Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

https://news.sky.com/story/police-officer-who-kicked-and-stamped-on-suspect-at-manchester-airport-filmed-pepper-spraying-man-13184832

Another video come out now of the same policeman at Manchester airport on the same night  pepper spraying a guy just standing still from about 30cms away in the link from Sky above. 

Even less defensible now. 

What's the context here for pepper spraying him? Was he causing a nuisance or being threatening? Was it 'deserved', so to speak? 

I think there is a serious issue in society.  If people like me have given up on our politics, society, justice, equality.........

I'm affluent, successful (to a degree) and i feel the need to revolt.  I can imagine those woth less opportunities wanting to......

Maybe its the Sikh in me, but the future looks.....

I have no solutions,.only a big cock and a great labido.

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What's the context here for pepper spraying him? Was he causing a nuisance or being threatening? Was it 'deserved', so to speak? 

From what I've read, he was a witness to the first incident. Not sure if he's said something to the officer or maybe they knew he filmed it... all just speculation at this point. 

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It’s evident this was after the two initial arrests.

It seems pretty obvious they were filming the previous incident. 

The officer wouldn’t be able to justify the use of pepper spray in that scenario (too close, no clear evidence of resisting).

That incident has also been referred to the IPCC.

• Like 1

Something to consider on this Manchester airport incident.

I’ve been trying to find confirmation on whether GMP brought any charges against the 4 they arrested.

There is very little in way of confirmation one way or another - other than we know the two in the main video have since been released.

Normally in an incident as high profile as this, some sort of confirmation would have been given by GMP by now - either charged and released on bail, released pending further investigations or released without charge - especially given the reasons for the arrests are pretty easy charges to substantiate for an incident that’s happened within a building that’s going to have lots of CCTV and the police’s own body warn cameras.

Now I’ve seen some suggestions online that those arrested have infact been released without charge, with some citing ‘lack of evidence’.

But there’s been nothing official - despite 3 other statements by GMP - inside 24 hours, which is somewhat curious.

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Something to consider on this Manchester airport incident.

I’ve been trying to find confirmation on whether GMP brought any charges against the 4 they arrested.

There is very little in way of confirmation one way or another - other than we know the two in the main video have since been released.

Normally in an incident as high profile as this, some sort of confirmation would have been given by GMP by now - either charged and released on bail, released pending further investigations or released without charge - especially given the reasons for the arrests are pretty easy charges to substantiate for an incident that’s happened within a building that’s going to have lots of CCTV and the police’s own body warn cameras.

Now I’ve seen some suggestions online that those arrested have infact been released without charge, with some citing ‘lack of evidence’.

But there’s been nothing official - despite 3 other statements by GMP - inside 24 hours, which is somewhat curious.

So did the wpc break her own nose or was that a ‘story’ - I wonder if the guy currently in hospital will be charged when he’s well enough 

Anyone mentioned the Policewoman with a Broken nose yet? It seems the perpetrator is a free man tonight....

(Cupped ear)

We really need Manchester Airport to release the footage from the two security cameras in that area of the airport to show the initial altercation and I suspect we might have a different perspective on things. 

In the meantime for me, that Police officer obviously witnessed something which meant he lost complete control of his emotions and we need to see why.  Why did he lose it like that?

Before you all hark back virtuous comments, put yourself in his shoes.  That group, the female officers might be his best mates, long time colleagues and as a bloke instinctively you perhaps emotionally over protect the females you are around.  Seriously, put yourself in his shoes, in the heat of a moment.  If this is his crime I respect the guy, understand why it happened and look forward to seeing him with a prosperous career in private security.  

Don't worry about him.  We should go back to worrying why a man would punch a Policewomen in the face and break her nose!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Anyone mentioned the Policewoman with a Broken nose yet? It seems the perpetrator is a free man tonight....

(Cupped ear)

We really need Manchester Airport to release the footage from the two security cameras in that area of the airport to show the initial altercation and I suspect we might have a different perspective on things. 

In the meantime for me, that Police officer obviously witnessed something which meant he lost complete control of his emotions and we need to see why.  Why did he lose it like that?

Before you all hark back virtuous comments, put yourself in his shoes.  That group, the female officers might be his best mates, long time colleagues and as a bloke instinctively you perhaps emotionally over protect the females you are around.  Seriously, put yourself in his shoes, in the heat of a moment.  If this is his crime I respect the guy, understand why it happened and look forward to seeing him with a prosperous career in private security.  

Don't worry about him.  We should go back to worrying why a man would punch a Policewomen in the face and break her nose!!!!

Top post👍🏾

People are quick to bring out the "sack the copper"  line.

We dont know how long hes been a cop, if hes had a distinguished  career and this was completely  out of cha6 due to the circumstances  prior making him react over the top.

Let's just see 15 seconds of the video and condem  his career whilst the real villains are now the victims.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What the guy did to the police officer does not absolve the kicking police officer of his actions. And vice versa. 

I'm protective over my friends but I've not had to end up kicking AND stamping on someone's head. 

A man punching a policewoman in the face is wrong. I don't think you'll find anyone defending him. In fact in all of the debate I don't see anyone anywhere defending him. 

What you seem to have done though is defend police brutality and unnecessary and excessive force against someone that was already restrained. 

If the police officer cannot control his emotions amongst colleagues (friends or not), then perhaps he needs to reevaluate his behaviour. His protection for his colleagues would have weight if the guy on the floor was lunging towards the officers or actually seemed threatening in that moment in time. 

