Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

Guest MarshallForEngland
2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

No. 

I see. So what is your position on kicking the rally attendees in the head? 

5 hours ago, Kisnorbo fox said:

Everyone’s entitled to there opinion. Just because it differs from your one that doesn’t mean it’s wrong. 
 Set a presidents and individuals like the man who received the boot to the head, will soon realise what they will be on the end of if they abuse our emergency service workers.
if a police officer asked me to comply and I then decided to turn round and punch and show acts of violence to not 1 but 3 officers, I wouldn’t feel to hard done by, if I received a size 10 boot to the face for my troubles.  

Where opinion?

1 hour ago, MarshallForEngland said:

Then I am afraid I don't quite understand the fact/opinion distinction you were trying to advance, nor the criteria on which you classify some people as "bar stool philosophers and village idiots".

Quite frankly, I don't care whether you do or not. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

What is truly frightening is the regularity that police officers are assaulted. I have now seen the footage of the initial frenzied attack by the two males on the officers. 
If anyone hasn’t seen it I suggest you watch it. It is a truly frightening assault by two large males fists were flying with all their force on Officers trying to do their job.

Over 1,000 assaults on Officers in Leicestershire ALONE in ONE calendar year.

Thats roughly two assaults per each frontline response cop. 

This doesn’t even take into account the huge amount of ‘resisting arrest’ officers face and the fine line between aggressively ‘resisting’ and plain assault. 

• Sad 1

has any of the main stream media even shown the other footage of the incident at Manchester Airport?

also the kick to the head etc wasnt need, both the copper(who kicked) and the 2 guys should be in court imo

My sister is a copper and i honestly dont think people understand the toll it can take out of you mentally and physically; to say its a hard job is an understatement and the pay is frankly shocking too for what they have to do as well

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

has any of the main stream media even shown the other footage of the incident at Manchester Airport?

also the kick to the head etc wasnt need, both the copper(who kicked) and the 2 guys should be in court imo

My sister is a copper and i honestly dont think people understand the toll it can take out of you mentally and physically; to say its a hard job is an understatement and the pay is frankly shocking too for what they have to do as well

I think you should be reported to the grammar police. :P lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Doesn’t fit the agenda does it.

Just look at the coverage of protests. One labelled as Right wing while the other isn’t labelled as left wing, just a counter protest. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Been on bbc website with explanation of what’s going on 

a little confused - what did people expect to see when a pc has her nose  broken and two others require hospital treatment???  The right on twitter seem to feel that being assaulted gives the police the right to assault the perpetrators with a boot to the head.  Perhaps says a lot about the right on twitter - certainly no appreciation of the nuances of the law. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Your third paragraph says that the role is underpaid and extremely difficult (please pass my thanks to your sister), and I agree with you here, but your second paragraph suggests that if a cop makes a wrong decision in one of these physically and mentally stressful situations, they should be criminally prosecuted and be likely to lose their job and potentially go to prison.

I love all these armchair contributors believing that cops should be some sort of emotionless, robotic superhumans.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MarshallForEngland said:

Having seen the video of the attack on the police officers prior to the kick to the head, I can safely say that I regret my initial response and shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. The man who was kicked had just viciously attacked the police officers and was not yet in handcuffs; he had been temporarily incapacitated by a taser and could very well have got up and continued the assault. The officer had to do whatever was necessary to neutralise the threat. I honestly think the men who attacked the officers should consider themselves extremely lucky not to have been shot to death. 

Don't disagree that they viciously attacked the police officers. Not sure anyone actually is. 

The fact he had been 'temporarily incapacitated' by a Taser was the perfect opportunity to permanently restrain him in handcuffs and reduce all kind of threat. Nullify him, deal with the others as appropriate i.e. Arrest them too or disperse them away from the scene. 

The fact he had 2 Tasers being pointed at him (I think, after the initial Taser) meant he could have been incapacitated even further. 

You say he had to do whatever necessary to neutralise the threat. He already had done so. Therefore proving (?) that the kick and stamp were excessive, surely? 

As for not being shot to death, you're reaching there I think! 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Don't disagree that they viciously attacked the police officers. Not sure anyone actually is. 

The fact he had been 'temporarily incapacitated' by a Taser was the perfect opportunity to permanently restrain him in handcuffs and reduce all kind of threat. Nullify him, deal with the others as appropriate i.e. Arrest them too or disperse them away from the scene. 

The fact he had 2 Tasers being pointed at him (I think, after the initial Taser) meant he could have been incapacitated even further. 

You say he had to do whatever necessary to neutralise the threat. He already had done so. Therefore proving (?) that the kick and stamp were excessive, surely? 

You make it seem oh so easy as if watching a hero in a police crime drama. Unfortunately this was not scripted. The kick and stamp could well be proved to be excessive but we don't know if the officer himself thought the threat was still real or not. 

