Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

4 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

With all the conspiracy theories it looks like it was his own sheer stupidity that killed him!. Deciding to walk in tough unknown terrain with no food/water and phone battery running out. What made him take that decision! Did he steal a watch. Was he running from something! Why didn't he wait for transportation!. A young lad on holiday making stupid decisions. Why did he leave his friends! Why did he go of with two men he didn't know and then leave on foot on a journey that would take numerous hours!. Still lots of questions.

Until an autospy is done we don't know if he has fell or been dumped there, no idea why a young lad would start climbing through the mountains when there is a road with cars and busses going to where he needs to go

Edited by whoareyaaa

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Has nobody ever been drunk or worse on a night out before? The lad was unsteady on his feet in the nightclub videos... he was hammered. I've ended up round random peoples houses before (many years ago), as you just want to carry on the party. If he's still out of it, then he probably thought he could do it, or he could walk to another town, then decided to take a "shortcut". 

100 percent this. I recall persuading a bunch of lads abroad to drive me to my gaff for 10 euros as I hadn't enough for a taxi and once in the car, thinking, fck, this might not be my wisest idea. 

Plus, every year there's a lad or two that dies in Magaluf or somewhere doing some absurd balcony jump or whatever.

Young lads make absurd decisions. Period. I think the Michael Mosley decision making was.far.more bizarre than Jay Slater's

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Vance as VP basically writes Ukraine’s obituary compared to a ‘moderate’ like Haley or Rubio. Scary times. War is coming to Europe. 

So this is the guy who compared Trump to Hitler, would ban abortion (even for rape victims), would ban IVF, would ban no fault divorce and thinks women should instead stay with their violent husbands, hates Ukraine but loves Russia and is basically a bit of a ****.

Sounds like the perfect running mate for orange man. Jeez America and the rest of the world is totally ****ed.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I don’t think they’ll bother doing that - I expect them to just accept the ‘L’.

Accepting the L in this case means handing power over to someone who has already proven is absolutely unsuited to it, as well as a compliant supreme court that has not only just gifted him impunity for when he breaks the law, has already removed women's reproductive rights and has shown thirst for removing other citizens rights too. That's before you even get to NATO and the global implications of giving him power again has.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Vance as VP basically writes Ukraine’s obituary compared to a ‘moderate’ like Haley or Rubio. Scary times. War is coming to Europe. 

I could have voted for Rubio. I like his support for Ukraine and his more pragmatic approach to immigration.

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

How have they only just found Jay? They have been looking for ages, seems weird.

close to the area of his last known phone singnal too..

52 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Accepting the L in this case means handing power over to someone who has already proven is absolutely unsuited to it, as well as a compliant supreme court that has not only just gifted him impunity for when he breaks the law, has already removed women's reproductive rights and has shown thirst for removing other citizens rights too. That's before you even get to NATO and the global implications of giving him power again has.

Ok, but if a fair proportion US population kinda like that sort of stuff and will vote for it in sufficient numbers - what can you do? 

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Isn’t war already happening on the European continent? 

And yes, the US removing financial support for Ukraine would put their defensive effort in a very tricky position… but maybe that would lead to a negotiated peace with Russia gaining some of the disputed territories? 

Something that would allow all parties to claim some sort of victory? 

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

No one serious will waste their shot at being the democrat candidate on this election. Trump is a shoo-in regardless.

The incident on Sunday probably only enhanced his situation.

11 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Ok, but if a fair proportion US population kinda like that sort of stuff and will vote for it in sufficient numbers

Should millions of people lose their human rights just because others believe they're not entitled to them?

11 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

- what can you do? 

This is the Jeremy Corbyn/Hilary Clinton Problem. Stop putting up piss-poor candidates that you know for a fact most of the electorate either don't take seriously or utterly detest. Don't waste 4 years doing nothing when it's clear your current President is suffering cognitive decline. Have an actual plan in place that shows you are taking the electorate seriously and stop ****ing risking handing over power to people who have proven themselves to be a corrupt danger to national security.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Should millions of people lose their human rights just because others believe they're not entitled to them?

This is the Jeremy Corbyn/Hilary Clinton Problem. Stop putting up piss-poor candidates that you know for a fact most of the electorate either don't take seriously or utterly detest. Don't waste 4 years doing nothing when it's clear your current President is suffering cognitive decline. Have an actual plan in place that shows you are taking the electorate seriously and stop ****ing risking handing over power to people who have proven themselves to be a corrupt danger to national security.

