All this ‘it’s delivered the election to Trump’ shows a misunderstanding of which voters are going to decide this election. 

One thing you can guarantee is he’s going to go hard on the imagery this has created. As Obama had ‘Change’ at the heart of his 2008 campaign, Trump is going to have ‘Fight’ at the heart of his. You’re going to have countless supporters projecting that he is God’s messenger/the president who cheated death/the chosen one. Won’t be long until Putin comes out and sends his best wishes. 

Worst timeline continues to deliver. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

He’s been lucky his entire life. I would like to think sooner or later his luck runs out. 

5 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

He’s registered as a Republican - but that really means nothing.

You know, if you’re planning something like this, registering as one will likely get you some information that you’ll need - like dates and locations of rallies. 

it appears he was registered as a republican BUT has donated to a liberal  organization called act Blue recently.

4 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Images are being circulated online of somebody called Thomas Matthew Crooks, but it seems to be the wrong Thomas Matthew Crooks. The guy in the images has posted a video admitting that’s his name and that he hates Trump, but proving that he’s clearly not the shooter. 

I’ve seen the video of said person saying “you’ve got the wrong guy” but I’d already seen the image of the guy they’d shot dead. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

it appears he was registered as a republican BUT has donated to a liberal  organization called act Blue recently.

$15, three years ago.

Frankly the most likely thing from my POV right now is that this is an individual suffering from a mental health crisis, eg voices in his head telling him to kill Trump.

11 hours ago, MPH said:

Shooter has been identified as Mark Violets. An Antifa member. He uploaded a  YouTube video prior to the shooting saying ‘ justice is coming’.

just wanting to point out the error in this.  Name is wrong. Neither was the shooter a member of Antifa as far as we know.

he appears to be registered as a republican yet donated to a liberal cause recently

so he’s either changed his political allegiance recently or possibly has been planning this for a while and registered  as a republican to gain access to the  area at the time of the event. It’s also possible that the hatred in the Republican Party runs deep for Trump..however that explanation wouldn’t explain the gunmans recent donation to ActBlue.

theres  also a very fitting Bible verse for this situation, but  that could take this conversation to a different place so I won’t post it as it can be applied to ‘ gun control’, which would be for another thread..

either way 

1 hour ago, Stopharage said:

This will just polarise people further. However, I’m not convinced floating voters are going to be compelled to vote for Trump on the basis that some loon tried to kill him. 

He’s just secured one of the most iconic political pictures of all time, one that will be on every publication on every newsstand - an image that exudes strength, which is the antipathy to the current image of his opponent.

It’s exactly the sort of image and projection that will appeal to American floating voters.

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

IMG-20240714-WA0001.jpg

ah buggrit.  democrats might as well concede the election now ( the genuine photo will be used for the next 100 years).

Edited by MPH

1 hour ago, Stopharage said:

What this will do is empower the conspiracy, deep state, pizzagate, Qanon fruitcakes even more. That may well serve to push the floating voters towards Biden or they might be able to convince more undecideds to go Trump. All this ‘it’s delivered the election to Trump’ shows a misunderstanding of which voters are going to decide this election. 

One thing you can guarantee is he’s going to go hard on the imagery this has created. As Obama had ‘Change’ at the heart of his 2008 campaign, Trump is going to have ‘Fight’ at the heart of his. You’re going to have countless supporters projecting that he is God’s messenger/the president who cheated death/the chosen one. Won’t be long until Putin comes out and sends his best wishes. 

Worst timeline continues to deliver. 

It won’t cause floating voters to vote for him.

What it most likely will do though is motivate those who think “I support Trump but am too lazy to vote”, to actually go out and cast a vote for him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dunge said:

$15, three years ago.

Frankly the most likely thing from my POV right now is that this is an individual suffering from a mental health crisis, eg voices in his head telling him to kill Trump.

in the deranged  shooter scenerio, there’s usually some rant or manifesto found online somewhere… im sure they are trawling through his every online move even as we speak..