Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

9 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

I find it hard to believe that those surrounding rooftops were not continually monitored. 

They should have been and there are going to be people losing their jobs over this.  Saw one interview last night from someone there who joked with m his friends about an hour before trump took stage that the openness of the venue and surrounding buildings made it a prime venue for an assasination.

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

absolutely nailed on that there will be rioting if Trump wins.

There will most certainly be rioting if he loses, especially if he continues the rhetoric of elections being stolen. 

4 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Trump’s cheap remember - it would be him / The Republicans that are largely paying for additional security outside of what the state would provide for a former President.

Yes and I guess indoor venues would be more expensive.  He’s obviously not shifting enough of those gold running shoes! 

wrong post quoted..

he’s got all he wants for this election. Massive increases  in amount of observers counting and watching the election results come in.

he’ll have no excuses this time and I don’t agree that there will be  riots if he loses. Every single federal government building is going to have heightened security around this election and they won’t be caught off guard again.

Edited by MPH

7 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Yes and I guess indoor venues would be more expensive.  He’s obviously not shifting enough of those gold running shoes! 

you can get more people at  an outdoor venue.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
23 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

There will most certainly be rioting if he loses, especially if he continues the rhetoric of elections being stolen. 

I was going to write the same thing. Expect large scale rioting if he loses 

5 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Not only that, it seems pretty clear that the ‘neighbouring’ units (AGR International according to Google Maps) are just that - they’re not part of the same land (Butler Farm).

That means any security on that land requires additional organisation with that property owner, plus additional man-power - and given that plot has two viable entrances this would equate to quite a considerable cost (especially if you forcibly close the business).

Butler itself appears to be a relatively small city, 50 miles away from Pittsburgh - so I can’t imagine the local police force they would be using here would be plentiful in number or that well experienced in protecting this type and level of event either.

It’s the sort of situation that in hindsight people can easily criticise and say you should have had “X, Y, Z” in place - but to do that you have the numbers to do it and be willing to pay for it.

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I was going to write the same thing. Expect large scale rioting if he loses 

As if the people who hate Trump don’t riot when things don’t go there way…

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Was there rioting after he won in 2016, as I can’t recall any?

Yes

Peaceful protests around the country, but some did turn into riots - Portland and LA the most notable.

I’ll say one thing on this, that I’ve not seen anyone really mention.

That is the positioning of the Snippers - that suggests they knew they had a security weaknesses in that direction.

From what I’ve seen, they were only ever setup and pointing in that direction.

4 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

He’s just secured one of the most iconic political pictures of all time, one that will be on every publication on every newsstand - an image that exudes strength, which is the antipathy to the current image of his opponent.

It’s exactly the sort of image and projection that will appeal to American floating voters.

Some might say it was a set up :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MPH said:

They should have been and there are going to be people losing their jobs over this.  Saw one interview last night from someone there who joked with m his friends about an hour before trump took stage that the openness of the venue and surrounding buildings made it a prime venue for an assasination.

Weren't police snipers already training their sights on that roof? 

It seems so from the public stills and footage released after the event.

53 minutes ago, Bert said:

Some might say it was a set up :ph34r:

If it is indeed a setup - the extra flourish added to it by getting a bullet to hit the hydraulics of the tractor holding a load of speakers so it can spew a fountain of fluid is a lovely additional touch in the planning.

• Haha 1

It reads like the culprit was a young loner, struggling with life, not fitting in society, from a wealthy family - with possibly over-protective parents.

It seems like a trend, like Adam Lanza etc, over there.

Edited by Wymsey

11 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

And they still want "the right to bear arms". Absolute madness!!

It’s so we can protect ourselves when the British try to invade

:)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MPH said:

it appears he was registered as a republican BUT has donated to a liberal  organization called act Blue recently.

$15 on Bidens inauguration day. honestly that's more likely to be him paying a forfeit from a bet with friends on the election than anything else.

47 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

$15 on Bidens inauguration day. honestly that's more likely to be him paying a forfeit from a bet with friends on the election than anything else.

Yet  he’s been described as a loner with no friends so I don’t know who he would be betting with..