Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

in the deranged  shooter scenerio, there’s usually some rant or manifesto found online somewhere… im sure they are trawling through his every online move even as we speak..

This is actually going to be very interesting to look out for.

Recently a judge ruled that no one was allowed to see the manifesto of the nutjob who shot some kids and teachers at a catholic school.

Saying it could cause copycats.

3 minutes ago, marbles said:

It won’t cause floating voters to vote for him.

What it most likely will do though is motivate those who think “I support Trump but am too lazy to vote”, to actually go out and cast a vote for him.

it all depends on what ‘ dirt’ they can find on this man,  if they find any kind of left leaning manifesto, you can bet that the Trump campaign will use that , and THAT could be what  swings some voters. 

however I have been saying for a while now that Trump wouldn’t win because of an increase in his vote but more so the decrease in Biden’s Vote…  but after last night, I’m  sure you’re correct..there will be a surge in trump voters voting.

it all points to a comfortable Trump win.  There’s too many hardcore Democrats to call it a landslide, though..

Guest Col city fan

America, the land of opportunity, where if the President or incoming President isn’t liked, they are shot.

Let’s hope this IS some lone nutter. If not, the state of American politics is in a very dangerous place.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

America, the land of opportunity, where if the President or incoming President isn’t liked, they are shot.

Let’s hope this IS some lone nutter. If not, the state of American politics is in a very dangerous place.

American politics is beyond being in a dangerous place. It is the absolute pits. They need to start over again. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

in the deranged  shooter scenerio, there’s usually some rant or manifesto found online somewhere… im sure they are trawling through his every online move even as we speak..

I find it unlikely that this person could be credibly called deranged for a few factors.

Key to this is the planning aspect to find what was a unbelievable vantage point for what was attempted.

But more - the fact the shots missed (and indeed on the pull side) suggest to me the shooter knew the magnitude of what they were doing and that it impacted them in the moment.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, marbles said:

What it most likely will do though is motivate those who think “I support Trump but am too lazy to vote”, to actually go out and cast a vote for him.

That's essentially what the pollster Frank Luntz said on Laura Kuenssberg this morning. 

Namely, the main impact will be to boost turnout among Trump supporters - particularly in Pennsylvania, where the shooting happened....

Pennsylvania being 1 of the key states that Biden (or any Democrat replacement) needs to win to have any chance of securing the presidency.

I wonder if there might be another impact, though, namely that it will increase Democrat pressure on Biden to withdraw as candidate?

If this assassination attempt makes a Trump victory seem more likely, that will surely further encourage leading Democrats to push Biden to withdraw?

6 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I wonder if there might be another impact, though, namely that it will increase Democrat pressure on Biden to withdraw as candidate?

If this assassination attempt makes a Trump victory seem more likely, that will surely further encourage leading Democrats to push Biden to withdraw?

It could do the opposite. 

If the Democrats don’t think they can win now regardless, they may just carry on regardless with Biden.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

He’s just secured one of the most iconic political pictures of all time, one that will be on every publication on every newsstand - an image that exudes strength, which is the antipathy to the current image of his opponent.

It’s exactly the sort of image and projection that will appeal to American floating voters.

That's a misunderstanding of the level of partisanship in the US. What it will do is increase the polarisation gap further between the Reps and Dems, which has been increasing hugely over the last 50 years. It strengthens his base undoubtedly, but the Rep rhetoric of blaming Biden, Obama, Clooney, Springsteen, the guy from the Shake n Vac advert, Peter out of Heidi etc. isn't going to play well with floating voters. I don't think Trump has a problem with getting his base out so can't see this benefiting him hugely in the way some do. 

This election is going to be far more poisonous than 2020 and I'd imagine we're going to see some bloodshed on election day and an awful lot of chaos regardless of the result. 

1 hour ago, marbles said:

I think it will also encourage a lot of the Democrats' traditional supporter base who have been too lazy to come out and vote previously to also turn out. There's going to be a lot of people thinking do I want a potentially senile man in charge or a genuinely mad man in charge. Not much of a choice for a lot of people. 

The blood looks too bright to be real. Secret Service wouldn't allow him to stand up so quickly and to raise his fist in the air. 

I understand that these witness statements may not be accurate, however one person stated that they knew right away it was gun shots, but yet those behind Trump reacted 30-45 seconds later. If it really was gunfire, why didn't anyone else react quicker? And why did only a handful of people behind him react but no one else in the crowd did?

