Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

11 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Thanks @MPH

How do you think Harris will stand with women voters? 

I feel they’re voters more susceptible to changing their votes - and can be quite catty towards female politicians, almost to the point they show a preference for a man to be in charge. (huge sweeping generalisation I know, but necessary in this context).

And equally - would black men vote for a black woman? Doe s she have the type of pull Obama did (probably an unfair comparison, Obama was an excellent politician). 

Obviously she’ll be popular on the left… but the Dem’s should have that vote covered anyway.

I can’t help thinking many within the Dem’s might have preferred having someone else right now… but that they don’t really have someone else to choose.

Some interesting points made. Would choice of running mate be a factor? 

8 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Some interesting points made. Would choice of running mate be a factor? 

If her running mate isn't the most generic, white man career politician from a swing state I'll eat my own shoes. 

• Like 3

Just now, Finnegan said:

If her running mate isn't the most generic, white man career politician from a swing state I'll eat my own shoes. 

Yeah she needs someone who brings a swing state for sure.

15 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

That's why it will be Shapiro I'd imagine.

He has baggage in that he’s a practicing Jew which will upset many on the left. (Kamala is married to a Jewish chap who isn’t practicing which could be difficult in the current landscape but she’s positioned herself a little further away from Biden on Palestinian issues which helps her)

can you believe that this is being written in 2024!  That someone’s religious identity should prevent them from being considered as VP. 

• Like 1

Reading about Andy Beshear who is surely absolutely nailed-on for a future run at the presidency. Only 46 and won the Kentucky governorship twice as a Democrat, albeit a nepo baby being the son of a former Governor.

Anyone able to enlighten as to why the Dems are so successful at holding the Kentucky governorship when the state House and Senate and Presidential voting is consistently Republican?

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He has baggage in that he’s a practicing Jew which will upset many on the left. (Kamala is married to a Jewish chap who isn’t practicing which could be difficult in the current landscape but she’s positioned herself a little further away from Biden on Palestinian issues which helps her)

can you believe that this is being written in 2024!  That someone’s religious identity should prevent them from being considered as VP. 

I can believe it unfortunately, which is a terrible indictment of the political mindset in the US, particularly when you look across to what seems acceptable as regards the candidates for President and VP on the other side...basically anything.  

A brilliant country in many ways but totally unfathomable in others. 

3 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I think she will gain the support she needs - whether that’s through a coronation or a largely contrived ‘contest’ - and that the Dem’s will rally round afterwards because ultimately it’s a party machine who’s focus is on winning elections.

On the ‘rude and obnoxious’ thing - I’ve hear Twitter murmurs of that - but is that something the Republican’s can use to any effect given who their candidate is?

On the ‘betrayal’ aspect - I see this as something that will be quickly forgotten.

The marked decline in Biden was clear to see and I think a lot of people could relate the situation to an elderly relative and accept - he couldn’t continue. 

im really at the stage of ‘anyone but trump’

besides, surely the Republicans don’t have  the nerve to call out the Dems for having a ‘ rude and obnoxious’ leader when they have Trump as their leader…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Reading about Andy Beshear who is surely absolutely nailed-on for a future run at the presidency. Only 46 and won the Kentucky governorship twice as a Democrat, albeit a nepo baby being the son of a former Governor.

Anyone able to enlighten as to why the Dems are so successful at holding the Kentucky governorship when the state House and Senate and Presidential voting is consistently Republican?

Up until ~10-15 years ago, Kentucky and West Virginia were Dem-dominated states. I won’t dive into why things shifted…not enough time for that. 

Beshear is the son of a popular former governor and also the state attorney general when he ran for governor against a deeply unpopular incumbent gov. He since won reelection and is one of the most popular governors in the nation. With R supermajorities in the Kentucky state legislature, he has to work with the opposition party, so he focuses on popular issues where he can sway Rs- teacher pay, healthcare, etc.

Roy Cooper in NC is in the exact same boat, but North Carolina is more in play for the presidency, so I would lean towards him or Mark Kelly getting on a 2024 ticket. Al Gore couldn’t carry his home state in 2000, and while Beshear is far more popular than Gore, Kentucky is not competitive on a national level.

It’s less common than it used to be, but currently Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina and up until last year Louisiana all had Dem governors with R legislatures. Virginia and Vermont, have the inverse, and Vermont’s Republican governor (yes, the same state as Bernie Sanders) is the most popular governor in the nation. It’s a simple playbook- focus on helping your constituents and kitchen table issues, don’t be an inauthentic TV talking head.

Edited by NJFox

Guest Col city fan

A sad indictment of what Liberal UK has become?

IMG_5321.jpeg

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I hope you are in no way claiming that is real ffs lol

😂how long do you give it before they ARE selling these?

Not long, betcha.

They’ll be on sale at Fantasy Island in Skeg before the years out 

👍

14 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

If you are going to be technical then I believe 1453 was when the constitution of the Roman empire ceased, but are you an empire if you only rule a bit of Greece?  Interesting question for unlike the British empire there was no triggering war to make it happen in a decade or two, but many over nearly a millennia.  God I wish I studied more history.

I would say 1453. Some people say 1204 when Byzantium fell for a few decades. Some very silly people say 1922.

I like the argument that the final part of the Western Roman Empire to fall to the barbarians was Wales in the 13th century. 

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I can’t see it being Harris, she’s proper odd and her record is pretty awful. If they’ve ousted Joe just to put her in seems somewhat redundant 

Even black activists have said that it'll need to be a white man to entice undecideds.

Hopefully the focus will now turn to how old and inept trump is, but that doesn't matter to his base