A

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Any other country they would have been severely assaulted by the authorities maybe even shot dead by armed officers after attacking police the way they did. Ask anyone to keep a cool head while or after they've been attacked it would be extremely difficult for anyone. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

You make it seem oh so easy as if watching a hero in a police crime drama. Unfortunately this was not scripted. The kick and stamp could well be proved to be excessive but we don't know if the officer himself thought the threat was still real or not. 

Aren't we all doing that? To an extent? 

I'm just putting across my viewpoint. 

Good job it's not an actual police drama though. I'd have thought these officers would be trained to keep their cool in high pressure environments... 

Controlled aggression, so to speak, and not letting your emotions get the better of you (ie not seeking revenge and acting like being above the law). 

Just now, foxy boxing said:

A

Any other country they would have been severely assaulted by the authorities maybe even shot dead by armed officers after attacking police the way they did. Ask anyone to keep a cool head while or after they've been attacked it would be extremely difficult for anyone. 

But this is the UK so any other countries' policing is a moot point, with all due respect. 

See above for the keeping a cool head stuff. Thankfully these kinds of events and incidents are few and far between because I'd like to think the stark majority of police, armed or not, can act by keeping their aggression and emotion in check despite being verbally or physically abused for doing their job. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

This is turning into a proper VAR situation. 

The officer is the one who was doing the job of putting himself in harm's way.  He makes a decision in the heat of the moment where everything is being played out one time at full speed.  He has all the noise and commotion that goes with the situation as well as one view of the incident through his own eyes.

Everyone else gets to watch it in slow motion, multiple times, from every angle and then pass judgement on the guy based on nothing more than their opinion which generally appears to be formed from a very limited knowledge of the law, very limited understanding of police training and procedures, with just a fraction of the facts.

I'll be interested in what happens in the end, when the full facts are presented.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Aren't we all doing that? To an extent? 

I'm just putting across my viewpoint. 

Good job it's not an actual police drama though. I'd have thought these officers would be trained to keep their cool in high pressure environments... 

Controlled aggression, so to speak, and not letting your emotions get the better of you (ie not seeking revenge and acting like being above the law). 

But this is the UK so any other countries' policing is a moot point, with all due respect. 

See above for the keeping a cool head stuff. Thankfully these kinds of events and incidents are few and far between because I'd like to think the stark majority of police, armed or not, can act by keeping their aggression and emotion in check despite being verbally or physically abused for doing their job. 

But Stan this wasn’t a Saturday night incident where a drunken arse calls you a Cnut or takes a swing at you, this was a full on and cowardly assault. One of the men sucker punched a copper in the head whilst he had his back to him, and broke a female police officers nose.

Can you imagine the adrenaline and confusion following an attack like that, think it’s fair to say you would be a trifle pissed.

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

Your third paragraph says that the role is underpaid and extremely difficult (please pass my thanks to your sister), and I agree with you here, but your second paragraph suggests that if a cop makes a wrong decision in one of these physically and mentally stressful situations, they should be criminally prosecuted and be likely to lose their job and potentially go to prison.

I love all these armchair contributors believing that cops should be some sort of emotionless, robotic superhumans.

thats my view, i do think the officer in question may well lose his job, well the one we see him doing atm, hes more than likely still going to be within the police but not front line stuff, maybe desk work or something like that, but could be anything given the police force isnt swimming with numbers

i certainly think the 2 men who started it all should have action taken against them and hopefully they will

on the last comment, people can think that tbf; but if you talk to them, even at football they are just regular people, but regular people wearing a massive heavy load of gearlol

6 minutes ago, nnfox said:

This is turning into a proper VAR situation. 

The officer is the one who was doing the job of putting himself in harm's way.  He makes a decision in the heat of the moment where everything is being played out one time at full speed.  He has all the noise and commotion that goes with the situation as well as one view of the incident through his own eyes.

Everyone else gets to watch it in slow motion, multiple times, from every angle and then pass judgement on the guy based on nothing more than their opinion which generally appears to be formed from a very limited knowledge of the law, very limited understanding of police training and procedures, with just a fraction of the facts.

I'll be interested in what happens in the end, when the full facts are presented.

He stamped on his head lol

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

But Stan this wasn’t a Saturday night incident where a drunken arse calls you a Cnut or takes a swing at you, this was a full on and cowardly assault. One of the men sucker punched a copper in the head whilst he had his back to him, and broke a female police officers nose.

Can you imagine the adrenaline and confusion following an attack like that, think it’s fair to say you would be a trifle pissed.

I don't disagree at all. I know emotions run high and decisions are made in the heat of the moment, within a split second. 

But I think it's fair to mention that these are highly-trained professionals, no doubt experienced in their role. All it takes is a moment of calm, perhaps also a split second, to not kick and stamp on someone's head when they're prone on the floor and not even looking at you, despite what's happened moments before. 

10 minutes ago, nnfox said:

which generally appears to be formed from a very limited knowledge of the law, very limited understanding of police training and procedures, with just a fraction of the facts.

I'm not sure, on this point, where the law allows for the police to kick and stamp on someone's head. 

Happy to be corrected!! 

• Like 4