Another witness statement was that they had seen someone with a rifle climbing onto a nearby roof, they told the police and yet the police did nothing...?

A conspiracy post from t'internet.

It's going to be mental

21 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

The blood looks too bright to be real. Secret Service wouldn't allow him to stand up so quickly and to raise his fist in the air. 

I understand that these witness statements may not be accurate, however one person stated that they knew right away it was gun shots, but yet those behind Trump reacted 30-45 seconds later. If it really was gunfire, why didn't anyone else react quicker? And why did only a handful of people behind him react but no one else in the crowd did?

Another witness statement was that they had seen someone with a rifle climbing onto a nearby roof, they told the police and yet the police did nothing...?

It's going to be mental

Would you really expect anything else from Americans? There are still plenty who dont believe that planes hit the Twin Towers

It's all a bit mental. I think this has made things worse for the dems no doubt (as in a tough job even harder with biden).

Polls seem to indicate a trump win. Even if he does, it might be 4 years of crap but he can't run again so silver linings I suppose for those who don't like him........ Unless of course one of the Jr's run lol.

7 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

The only thing that surprises me is that his ear hasn’t been obliterated. Even a glancing blow from an AR-15 would have surely caused more damage than that.

Seen a few tweets (yes, I know) stating his ear might have been caught by some fragments of the autocue glass that one of the bullets hit, instead.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

just wanting to point out the error in this.  Name is wrong. Neither was the shooter a member of Antifa as far as we know.

he appears to be registered as a republican yet donated to a liberal cause recently

so he’s either changed his political allegiance recently or possibly has been planning this for a while and registered  as a republican to gain access to the  area at the time of the event. It’s also possible that the hatred in the Republican Party runs deep for Trump..however that explanation wouldn’t explain the gunmans recent donation to ActBlue.

theres  also a very fitting Bible verse for this situation, but  that could take this conversation to a different place so I won’t post it as it can be applied to ‘ gun control’, which would be for another thread..

either way 

Small point but no-one can be a member of Antifa, there is no membership. It's a movement, not a club.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

The only thing that surprises me is that his ear hasn’t been obliterated. Even a glancing blow from an AR-15 would have surely caused more damage than that.

Has the weapon concerned been confirmed 

12 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

It's all a bit mental. I think this has made things worse for the dems no doubt (as in a tough job even harder with biden).

Polls seem to indicate a trump win. Even if he does, it might be 4 years of crap but he can't run again so silver linings I suppose for those who don't like him........ Unless of course one of the Jr's run lol.

That could depend on whether he can muster a 2/3rd’s majority and repeal the 22nd Amendment? 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

It's going to be mental

I find it hard to believe that those surrounding rooftops were not continually monitored. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

An ear is no different to a peice of paper as far as most bullets are concerned. For a body shot or the head shot, it’s the resistance of the flesh/ bone that causes the explosions of the bullet couple with whether it was  a hollow point bullet or not. A hollow point bullet will spread apart  when in contact with flesh/ bone.

Edited by MPH

1 hour ago, FoxyPV said:

It's going to be mental

you have different shades of blood within your body. Well  oxygenated blood will appear bright red. Blood in the head/ brain will always be very well oxygenated due to its closer proximity to the heart and straight path from the heart to the head. 

Edited by MPH

4 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

I find it hard to believe that those surrounding rooftops were not continually monitored. 

Trump’s cheap remember - it would be him / The Republicans that are largely paying for additional security outside of what the state would provide for a former President.

1 hour ago, Stopharage said:

That's a misunderstanding of the level of partisanship in the US. What it will do is increase the polarisation gap further between the Reps and Dems, which has been increasing hugely over the last 50 years. It strengthens his base undoubtedly, but the Rep rhetoric of blaming Biden, Obama, Clooney, Springsteen, the guy from the Shake n Vac advert, Peter out of Heidi etc. isn't going to play well with floating voters. I don't think Trump has a problem with getting his base out so can't see this benefiting him hugely in the way some do. 

This election is going to be far more poisonous than 2020 and I'd imagine we're going to see some bloodshed on election day and an awful lot of chaos regardless of the result. 

absolutely nailed on that there will be rioting if Trump wins.