Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

44 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Thought they had quite a bit from GoFundMe fundraising for the poor lad's repatriation etc costs already?..

How much do baseball bats cost anyway?

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

No. The people in charge of naming Edinburgh’s tram are insane

IMG_7336.jpeg

That's fine.

If it said tram-paedo then obviously. However pedo means relating to feet, so basically it's saying, "be careful of your feet on the tramlines." 

Sound advice.

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Thought they had quite a bit from GoFundMe fundraising for the poor lad's repatriation etc costs already?..

How on Earth has she managed to still look dodgy even after the body was found?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dunge said:

How on Earth has she managed to still look dodgy even after the body was found?

In Stranger Things, the boy's body was actually a fake and stuffed with cotton wool - they ought to check that out.

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Will the money raised for his " send off" somehow end up buying her a new house or holiday!. Absolutely ridiculous. Using her dead son to get free money!. Now everyone who goes missing there will immediately be a gofundme page set up instantly.

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Reportedly raised £60,000.

"The cost for a body repatriation can be anywhere between £2,500 and £20,000, however the average cost usually tends to be somewhere around £3,000 to £6,000. The cost for an ashes repatriation is usually lower and can be around £1,000 to £3,000 depending on the level of the service" - Homeland International Body Repatriation

• Thanks 1

What did they actually do? What exactly were they found guilty of? 

Frightening sentence in a democracy if it’s for organising protests tbh. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

They blocked the M25.

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

From the BBC article covering it:

The sentences are the longest since the introduction by the last government of the new law of conspiracy to cause a public nuisance, in a bid to clamp down on disruptive protests.

The court heard the intention was to block most of the M25, preventing traffic from other roads from joining the motorway.

The action resulted in chaos on the M25 over four successive days, resulting in nearly 51,000 hours of driver delays, the court heard. The protests closed parts of the motorway in Kent, Surrey, Essex and Hertfordshire.

People missed flights, medical appointments and exams. Two lorries collided, and a police motorcyclist came off his bike during one of the protests on 9 November 2022 while trying to bring traffic to a halt in a “rolling road block”.

Prosecutors alleged the protests led to an economic cost of at least £765,000, while the cost to the Metropolitan Police was put at more than £1.1m.

Dare I say it's the laws that the last government passed which perhaps meant the harsher sentences applied. 

11 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Not much sympathy from me. It was rather more than a protest

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Not much sympathy from me. It was rather more than a protest

There is no point in prison sentences though.

They should be fined £1.865m and use the funds to insulate public buildings.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Would be nice to hear from someone who was inconvenienced by the blocking of the M5.

How about we hear frim those around the world who are "inconvenienced", sorry suffering as a result of global warming instead.

• Like 3

If true, Obama not endorsing Biden is the nail in the coffin.  I do believe Biden was going to withdraw this week but couldn't after the Trump shooting. 

It seems not coincidental he does an interview saying he would only pull out if he got seriously ill, then be struck down with COVID hours later. 

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-shooting-assassination-attempt-biden-latest-live-sky-news-blog-13177655?postid=7990307#liveblog-body

My landlord lives in the US and if Trump wins I am almost certain he will either come back and want his house back or try and sell this place, if his friend who does the repairs to the house is to be believed.  I have never been such an avid follower of US politicos. 

5 hours ago, MPH said:

So the secret service used health and safety concerns as to why no one was placed on the roof the shooter was placed on. They said the slope was too steep.

as you can see in this photo, it looks terrible…

IMG_6145.jpeg

This photo coupled with the statement from the head of Security suggests that someone is now squirming in their seat looking for viable and believable reasons why there weren't secret service snipers covering Trump from that angle which had a clear view of the platform. In their absence the shooter had a clear line of sight.

Clearly an error of planning and someone will be responsible.

Edited by Parafox

16 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

I’m no fan of JSO but those sentences are a disgrace, haven’t we been told all week how over crowded our prisons are?

5 years for being an annoyance? 

I tend to agree with the judge's comments. Also rather more than an annoyance imo

5 minutes ago, Parafox said:

This photo coupled with the statement from the head of Security suggests that someone is now squirming in their seat looking for viable and believable reasons why there weren't secret service snipers on the roof.

Clearly an error of planning and someone will be responsible.

The Americans love a good conspiracy theory. One thought  is that this area was purposefully left open to side the assassination attempt.   Like a pre-planned “ inside job”. There has been such a massive level of incompetence that even I have to admit, I’m gonna need to see this theory ruled out myself.

Guest Col city fan

When Trump does get re-elected next time (looking likely) what type of relationship do you think he’ll have with Starmer?

Politically and philosophically miles apart, I do wonder whether the Anglo-American thing will suffer?

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, MPH said:

The Americans love a good conspiracy theory. One thought  is that this area was purposefully left open to side the assassination attempt.   Like a pre-planned “ inside job”. There has been such a massive level of incompetence that even I have to admit, I’m gonna need to see this theory ruled out myself.

Yes so am I. And I wouldn’t put it past the Yanks either. Some of the states are the most bonkers places on God’s earth.

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Well, coincidentally, I was just now prepping some veg and thinking to myself (independently of any knowledge of any similar thoughts), "what if someone in the inside was opposed to Trump and was aware of the shooters plan". Then I thought "that's preposterous, they must have a whole team of planners working together in preparation for a Presidential rally and not all of them could be involved in such a conspiracy".

Like JFK, surely it's a lone gunman?

Or is it?