Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

Doesn't change mine.

If you kick someone in the head and try and on the stamp on their head while they are face down on the floor you have probably gone too far.

Only possible justification I could see is if it somehow prevents a murder which this clearly did not.

Edited by foxes1988
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

Doesn't change mine.

If you kick someone in the head and try and on the stamp on their head while they are face down on the floor you have probably gone too far.

Only possible justification I could see is if it somehow prevents a murder which this clearly did not.

I don’t think the kick or stomp are justified but the perpetrators are hardly the sweet innocent boys that have been made out in the media. They deserve their day in court alongside the officer. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

I don’t think the kick or stomp are justified but the perpetrators are hardly the sweet innocent boys that have been made out in the media. They deserve their day in court alongside the officer. 

Oh of course. I think the vast majority of people think both the police officer and the attackers should be properly repremanded.

• Like 1

If you are in a position of responsibility and authority, you are beholden to the standards set (especially in such a public setting).

The people that instigated the incident obviously should know better, and there is no justification for them hitting the officers. But justice would have followed them anyway for the assaults.

I get that it’s hard for people to keep in check of emotions, but in that situation you have to keep a lid on it. Just look at the fallout that’s come of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

And this is the thing isn’t it. Acknowledging that Hamas fall within the definition of a terrorist group is not, in any way a mark on supporting and understanding  the plight of the Palestinians. Whether that be Gaza or the West Bank. 

In turn, recognising that the current Israeli govt is a far right brutal regime, who have carried out medical experiments on its own people, undertaken torture, broken parts of international law and funds and encourages terrorist actions of settlers, is not a mark and it shouldn’t be misconstrued as a attack on the people of Israel (many of whom would not defend this govt). in the same way you’d question the figures coming out of Hamas, you’d also should question anything coming from the regime. For obvious reasons.

The Huff post article on UK/Israel funding earlier in the year gave a good summary. I know the argument bUt ThE FuNdInG isn’t as big as the US and in comparison to others - the point is we do offer some support and that increases scrutiny full stop.

Ah -  misunderstood the word ‘aid’. I thought you meant gifted rather than export sales. 

I'm no fan of BN - when were these medical experiments ?

The guy on the yellow benches isn't all that innocent either. He was going to town on the officer as well and then almost realised what a pr*xk he was being when the Taser was being pointed at him. 

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Always. ALWAYS wait for more information about something before commenting. ESPECIALLY if the internet is going apeshit about something.

Especially from "@TRobinsonNewEra".  I'll still keep my powder dry on this one for now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lionator said:

The photo of Starmer in his coat while the other leaders are cowering in poncho’s goes so hard. We are so back as a country. 

Would you say the same about Sunak in a (wet)suit outside Number 10 a few weeks ago?

We are so not "back".

32 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Where have they been made out to be sweet or innocent? 

It doesn't change mine. He deserved to be arrested and there was no way he should be assaulting one police officer, let alone 3. He's an absolute tit for doing what he did. 

It still doesn't change my view that he should be kicked or stamped in the head, after being tasered

The Taser did enough damage for him to be arrested. 

People might like the act of revenge for punching a police officer. But a police officer and colleague should be thinking cleared than to kick/stamp when the risk has been mitigated. 

I still maintain that if the offender was up and actually looked threatening (and not seized up after being tasered) then I'd have a different view. But he was no threat at the time of the kick and stamp. 

I’m assuming that’s a typo and that you’ve not gone all Lee Anderson lol

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Another question - was it the officer that threw the first punch? 

It certainly looks like it? 

Looks to me like they approached to arrest them and one of the guys punched the officer from the side.

The officer should be duly punished, but there is no harm in presenting the video showing what led to him losing his cool, not to justify his behaviour but to illustrate a 10 second clip rarely shows the whole story.

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Where have they been made out to be sweet or innocent? 

It doesn't change mine. He deserved to be arrested and there was no way he should be assaulting one police officer, let alone 3. He's an absolute tit for doing what he did. 

It still doesn't change my view that he should be kicked or stamped in the head, after being tasered. 

The Taser did enough damage for him to be arrested. 

People might like the act of revenge for punching a police officer. But a police officer and colleague should be thinking cleared than to kick/stamp when the risk has been mitigated. 

I still maintain that if the offender was up and actually looked threatening (and not seized up after being tasered) then I'd have a different view. But he was no threat at the time of the kick and stamp. 

Yes, in theory. I've seen men tasered that have got up and then continued their violence. It "can" incapacitate a person but only for a brief period, in many cases, particularly where the person is high on drugs, (and, but not so much, alcohol). 

The kick to the head in particular, and then the stamp, does, I agree, seem to be a vengeful reaction for his colleague being punched repeatedly in the face... 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Another question - was it the officer that threw the first punch? 

It certainly looks like it? 

Officer got punched from the side, he then reacted to that.

5 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Yes, in theory. I've seen men tasered that have got up and then continued their violence. It "can" incapacitate a person but only for a brief period, in many cases, particularly where the person is high on drugs, (and, but not so much, alcohol). 

The kick to the head in particular, and then the stamp, does, I agree, seem to be a vengeful reaction for his colleague being punched repeatedly in the face... 

It looks more like a retaliation for him being knocked on his arse. The officer that done it gets knocked down right before he takers him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

interesting, might change the views of some 

Don't think it changes anything at all.

I fully appreciate that the officers have just been in a good scrap, and say for instance during that scrap, they punched and broke his jaw etc etc it's justified.

Unfortunately,  the point remains that the perpetrator was incapacitated and no threat when he was vollied and stamped on.

Even after a fight like that, the officer should have shown restraint. It's a clear red mist moment from the officer.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Don't think it changes anything at all.

I fully appreciate that the officers have just been in a good scrap, and say for instance during that scrap, they punched and broke his jaw etc etc it's justified.

Unfortunately,  the point remains that the perpetrator was incapacitated and no threat when he was vollied and stamped on.

Even after a fight like that, the officer should have shown restraint. It's a clear red mist moment from the officer.

A bit more serious than a so called good scrap when  officers guns could have been taken. Bottom line is that all the evidence should be gathered. Let us wait for due process.

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Three incidents… so what’s the third one? 

An alleged altercation between passengers from Qatar Airways flight QR023, which arrived at 19:20 BST, which occurred either during the flight or in the T2 baggage hall

A "violent disturbance" involving members of the public in T2 Starbucks at approximately 20:22

The alleged assault of three police officers which occurred in the T2 car park pay point area at 20:28 and resulted in the officers receiving head injuries, including a broken nose

• Like 2