Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Gin and Opiates. You'll be off your tits :D

I am. I am completely off my tits.see my tits over there? Well I’m over here not on them.

22 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Are you more angry at that than the actual criminal disorder thats currently happening?

Sorry, am I meant to be angry about something? Memo me. I probably won’t read it, but at least you will have had an input to my next post that causes you to attribute subtext to and get vexed about.

PS. I’m off my fvcking tits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I very much doubt any of the rioters really knew what they were rioting about.

But if you have media creating divisions - groups will try to protect their own, regardless of whether that makes any sense at all.

The situation in NI is another example.

True, media have a lot to answer for in this country. 

Mob mentality

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I very much doubt any of the rioters really knew what they were rioting about.

But if you have media creating divisions - groups will try to protect their own, regardless of whether that makes any sense at all.

The situation in NI is another example.

Mob mentality -- also called herd or hive mentality -- is the inclination that some humans have to be part of a large group, often neglecting their individual feelings in the process, and adopting the behaviors and actions of the people around them.

• Like 1

It’s certainly an ‘interesting’ set of sentances @EnderbyFox

I’ve only read a couple of summary newspaper reports, but I believe the 5 were regularly pissing the judge off and received several contempt of court charges during the trial - not likely to help you when it comes to sentancing.

It was also suggested that the policing cost was in the region of £1 million. 

I expect both the charges and sentences to be appealed - and possible shortened - but I think the end result will still be a custodial sentence.

What is also clear is to characterise the actions as merely a ‘protest’ is disingenuous - the actions crossed a line.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Yes it is mainly the south Asian part of Leeds, and south Asians rioting. Exceptionally frustrating at it leads to aspersions and expressions such as this. 

Nothing between those big ears of his

Many saying it was child taken by social services in the Romanian community which triggered it. Not that either rumour/assumption is correct at this stage. 

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Many saying it was child taken by social services in the Romanian community which triggered it. Not that either rumour/assumption is correct at this stage. 

I think it’s pretty much confirmed - there’s a video of the apparent father on Twitter going around.

There’s also suggestions a local councillor or two were on the scene too.

4 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

There’s also suggestions a local councillor or two were on the scene too.

Well they do say they want the ethnic minorities to integrate :ph34r:

Interesting that the houthis managed to get a drone through Israel’s air defences to kill someone in tel aviv

this could well affect the public mood re  taking on hezbollah - the IDF are apparently speaking about human error.  Of course they are.  Otherwise the country is screwed because the Iranians have hundreds of thousands of these attack drones and they are easily and cheaply replaced.

food for thought for Europe too if we do come to blows with Russia

and I also noticed some terrorist suspects arrested in Spain yesterday who had drone weaponry with them - connections to hezbollah if I remember correctly.  

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Mass IT outage affecting globally - seems to be Microsoft related 

A cybersecurity organisation did an update and it seems to have crashed everything that uses their software.

11 hours ago, Daggers said:

Made the mistake of checking Twitter - racist Twitter is on one. CBA with the blocking tonight. I’m having a gin.

You think that's bad, last night Reddit wasn't loading comments so I went to look at WACCOE to see if they knew what had cracked off. 

Holy shit the racism. Like not even subtle, no dog whistling, no nothing, just all of them saying it out loud like it's cool. 

Also, I don't know if the family is Romanian or Romani or if they're Romani from Romania but one thing is for sure is that most British don't understand the difference lol

39 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Also, I don't know if the family is Romanian or Romani or if they're Romani from Romania but one thing is for sure is that most British don't understand the difference lol

Yep, all of that. Absolute fvckwits. lol

10 hours ago, Daggers said:

We true Brits …. 

What are these and would I recognise one if they walked past me in the street ? 

I’ve seen True Grit and can remember Britt Eckland but this species of True Brits I’m a little confused about :)