Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

23 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Yeah, I’m with you on that. The tasers and the pepper spray perfectly legitimate to control a hostile situation. Even if it’s to disorientate the suspect to make the arrest - that’s legitimate policing. 

Anyone who thinks it’s perfectly normal to stamp on someone’s head, regardless of things that came before is ****ing stupid. 

Tbf, I can think of situations where I would have been fairly relaxed about the person being booted in the head …… 

If this guy had stabbed someone then I would also be less judgemental.  There is always context.

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

Just seen the BBC Verify video. 

Wonder what the lad in black, on the benches behind the main incident, had done. 

He was sitting there, hands up on his head, then gets hauled down for apparently no reason? 

Perhaps he was part of the initial incident, maybe that'll be revealed. But again it seems like unreasonable force how he was treated when he seemed to be no threat in terms of looking like there was a 'clear risk' of officers' weapons being taken, as GMP referenced... 

The 3 other blokes, one of which got pepper sprayed, and all who got eventually arrested, also perhaps had a role in the incident - either the initial one or the car park one. The gap in the video footage available so far could be telling. 

Wonder if the whole CCTV by Manchester Airport will be released... 

2 hours ago, Raj said:

FFS- you'll see worse every Friday night at your local wetherspoons come 11pm

This is objectively untrue. I've seen hundreds of fights, stamping on someone's head is not a thing

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dunge said:

- Disruption rather than outright terrorism

- Coordinated

- Nobody claiming responsibility

- Feels like Russia to me.

Seems plausible, but the French can be pretty bolshy themselves, can't they? I wouldn't rule out a domestic protest of some kind.

I just read that one attempted arson attack was 'foiled', though it's not clear whether the perpetrator was detained. If they were, that would presumably give  pretty strong indication as to who is responsible for this. 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Lee Anderson says that the suspended police officer should be given a medal

I didn't realise it was an olympic event.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Seems plausible, but the French can be pretty bolshy themselves, can't they? I wouldn't rule out a domestic protest of some kind.

I just read that one attempted arson attack was 'foiled', though it's not clear whether the perpetrator was detained. If they were, that would presumably give  pretty strong indication as to who is responsible for this. 

We’ll see whether anyone claims responsibility. If it’s a domestic protest then someone will claim it - no point protesting for a cause if nobody knows what you’re protesting about.

• Like 1

Never in a month of Sundays is this attempted murder.

You'd do well do see stabbings down as Attempt Murder now, always GBH or at best, GBH with intent.

There's nothing to suggest the person has even got any injuries constituting that of GBH so you'll probably end up with a low level ABH at best.

Some people suggesting Attempt Murder are so far away from the reality of the justice system it's worrying.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dunge said:

We’ll see whether anyone claims responsibility. If it’s a domestic protest then someone will claim it - no point protesting for a cause if nobody knows what you’re protesting about.

It could be far right or far left, Russia, Islamic extremists, or peoples fed up with the Olympics disruption or some other disgruntled person or persons. Let's hope its a one off and doesn't escalate. Unfortunately the Olympics will likely draw in protesters angry with the continuing war in Gaza or anything else their angry about! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

You'd do well do see stabbings down as Attempt Murder now, always GBH or at best, GBH with intent.

There's nothing to suggest the person has even got any injuries constituting that of GBH so you'll probably end up with a low level ABH at best.

Some people suggesting Attempt Murder are so far away from the reality of the justice system it's worrying.

So the lawyer working for the "Victims" has stated on Nick Ferraris LBC show that this was an assassination attempt by the police as the "young lads" were threatened by the police officers!

This t1t Akhmed Yakoob who was a candidate in the mayoral election has a history of  chatting sh1t!

Birmingham election candidate apologises for ‘deeply disturbing’ remarks about women | General election 2024 | The Guardian

5 minutes ago, Raj said:

So the lawyer working for the "Victims" has stated on Nick Ferraris LBC show that this was an assassination attempt by the police as the "young lads" were threatened by the police officers!

This t1t Akhmed Yakoob who was a candidate in the mayoral election has a history of  chatting sh1t!

Birmingham election candidate apologises for ‘deeply disturbing’ remarks about women | General election 2024 | The Guardian

Is he actually a real lawyer? He looks more like he’s running the local protection racket. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Is he actually a real lawyer? He looks more like he’s running the local protection racket. 

8 Reviews of Maurice Andrews Solicitors Ltd rated 3.5/5 in Birmingham | ReviewSolicitors

Heres the reviews- says it all about them really.....

Sounds like a complete t1t to be honest-

Revealed: Lawyer representing two men being 'attacked' by police at Manchester Airport is Lamborghini-driving wannabe MP who ran as pro-Palestine candidate in the general election and was probed over 'false racism' claim | Daily Mail Online

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

I see those opinion polls are narrowing now.   Republicans continuing to use their racist dog whistle of choice DEI,  will just pee off many independents.  I suspect that rhetoric will ramp up in the coming weeks, as they just can’t help themselves. 

let’s hope Kamala doesn’t do any major gaffs or embarrass herself. She has a history of being in law  enforcement  so  I know that’s one area the Maga crazies are hoping to exploit - and one establishment that is in the spotlight at the moment

for the most part,   No republican mud slinging seems to be working. Yet. But it’s way too early to know what they have to sling at her..

she still doesn’t have the official democratic nomination, of course..

48 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I was being facetious with the attempted murder chat tbf. 

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Shite like this actually demeans the (valid) criticism of the individual police officer's actions. They think they're helping, but they're not. 

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Shite like this actually demeans the (valid) criticism of the individual police officer's actions. They think they're helping, but they're not. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

I can't comment on how good a lawyer he is but he's one of these who are all over Tik Tok etc.

He'll have zero interest in the case itself, but rather more the publicity he'll get as a result.

I'd bet my bottom dollar he's offered to represent them free of charge just so he can attach himself to the 'story' and further his Tik Tok venture.

Hes like the 'spudman' of jacket potato stalls or the 'pool guy' of cleaning swimming pools. (If you know,  you know)

51 minutes ago, bmt said:

I was being facetious with the attempted murder chat tbf. 

It wasn't aimed at you mate, or even comments from this forum alone, it's been spouted a few places by people who genuinely believe it's attempted murder.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Tbf, I can think of situations where I would have been fairly relaxed about the person being booted in the head …… 

If this guy had stabbed someone then I would also be less judgemental.  There is always context.

Yeah, you wouldnt mind and to be honest, nor would I. But realistically speaking, its not something we want people in certain positions doing. Its just reality. If it goes south, the implications are not great. Its a tough job and all about control. Really interesting analysis by an ex-Met officer yesterday on Newsnight. 

17 minutes ago, Raj said:

So this is quite important. 

Akhmed Yakoob who is a lawyer but is essentially not applying the law. 

(DUSTS OFF OLD 1ST YEAR LAW BOOKS).

Murder is essentially where someone has the act and the intention to carrying out murder and does so. The intention being key for reasons given below.

Attempted murder is where someone is perceived to have the intention (i.e. I want to kill X) but the act fails.

Manslaughter is not a chargeable offence but is essentially determined by the courts if someone is successful in the act but is deemed to lack the intention. 

The issue here is, Mr Yakoob, a qualified lawyer is missing the key element. Intention. Unless they find hidden posters up in this guys wall that he wanted to kill someone at the airport, the CPS are not going for attempted murder. 

GBH on the otherhand (where the act without death is potentially as significant) is a realistic possibility. 

I find that statement (not watched the video) absolutely crazy.