Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

7 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Jesus. She was literally no threat to them. 

Impressive that US police conduct continues to be shocking and disturbing even when you think you've seen it all

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dunge said:

It’s a real shame she’s not going to the Olympics. She was a top bet for gold in the horse punching.

Apparently beating off a horse isn't allowed either 

4 hours ago, Dunge said:

It’s a real shame she’s not going to the Olympics. She was a top bet for gold in the horse punching.

Apparently beating off a horse isn't allowed either 

Are government whips a good thing or are they just a method of bullying MP's to toe the line against their better judgement which, to me, seems just against the democratic principles of parliament 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Are government whips a good thing or are they just a method of bullying MP's to toe the line against their better judgement which, to me, seems just against the democratic principles of parliament 

One of the reason I dislike mainstream politics.. you are told what your convictions are, as a politician 

38 minutes ago, MPH said:

One of the reason I dislike mainstream politics.. you are told what your convictions are, as a politician 

It's the difference between children all screaming for different flavours of ice cream and an adult ordering a caterpillar cake for everyone.

Politics is compromise, that's how things get done. Parties need to remind MPs that their focus is on the big picture, not their hobby issues.Dont like it, go grab a totalitarian leader.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, casablancas said:

Jesus. She was literally no threat to them. 

So yet another unlawful shooting (in other words murder) by a trigger happy cop, who clearly shouldn’t have been anywhere near being employed by law enforcement.  As a person of colour, I am extremely relieved that police do not routinely carry firearms over here. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Daggers said:

It's the difference between children all screaming for different flavours of ice cream and an adult ordering a caterpillar cake for everyone.

Politics is compromise, that's how things get done. Parties need to remind MPs that their focus is on the big picture, not their hobby issues.Dont like it, go grab a totalitarian leader.

and here’s me hoping those elected would represent the views of those who voted  for them, and not their ‘ boss’

Edited by MPH

20 minutes ago, Daggers said:

But don't the party whips carry an undue threat against an MP I might have voted for because I wanted them to represent me as an individual and to take on board the issues important to me and those that I believe are important to our country?

How can any elected MP be expected to uphold the reasons they were elected if they can be browbeaten by party whips in order to follow government dictats that they fundamentally don't agree with?

What's the point?

• Like 4

Just now, MPH said:

and here’s me hoping those elected would represent the views of those who voted  for them!

Exactly. See my post, above.

As the minister for Foxestalk, how are you going to represent the individual aspirations of every member?

On one hand you need to put over the point of view of all the happy clappers while also representing my desire to burn the club to the ground and hang Top from a lamppost.

MPs don't represent all of your values...and I very much doubt they campaigned on those issues.

5 hours ago, MPH said:

and here’s me hoping those elected would represent the views of those who voted  for them, and not their ‘ boss’

They represent the manifesto and are obliged to deliver it during the term in office.

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

But don't the party whips carry an undue threat against an MP I might have voted for because I wanted them to represent me as an individual and to take on board the issues important to me and those that I believe are important to our country?

How can any elected MP be expected to uphold the reasons they were elected if they can be browbeaten by party whips in order to follow government dictats that they fundamentally don't agree with?

What's the point?

What's special about your personal issues? Why are they more important.portant than the manifesto pledges you voted for?

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Usual suspects.

This topic is not hot enough for those suspensions 

infact it wouldn’t surprise me if they reversed the policy 

this is about starmer putting down a marker to those who see a thumping majority and decide it’s ok to do as they please regarding their own politics rather than the party line.   If they campaigned on the manifesto then they should support it.  These seven will have to decide what they intend to do over the next six months and therefore beyond. I imagine that if they continue to vote against policy then they will not get the whip back.  They had an abstention option. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Owen Jones providing his absolutely genius political analysis as usual.

GTMeCVjXkAEdnMN?format=jpg&name=medium

I swear he has a humiliation kink.

Has he reacted to the latest news? I can’t see as he blocked me years ago…

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Has he reacted to the latest news? I can’t see as he blocked me years ago…

Also blocked. He’s probably still too busy bullying the Greens co-leader for commending Biden on his 5 decades of public service. How dare she. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FoxyPV said:

Money for Ukraine👍

Money for kids👎

There's always money for war

You don’t think we should be giving money to Ukraine?

I think the 2 child benefit cap is backwards but this is just Labour voting against an amendment because it would mean voting against the king’s speech. Not saying that Labour won’t table the same motion in the future.

Regardless, I think letting Putin power through Ukraine and emboldening him will cost the UK a hell of a lot more in the future if/when he starts deciding Moldova, Finland, the Baltics, Poland are all easy targets and that the west won’t bother financially backing the defence of democratic European states. Putin has publicly said (likely multiple times) the collapse of the USSR and Eastern block was the worst thing that happened for Russia. What do you seriously think will happen if we just let him roll over Ukraine? That he’d just decide that’s him done and not continue if there’s no defence of these other countries?

Edited by Sampson

22 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Also blocked. He’s probably still too busy bullying the Greens co-leader for commending Biden on his 5 decades of public service. How dare she. 

Yeah it was a shame she apologised. I was hoping she'd stand up to the lunatic fringe of the party, but sadly not.

• Like 2