Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

30 minutes ago, Lionator said:

A lot of people upset with this but if the police felt there was risk of somebody stealing their firearms (as their statement says) then I think this level of violence will be justified. 

Regardless of what the crime is, personally find it difficult to see how kicking someone in the head when they’re being tasered on the floor complying is ever justified by the police. That level of violence might be justified to apprehend someone (and I’m not convinced kicking someone in their head once they’re down is tbh) but hard to see how it is once they’re already complying. But we’ll see what comes out of it regarding context etc.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm not sure there is any justification for kicking someone in the face and then stamping on their head when they are face down on the floor and being compliant tbh

We should not rush to judgement without all the facts that lead to the situation 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm not sure there is any justification for kicking someone in the face and then stamping on their head when they are face down on the floor and being compliant tbh

I don't think he went that far, I think it was just a disagreement on the Should Online Influencers be Restricted Or Monitored? thread. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Regardless of what the crime is, personally find it difficult to see how kicking someone in the head when they’re being tasered on the floor complying is ever justified by the police. That level of violence might be justified to apprehend someone (and I’m not convinced kicking someone in their head once they’re down is tbh) but hard to see how it is once they’re already complying. But we’ll see what comes out of it regarding context etc.

If this happened in the states rather than our own backward we’d collectively be all over it. 

27 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

We should not rush to judgement without all the facts that lead to the situation 

That was my point, though, I don't think there's ever any justification for that behaviour. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Posts dropping like flies these days. Had one of mine removed yesterday.

Starmer's Britain :shutup:

It's utterly embarrassing. Can't have wrongthink now can we:rolleyes:lol 

12 hours ago, Daggers said:

As the minister for Foxestalk, how are you going to represent the individual aspirations of every member?

On one hand you need to put over the point of view of all the happy clappers while also representing my desire to burn the club to the ground and hang Top from a lamppost.

MPs don't represent all of your values...and I very much doubt they campaigned on those issues.

They represent the manifesto and are obliged to deliver it during the term in office.

What's special about your personal issues? Why are they more important.portant than the manifesto pledges you voted for?

I get your point. Perhaps I was simply expecting too much from my local MP and I guess I'm not the only one. I very much doubt Luke Evans is going to raise my personal concerns about the state of our MH services in Parliament unless there's a significant lobby supporting me. 

In the same way as he never even replied to an invitation to visit the local foodbanks. That gives the impression that they didn't matter to him, he had bigger fish to fry. And I guess that applies to most MP's in office and the individual or "small" matters of concern get filtered down to local Councillors

The guy was on the ground, lying on his stomach, being tasered. The matter was under control. That kick to the head and stamp makes the officer not fit for the job. 

They should all be arrested - no justification for it.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

That was my point, though, I don't think there's ever any justification for that behaviour. 

Maybe maybe not depending on the circumstances most of us would not have to comprehend 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

The facts are there.

Regardless of what he had done prior, however bad, he was restrained and offered little to no resistance at that point.

There's absolutely no justification for kicking a restrained person in the head, and then stamping on them.

That's red mist at its finest, perhaps they had been fighting just prior and can blame adrenaline & red mist but still, police should show restraint, especially those that carry a deadly weapon.

I'm mega pro police, but some things you just can't defend.

He'll 100% lose his job. I'd be surprised if there's not any fractures given the kick with those boots on, probably looking at GBH too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

The facts are there.

Regardless of what he had done prior, however bad, he was restrained and offered little to no resistance at that point.

There's absolutely no justification for kicking a restrained person in the head, and then stamping on them.

That's red mist at its finest, perhaps they had been fighting just prior and can blame adrenaline & red mist but still, police should show restraint, especially those that carry a deadly weapon.

He'll 100% lose his job. I'd be surprised if there's not any fractures given the kick with those boots on, probably looking at GBH too.

You could be right. Certainly some facts are shown in the video but I would still prefer all the facts be known 

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Col City BAN

Tensions fly on Foxes Family Forum as divisive poster DUMPED out to become a silhouette 

Reckon he'll be back..

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

The facts are there.

I mean if these lads attacked police, they are tossers and should be thrown to the wolves in jail. No need for that at all. 0 tolerance for violence against police who are trying to do a job (tough one at that with everyone thinking they are hard).

That said, police also have a duty of care and in this instance there was  0 need to kick/stomp on the lad who appeared to have no way of causing further drastic harm.

I'm not for people losing their jobs but that's not a good look for the officer and I could see how he might be done for or demoted/suspended etc. 

Sad all around but would like to see video (if they have) of what happened before this. Likely won't change what is right/wrong but curiosity is there.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

The facts are there.

The only facts that are what we see in the 44 seconds recorded on a phone. What we don't see are the "facts" leading up to that which possibly have been deliberately left out of the phone footage to promote/provoke reaction on Twitter or whatever.

I agree that what we see, is appalling and the officers actions are beyond reasonable but, when you read the statement from GMP it's apparent that something occurred before what we see online.

Before we all leap to judge, we should wait to evaluate the whole incident. But of course, being social meeedja, we won't, and haven't, as you can see from posts on here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I get your point. Perhaps I was simply expecting too much from my local MP and I guess I'm not the only one. I very much doubt Luke Evans is going to raise my personal concerns about the state of our MH services in Parliament unless there's a significant lobby supporting me. 

In the same way as he never even replied to an invitation to visit the local foodbanks. That gives the impression that they didn't matter to him, he had bigger fish to fry. And I guess that applies to most MP's in office and the individual or "small" matters of concern get filtered down to local Councillors

Fwiw, Streeting has spoken many times on thr poor state of MH services, and our local MP has been volunteering at our local charity set following a kid's suicide since she was at school. Like everything, I doubt there'll be progress as fast as we'd like, but there will be progress.

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Fwiw, Streeting has spoken many times on thr poor state of MH services, and our local MP has been volunteering at our local charity set following a kid's suicide since she was at school. Like everything, I doubt there'll be progress as fast as we'd like, but there will be progress.

I don't hold out much hope as there have been years of brushing the issue under the carpet by both governments in the 30 or so years since Thatcher and her "care in the community" bollocks.

And I, like many others on FT, have personal experience of the lack of REAL support and action from all major political parties.

Speaking out is one thing, actually and meaningfully pressurising ministers to act, is another.

Edited by Parafox

7 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I agree, but in the nicest way possible, it doesn't really matter what happened prior.

It's pretty factual from the footage, that the chap is restrained on the floor.

However you dress it up, or try to justify it, there's no way that's necessary or proportionate.

I'm very pro Police, like i say, but that's not acceptable and things like this only make the job harder for other officers who are already disliked by the majority of the population. 

Like you I am very pro Police particularly as what is the alternative? Putting this case aside I wonder if the majority of the population do dislike the Police.