Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

2 hours ago, MPH said:

yes.   A  noticeable difference. I’m convinced it’s all a bit of an act though and he’s not truly ‘ changing’

He’s a 78yr old manchild replete with a barrow load of personality defects - the only thing that ever changes about him will be his adult nappies.

• Like 2

Find it quite interesting how the west cries wolf when their leaders, and generally the liberal and capitalist order are threatened. As if they haven't assesinated millions upon millions of innocent men women and children (even in their own country!) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Find it quite interesting how the west cries wolf when their leaders, and generally the liberal and capitalist order are threatened. As if they haven't assesinated millions upon millions of innocent men women and children (even in their own country!) 

I’m 99% sure Trump will invade Iran if he wins the election and the stuff about them planning to assassinate him is the psyop which is paving the way. Similar things were said about Saddam and Gadaffi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

I’m 99% sure Trump will invade Iran if he wins the election and the stuff about them planning to assassinate him is the psyop which is paving the way. Similar things were said about Saddam and Gadaffi

I guess that would be one way for Trump to prove notions of ties to Russia are bogus.

The Republican Manifesto seems be not landing well with some undecided US voters, especially around the free market and national debt. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/15/business/economy/trump-economy-rnc-policy-free-market.html

It also seems he has not got the bounce in the polls expected after his assassination attempt on Saturday.

Still seems to be Biden needs replacing and whoever comes in needs to take Trump head on. BIden is the millstone of the Democrats at the moment and needs to put the pride aside and accept his is 1 term president and let someone like Harris take a shot. 

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Because Amazon used underhand tactics and workers were effectively threatened with punitive action if they voted for union recognition. "Workers had been told they would get no pay rise this year and would lose benefits if they voted for union recognition." 

Amazon have a long history in the US of union busting, even being pulled up by the NLRB for breaking labour laws. 

Their anti-union videos have leaked to the internet. Actual quote: "look out for 'union words' such as a 'living wage'"

Amazon are dystopian. 

Then I'm sure that the forward thinking union will be able to push their message and gather the votes they need.

I had to smile at this

The US Secret Service did not put agents on the rooftop where an assassin shot at Donald Trump for health and safety reasons, the head of the agency has said.

Kimberly Cheatle, the Secret Service director, said the “sloped roof” where Thomas Matthew Crooks was positioned on Saturday could have posed a risk to agents.

'I know I swore to lay down my life and take a bullet to protect presidents and ex presidents from an assassins bullet but come on, I could slip and hurt myself going on that roof.'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Because Amazon used underhand tactics and workers were effectively threatened with punitive action if they voted for union recognition. "Workers had been told they would get no pay rise this year and would lose benefits if they voted for union recognition." 

Amazon have a long history in the US of union busting, even being pulled up by the NLRB for breaking labour laws. 

Their anti-union videos have leaked to the internet. Actual quote: "look out for 'union words' such as a 'living wage'"

Amazon are dystopian. 

The union on the other hand definitely didn’t in any way put pressure on the foreign workers to join the union.  Why you expect the employer not to try to avoid unionisation is beyond me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

When Boris is the voice of reason on something you know the world is fvcked

And then when you look at that picture and asked someone who had been in a coma for 50 years to point out a former national leader, they'd almost certainly pick Trump.

20 hours ago, MPH said:

yes.   A  noticeable difference. I’m convinced it’s all a bit of an act though and he’s not truly ‘ changing’

I think it's more he's realised he doesn't need to be so brash and outrageous he just needs to let Biden keep losing it all himself. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I had to smile at this

The US Secret Service did not put agents on the rooftop where an assassin shot at Donald Trump for health and safety reasons, the head of the agency has said.

Kimberly Cheatle, the Secret Service director, said the “sloped roof” where Thomas Matthew Crooks was positioned on Saturday could have posed a risk to agents.

'I know I swore to lay down my life and take a bullet to protect presidents and ex presidents from an assassins bullet but come on, I could slip and hurt myself going on that roof.'

I heard that on the news and her statement makes the US Secret Service look quite "wet" and does their image no good at all.

And we thought H&S in this country was overdone.

Their were no such concerns for the SAS when they abseiled from the roof and stormed the Iranian embassy to free hostages.

SAS hero Mel Parry dead – Commando who stormed Iran embassy to rescue  hostages during six-day siege dies | The Sun

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2

Guest Col city fan
19 hours ago, Daggers said:

He’s a 78yr old manchild replete with a barrow load of personality defects - the only thing that ever changes about him will be his adult nappies.

I think your ‘man child’ is very likely to be re-elected.

👍

8 hours ago, Wymsey said:

It's quite disgusting from Amazon..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c8vd72zrpr1o

A fair few years ago I was a supervisor on a shop floor where there was no union and we had been taken over by a massive American company. Everyone voted to join a union then miraculously 6 weeks later we were all told the manufacturing was being contracted out and we were all made redundant. 
This has been slowly happening all over the country and one of the reasons I went and started my own company but still look back in anger. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, marbles said:

Horrible horrible place to work.

Have you worked there personally?

Heard a story where a young lady at the Hinckley warehouse got in trouble because she was in the toilet 'for too long', despite her saying to her boss that she was on her period..

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

Best to read the full story before commenting 

I read it twice.

Amazon don't want the union which is understandable. The union want more members, again understandable.

Union didn't get them by a narrow margin and probably will in the future. 

2 minutes ago, kenny said:

I read it twice.

Amazon don't want the union which is understandable. The union want more members, again understandable.

Union didn't get them by a narrow margin and probably will in the future. 

Did your read this bit 

The QR code which the union alleges sent users to a link to cancel their membership.

2 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

Did your read this bit 

The QR code which the union alleges sent users to a link to cancel their membership.

Where they get the choice to use or not?

I'm sure the GMB on the picket line were wholly fair and reasonable with no scare tactics?

It's a fairly sh*t smoking gun.