The problem is - it’s a common theme around the west that leaders have record low approval ratings. 

People automatically see candidates as bad now. You can romance how popular people like Tony Blair or Barack Obama were when they came to power but today they’d just be slaughtered and made to be unpopular by everyone else, because someone would find some quirk of their personality to focus on. 

It’s how divisive our politics have become - every candidate, be them Left, Right or Centre or anything in between is seen negatively and with negative approval rates.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sampson said:

The problem is - it’s a common theme around the west that leaders have record low approval ratings. 

People automatically see candidates as bad now. You can romance how popular people like Tony Blair or Barack Obama were when they came to power but today they’d just be slaughtered and made to be unpopular by everyone else, because someone would find some quirk of their personality to focus on. 

It’s how divisive our politics have become - every candidate, be them Left, Right or Centre or anything in between is seen negatively and with negative approval rates.

I wouldn’t subscribe to your suggestion they wouldn’t be popular again now as fresh candidates in the current era (i.e. unburdened from political decisions they have made whilst in office) - both were and are skilled politicians that knew how to play the political landscape and resonate across key demographics of voters.

Mean if we think about it - Blair came in at a time when Tory sleaze was at it’s height, but was seen by many at the time as a fresh alternative (hence the wave of optimism that was felt on his victory in 1997).

Obama came in not long after the Clinton ‘affair’ - followed President Bush - and represented a historic first for America, and again enjoyed a similar wave of optimism upon gaining office.

The other key thing is - what we see on social media and from political commentators is pre-judged positions that will never change… but these are ultimately outliers of public opinion.

The quiet majority tend to be like most ordinary people - willing to give people a fair chance to show their good side.

so I see the assassination attempt  as a bad thing  for two reasons. First and foremost, no politician should ever be shot at. It’s more than just trump, ironically, it’s an attack on democracy. 

secondly, because I can’t stand Trump the politician, the failed attempt is only going to solidify his place at  the top of the Republican Party.  No moderate will ever dare to speak out against him. From now on, what he says goes. It was sort of that way before but if anyone saw his entrance to the Republican Party convention, he is now untouchable.

intrestingly, I see last night that the president of Teamsters.. the largest workers Union  in the United States was invited to speak, by trump.  at the  republican convention last night. The first teamsters president to do so in its 120 year history. An absolute master stroke in an attempt to reach centrists and swing voters.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, MPH said:

so I see the assassination attempt  as a bad thing  for two reasons. First and foremost, no politician should ever be shot at. It’s more than just trump, ironically, it’s an attack on democracy. 

secondly, because I can’t stand Trump the politician, the failed attempt is only going to solidify his place at  the top of the Republican Party.  No moderate will ever dare to speak out against him. From now on, what he says goes. It was sort of that way before but if anyone saw his entrance to the Republican Party convention, he is now untouchable.

intrestingly, I see last night that the president of Teamsters.. the largest workers Union  in the United States was invited to speak, by trump.  at the  republican convention last night. The first teamsters president to do so in its 120 year history. An absolute master stroke in an attempt to reach centrists and swing voters.

Hitler? Pol Pot? Idi Amin? Putin?

Edit: I'm not advocating that Putin should be shot, but I understand why people might think so.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Unabomber said:

How have they only just found Jay? They have been looking for ages, seems weird.

Have you seen the video of the area he was found?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Hitler? Pol Pot? Idi Amin? Putin?

Edit: I'm not advocating that Putin should be shot, but I understand why people might think so.

I get what you’re saying.. but for all Trumps failings, I wouldn’t put him in the same league as those.  Akso, I know he’s a former president, but he wasn’t a world leader at the time of the shooting, he was ‘ just’ a politician. On the campaign trail.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MPH said:

He’s clearly had advice to appear to be presidential rather than populist when he’s likely to be seen by swing voters

What’s amazing is that for now, he seems to be taking the advice 

57 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He’s clearly had advice to appear to be presidential rather than populist when he’s likely to be seen by swing voters

What’s amazing is that for now, he seems to be taking the advice 

yes.   A  noticeable difference. I’m convinced it’s all a bit of an act though and he’s not truly ‘ changing’

• Like 1