Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

41 minutes ago, Parafox said:

The only facts that are what we see in the 44 seconds recorded on a phone. What we don't see are the "facts" leading up to that which possibly have been deliberately left out of the phone footage to promote/provoke reaction on Twitter or whatever.

I agree that what we see, is appalling and the officers actions are beyond reasonable but, when you read the statement from GMP it's apparent that something occurred before what we see online.

Before we all leap to judge, we should wait to evaluate the whole incident. But of course, being social meeedja, we won't, and haven't, as you can see from posts on here.

It's quite clear that whatever happened prior was quite serious. 

But what I then don't get is that the police have got their man. All that appeared needed was them to make the arrest, no? 

He was down on the floor. They did what they needed to do which was to reduce the risk to themselves and the public. 

What use was there in kicking him and stamping him on the head? They have clearly let their anger get the better of them, and therefore unable to control it in this kind of situation. 

No one is leaping to judge. Everyone in here has acknowledged that they're probably nasty individuals and deserved to be caught based on what GMP have stated. 

Got nothing to do with the dislike of social media. Or nothing to provoke. 

It's fair game for the police involved to be criticised with their OTT reaction considering they seemingly had the individuals under their control. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Like you I am very pro Police particularly as what is the alternative? Putting this case aside I wonder if the majority of the population do dislike the Police. 

A small but very vocal minority, mostly with a grievance against them for whatever reason.

There is nothing perfect in any walk of life or any profession and we have to accept faults and failings in everything and everyone. Sadly there's a minority that can't. 

• Like 2

On 20/07/2024 at 14:15, st albans fox said:

Bella Hadid's Adidas advert dropped after Israeli criticism https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/ceqdwpv8vw1o

you have to wonder how ignorant one of the largest global sporting companies can be ?  (Especially given how many hundreds of millions their Yeezy debacle with Kanye ended up costing them) 

nothing wrong with Hadid and her politics  - but the basis of the trainer - Munich ‘72 is surely a red flag on this ??  It’s actually incredible the more you think about it. 

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/fashion/article/2024/jul/24/adidas-apologises-bella-hadid-campaign-criticism-israel?amp_js_v=0.1&amp_gsa=1#webview=1&cap=swipe

5 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I was a police officer for almost 10 years.

The worrying thing for me was that you could deal with certain areas of society disliking you. It's almost a way of life for them and they are raised to not like the police.

What became worrying is that you increasingly noticed that 'normal' tax paying & law abiding people started to dislike you.

Now I'm not saying dislike in the way that they would fight you and spit at you, but most definitely saw you as a waste of time.

It's a shame, because all police officers have families and homes. There's not a police officer in the country that doesn't want to get burglars and rapists, but unfortunately,  through no control of their own, all of their time is spent dealing with people that are vulnerable,  or people who can't have an amicable relationship. 

Less officers, more demand. There's absolutely no victim satisfaction from the police any more and most of the time, it's reactive policing, not proactive.

I could go on forever,  but I hate seeing the growing trend of being anti - police when I know how hard 99% of police officers on the ground work.

I have worked alongside police officers on many occasions in all types of situations and I have to say that each and every one of them worked in a professional way. 

Personally I witnessed nothing more than exemplary behaviour despite what they and I were confronted with.

It's a shame that the sort of behaviour shown in the video clip seems to categorise police officers as violent and impatient and overreacting and people will jump on clips like this to vent, regardless. IME the police are anything but.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The only time I've ever disliked the police is when I got caught doing something wrong. Which, goes without saying, is pretty poor form from them. I found the best way to avoid disliking the police was to avoid being caught. I suggest more people try that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I have worked alongside police officers on many occasions in all types of situations and I have to say that each and every one of them worked in a professional way. 

Personally I witnessed nothing more than exemplary behaviour despite what they and I were confronted with.

It's a shame that the sort of behaviour shown in the video clip seems to categorise police officers as violent and impatient and overreacting and people will jump on clips like this to vent, regardless. IME the police are anything but.