I don't even know why gender comes into it. It should have no relevance. 

I've put myself in his shoes, like you asked, and I still don't picture myself stamping on someone's head or volleying them in the face. 

All of this plus he’s a (presumably) highly trained firearms officer so you would expect him to show restraint and good judgment in exactly these circumstances. 

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What the guy did to the police officer does not absolve the kicking police officer of his actions. And vice versa. 

I'm protective over my friends but I've not had to end up kicking AND stamping on someone's head. 

A man punching a policewoman in the face is wrong. I don't think you'll find anyone defending him. In fact in all of the debate I don't see anyone anywhere defending him. 

What you seem to have done though is defend police brutality and unnecessary and excessive force against someone that was already restrained. 

If the police officer cannot control his emotions amongst colleagues (friends or not), then perhaps he needs to reevaluate his behaviour. His protection for his colleagues would have weight if the guy on the floor was lunging towards the officers or actually seemed threatening in that moment in time. 

I've put myself in his shoes, like you asked, and I still don't picture myself stamping on someone's head or volleying them in the face. 

Everything you say is fair comment in my opinion, open to conjecture, but fair debate except this paragraph.  This is the virtuous part where we demand perfection from people thrust into the most dangerous environments in our society and tilt our views with unconscious biases accordingly.

I stand by we need to see more of the incident to cast a fair assessment on it, but I have gone with my gut instinct the policeman acted badly, but something triggered him to do it after he had already tasered the assailant. 

33 minutes ago, Raj said:

Top post👍🏾

We dont know how long hes been a cop, if hes had a distinguished  career and this was completely  out of cha6 due to the circumstances  prior making him react over the top.

Let's just see 15 seconds of the video and condem  his career whilst the real villains are now the victims.

15 seconds of a video usually suffices for me on certain websites tbh

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How do you feel about the man who broke the nose of the policewoman?

More angry with him, or more angry with the Policeman who reacted?  

I'm interested to know, because your middle paragraph is where your real emotion was revealed.

33 minutes ago, Raj said:

Top post👍🏾

There’s a video on sky where they claim this officer is shown pepper spraying another noisy (maybe construed as aggressive) person after the kicking incident.  He has colleagues around him who don’t resort to the pepper spray. 

Not sure this guy seem to be the type who should be carrying a gun ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Everything you say is fair comment in my opinion, open to conjecture, but fair debate except this paragraph.  This is the virtuous part where we demand perfection from people thrust into the most dangerous environments in our society and tilt our views with unconscious biases accordingly.

I stand by we need to see more of the incident to cast a fair assessment on it, but I have gone with my gut instinct the policeman acted badly, but something triggered him to do it after he had already tasered the assailant. 

I don't think anything there was virtuous. 

It's not even demanding perfection I think. I just don't expect the police officer in question to act overly aggressive in that situation. 

My main point is that they had done what they needed to - mitigating the risk and reducing the threat. I'm not even sure we need to see the context leading up to it when you think of this bit. 

If that something triggered him to act in such a way that's what needs examining. And I guess what will be investigated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

There’s a video on sky where they claim this officer is shown pepper spraying another noisy (maybe construed as aggressive) person after the kicking incident.  He has colleagues around him who don’t resort to the pepper spray. 

Not sure this guy seem to be the type who should be carrying a gun ?

Before or after his 3 colleagues have gone to hospital (one with a broken nose)?

See everything needs perspective.  Say it happened before, then he seems extreme.  Afterwards?

Just now, StanSP said:

I don't think anything there was virtuous. 

It's not even demanding perfection I think. I just don't expect the police officer in question to act overly aggressive in that situation. 

My main point is that they had done what they needed to - mitigating the risk and reducing the threat. I'm not even sure we need to see the context leading up to it when you think of this bit. 

If that something triggered him to act in such a way that's what needs examining. And I guess what will be investigated.

And the policewoman? You don't seem overly concerned about her and what happened to her. All you speak about it what the Policeman did.....

4 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

How do you feel about the man who broke the nose of the policewoman?

More angry with him, or more angry with the Policeman who reacted?  

I'm interested to know, because your middle paragraph is where your real emotion was revealed.

I'm angry with him. 

Angry with his actions that an emergency worker has been injured. No place for that at all. 

But do his actions warrant the policeman to act in such a manner? Are we going to then see all out violence whenever a policeman or woman is attacked? That's not the right way to go about things? I think my answer has more reasoning when taking into account the threat of the individual. 

1 minute ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

And the policewoman? You don't seem overly concerned about her and what happened to her. All you speak about it what the Policeman did.....

Because that's what we're discussing? That's what this whole debate is about. 

I hope the policewoman is okay and there's no way she deserves any injury from any individual. No one working in that environment should be injured in such a way. The guy who did it clearly has little to no respect for the Police. 

I'm not sure what you're insinuating or what you're angling at or want me to say on this point. 

I

1 minute ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Before or after his 3 colleagues have gone to hospital (one with a broken nose)?

See everything needs perspective.  Say it happened before, then he seems extreme.  Afterwards?

It’s apparently after the kicking incident (so must be after the violence towards his colleagues) 

I can’t see how it matters - no officer should, be doing what he did when a suspect is prone on the ground with his hands by his side 

That’s his job - he’s trained to deal with situations like this (even moreso in his case as an armed officer). 

• Like 2