Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

3 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Looks like they have found a body of a male in the hunt for Jay Slater. 

Horrible news for the family, regardless of everything mentioned on social media etc.

That's devastating. :(

The police seem confident that it's him.

Am disappointed that the police over there apparently didn't extend their own search time and stopped it - unless I read the news about their stance on it wrong a week ago.

Edited by Wymsey

13 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I mean, you're talking about just accepting a convicted criminal, possible rapist and general lunatic to become leader of a country with one of the largest arsenals in the world.

Ehh, if you actually followed the trial you’d know the conviction will be overturned.

It wasn’t about them actually jailing Trump, it was about them having the label “felon” hanging around his neck during the election.

Oh, and I do believe we have the largest arsenals in the world.

Edited by marbles
  • Sad 1

Sad news for the family. 

Hope the absolute puddings online making claims of CCTV of him being hauled on a boat reflect on their stupidity. I doubt it though. 

Just now, Zear0 said:

Sad news for the family. 

Hope the absolute puddings online making claims of CCTV of him being hauled on a boat reflect on their stupidity. I doubt it though. 

They never do. Most of them have already happily moved onto claiming the assassination attempt on Trump was staged. It's a way of life for them.

With Jay Slater Michael Mosley, it appears to be a case of Brits in hot climates thinking, "I can walk X distance no problem" like they would at home, but completely underestimating the impact of the conditions. I can easily see how it could be done - it's the kind of thing I might have done myself. Hopefully these cases will help to raise some awareness of the risks of wandering about alone in very hot countries.

• Like 3

Once again the media play apart in the reactions from the person who is using the family brain cell at that time. Some of the. Reporting  just came across as  very odd.  Also, it’s all very good interviewing someone with their back to the camera, but you need to explain why otherwise you’re just adding fuel to the fire. It’s sad if this is Jay that’s been found. I hope the family can get some closure now.

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

More likely pushed or thrown than fell and Spanish police are covering it up so that they don't upset the wrong people.

Or could've been hungover, lost his bearings and slipped?

10 minutes ago, Lionator said:

More likely pushed or thrown than fell and Spanish police are covering it up so that they don't upset the wrong people.

Given that he was seen wandering on a road in an isolated area alone in very hot temperatures, and that he made a phone call in which he told somebody that he was lost, exhausted and didn't have any water, how do you come to the conclusion that it is 'more likely' that he was pushed or thrown rather than falling?

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Given that he was seen wandering on a road in an isolated area alone in very hot temperatures, and that he made a phone call in which he told somebody that he was lost, exhausted and didn't have any water, how do you come to the conclusion that it is 'more likely' that he was pushed or thrown rather than falling?

I've read the forums!! Sharon451's explanation made the most sense to me!! I was kind of being sarcastic but he was a dodgy dude and it's well known that the drug mule's run the island and bring good income for it too.

25 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

They never do. Most of them have already happily moved onto claiming the assassination attempt on Trump was staged. It's a way of life for them.

With Jay Slater Michael Mosley, it appears to be a case of Brits in hot climates thinking, "I can walk X distance no problem" like they would at home, but completely underestimating the impact of the conditions. I can easily see how it could be done - it's the kind of thing I might have done myself. Hopefully these cases will help to raise some awareness of the risks of wandering about alone in very hot countries.

We've all done that, but not an 11 hour walk home surely. 

52 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Looks like they have found a body of a male in the hunt for Jay Slater. 

Horrible news for the family, regardless of everything mentioned on social media etc.

With all the conspiracy theories it looks like it was his own sheer stupidity that killed him!. Deciding to walk in tough unknown terrain with no food/water and phone battery running out. What made him take that decision! Did he steal a watch. Was he running from something! Why didn't he wait for transportation!. A young lad on holiday making stupid decisions. Why did he leave his friends! Why did he go of with two men he didn't know and then leave on foot on a journey that would take numerous hours!. Still lots of questions.

10 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I've read the forums!! Sharon451's explanation made the most sense to me!! I was kind of being sarcastic but he was a dodgy dude and it's well known that the drug mule's run the island and bring good income for it too.

Oh I see - that makes more sense. He may have been a dodgy dude and it's possible - as has been reported - that he left the apartment on the other side of the island feeling scared for his safety, but that does not mean he was murdered. The fact that he was seen alone and confirmed in a phone call that he was alone suggests a lack of third party involvement. I suspect he was hungover, exhausted and dehydrated, and either lost his footing or just wasn't paying much attention to where he was walking.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

We've all done that, but not an 11 hour walk home surely. 

Sober no, drunk or high.... I've been running about all over the place at 4am like a loon. 

23 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Why did he leave his friends! Why did he go of with two men he didn't know and then leave on foot on a journey that would take numerous hours!. Still lots of questions.

Has nobody ever been drunk or worse on a night out before? The lad was unsteady on his feet in the nightclub videos... he was hammered. I've ended up round random peoples houses before (many years ago), as you just want to carry on the party. If he's still out of it, then he probably thought he could do it, or he could walk to another town, then decided to take a "shortcut". 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

With all the conspiracy theories it looks like it was his own sheer stupidity that killed him!. Deciding to walk in tough unknown terrain with no food/water and phone battery running out. What made him take that decision! Did he steal a watch. Was he running from something! Why didn't he wait for transportation!. A young lad on holiday making stupid decisions. Why did he leave his friends! Why did he go of with two men he didn't know and then leave on foot on a journey that would take numerous hours!. Still lots of questions.

Drugs. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Sober no, drunk or high.... I've been running about all over the place at 4am like a loon. 

Now 4 pm and he's still going!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Has there been any update on the cactus’s status?

• Haha 3

Just now, fox_up_north said:

Really not convinced the chat sh1t forum of a parochial English football team is the place for an American to find likeminded individuals but fair play

Lol

not looking for like minded individuals.  
Nothing wrong with healthy debate - when it doesn’t include taking potshots at someone because of where they were born.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

How have they only just found Jay? They have been looking for ages, seems weird.

It's a very tricky terrain area to look around.