But it doesnt, does it. This guy is quite clearly a bit of idiot who has reacted in the way that he did and put his fellow officers and the public at further risk. 

Some people will try to blame all coppers but the majority wont. This guy is being criticised and rightly so, he should be removed from duties as he lacked basic control. However, the behaviour of his fellow officers in the video (some who look quite stunned by his actions) remains professional throughout. One of them walking around with a broken nose. 

22 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Personally I witnessed nothing more than exemplary behaviour despite what they and I were confronted with

This is worrying that you see it as 'exemplary behaviour'. 

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

But it doesnt, does it. This guy is quite clearly a bit of idiot who has reacted in the way that he did and put his fellow officers and the public at further risk. 

Some people will try to blame all coppers but the majority wont. This guy is being criticised and rightly so, he should be removed from duties as he lacked basic control. However, the behaviour of his fellow officers in the video (some who look quite stunned by his actions) remains professional throughout. One of them walking around with a broken nose. 

To digress. I broke my nose years ago and the thought still makes my eyes water. The most disconcerting thing was if tempted to touch the crunchy noise in the head made it sound as if it was in hundreds of tiny pieces. 

46 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Now I'm not saying dislike in the way that they would fight you and spit at you, but most definitely saw you as a waste of time.

I was going to write a long and insightful comment about this then decided, "what's the point?" :dunno:

52 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I was a police officer for almost 10 years.

The worrying thing for me was that you could deal with certain areas of society disliking you. It's almost a way of life for them and they are raised to not like the police.

What became worrying is that you increasingly noticed that 'normal' tax paying & law abiding people started to dislike you.

It's a shame, because all police officers have families and homes. There's not a police officer in the country that doesn't want to get burglars and rapists, but unfortunately,  through no control of their own, all of their time is spent dealing with people that are vulnerable,  or people who can't have an amicable relationship. 

Less officers, more demand. There's absolutely no victim satisfaction from the police any more and most of the time, it's reactive policing, not proactive.

I could go on forever,  but I hate seeing the growing trend of being anti - police when I know how hard 99% of police officers on the ground work.

To link it to another conversation but this is exactly the same as the mental heath system 

• Like 1

I get the feeling this pair will regret these comments on this incident as more becomes known.

It’s notable Farage has said nothing so far and even Lozzer Fox has called the officers action out for what it is.

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

The only facts that are what we see in the 44 seconds recorded on a phone. What we don't see are the "facts" leading up to that which possibly have been deliberately left out of the phone footage to promote/provoke reaction on Twitter or whatever.

I agree that what we see, is appalling and the officers actions are beyond reasonable but, when you read the statement from GMP it's apparent that something occurred before what we see online.

Before we all leap to judge, we should wait to evaluate the whole incident. But of course, being social meeedja, we won't, and haven't, as you can see from posts on here.

This is pretty much right.  The 44 second clip is the tip of the iceberg for this incident.

The officer will have to explain his actions and rational to justify the level of force used  That will be checked not just against social media,  but all available CCTV, any body worn video and statements from the other officers present and members of the public.  Then a decision will be made which could be anywhere between nothing and actual criminal charges.

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

A small but very vocal minority, mostly with a grievance against them for whatever reason.

There is nothing perfect in any walk of life or any profession and we have to accept faults and failings in everything and everyone. Sadly there's a minority that can't. 

Not surprisingly, when particular police forces like the Met or West Mercia for example have received fairly recent damning independent reports of institutional misogyny and racism, it is going to negatively impact on the public’s perception of trust and fairness in policing in general. That’s human nature.  The police in being more open and transparent and proactive in weeding out those unfit officers, need to somehow turn that perception around. 

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I get the feeling this pair will regret these comments on this incident as more becomes known.

It’s notable Farage has said nothing so far and even Lozzer Fox has called the officers action out for what it is.

How dare that man purport to speak on behalf the 'vast majority of decent Brits'. And who is this 'we' he is brazen enough to claim to represent?

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1