Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

10 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I think they're ****ing idiots but they're caught between a rock and a hard place a little bit. By and large, your every man is simply not taking climate change remotely seriously enough, and I include myself in that. Not nearly enough are engaging with any kind of climate change propaganda (for want of a better word). 

They want people to take notice of it as an issue – how do they do it in a non-antagonistic way when it goes over so many people's heads? That's what they need to figure out and its a borderline impossible task.

You can still disrupt things that DON'T impact the general public just trying to go about their day. Whether that's disrupting government, small but high profile events etc. Glue yourself to stone henge if you want, or the gates of No. 10. 

Picking traffic and flights etc is something everyone is going to hate you for whether they are stuck in it or not. 

38 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Absolute hypocrites the lot of them. It's always middle class protesters shouting do as I say not as I do. It's not protesting anymore It's disruption and causing chaos.i understand there upset and want to bring their cause to the forefront and get as much attention and publicity as they can. It's the sheer utter hypocrisy of these people I can't stand.

Hope they cycled to Gatwick for the protest 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

If the Green Party are not radical enough for them why don't they form a new party to win support via the ballot box. They can still protest without causing disruption or vandalism. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

You can still disrupt things that DON'T impact the general public just trying to go about their day. Whether that's disrupting government, small but high profile events etc. Glue yourself to stone henge if you want, or the gates of No. 10. 

Picking traffic and flights etc is something everyone is going to hate you for whether they are stuck in it or not. 

I don't disagree with either of these by the way - as mentioned I think they're broadly being idiots and having a negative effect on their cause — was a genuine question as to how they get people engaging with climate change in a way that doesn't make people think they're prats  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

Some yes no doubt, but as expected the lefty luvvies and commie worshipping anti-protestors will have you believe it was the 2nd coming of the 3rd Reich lol

Just laugh at this point pal. Clowns calling you a racist, nazi, bigot etc etc etc because you don't share the same viewpoints or agree on certain topics mean absolutely nothing now:beer:

Very true, a lot of them seem to get all man childish if anyone dares have a difference of opinion or belief to there’s, and not just necessarily in the quoted topic above 😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, StanSP said:

Don't disagree that they viciously attacked the police officers. Not sure anyone actually is. 

The fact he had been 'temporarily incapacitated' by a Taser was the perfect opportunity to permanently restrain him in handcuffs and reduce all kind of threat. Nullify him, deal with the others as appropriate i.e. Arrest them too or disperse them away from the scene. 

The fact he had 2 Tasers being pointed at him (I think, after the initial Taser) meant he could have been incapacitated even further. 

You say he had to do whatever necessary to neutralise the threat. He already had done so. Therefore proving (?) that the kick and stamp were excessive, surely? 

As for not being shot to death, you're reaching there I think! 

This is a very difficult case IMO, we are all commenting having been able to see the video and see the scene as it unfolded. Let's remember that the people there don't have that view or a rewind button. 

The policeman has already been attacked by 3/4 different people (depends whether you include the mother putting hands on him), has absolutely no idea if anyone else is going to go for him. He's been smacked goodness knows how mant times, has people screaming and shouting around him.

He doesn't have eyes in the back of his head to see the other Policewoman with her taser out, won't know it's still attached even if he happens to see the cables in the comotion. He's already discharged his own taser on another attacker.  Depends on the model but many police still use single shot tasers, so holding a taser doesn't mean it has another discharge or that it will work. Then we have to rememeber that this is in a secure area, I think most people know you don't f*** about at airports as their tollerance for stuff is far lower. 

It might seem excesive force to us all sat here, but if I was in the process of being attacked by three people, my personal tolerance for what's excessive would probably be raised a bit. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, StanSP said:

I don't disagree at all. I know emotions run high and decisions are made in the heat of the moment, within a split second. 

But I think it's fair to mention that these are highly-trained professionals, no doubt experienced in their role. All it takes is a moment of calm, perhaps also a split second, to not kick and stamp on someone's head when they're prone on the floor and not even looking at you, despite what's happened moments before. 

You don't get trained to take a dozen punches to the head or getting your nose broken. All the training the world doesn't actually prepare you for getting punched does it. 

And he did look at him, the kick came as the guy started moving and looked in that direction, not that it makes that much difference. 

Just now, Lionator said:

22% pay rise for doctors is disgusting considering the supposed financial problems of the state. 

Would you like to elaborate?

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

Would you like to elaborate?

It’s going to cause a lot of friction, seeing already well paid doctors get a huge above inflation pay rise, through tax rises that weren’t within manifestos. 

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This is a very difficult case IMO, we are all commenting having been able to see the video and see the scene as it unfolded. Let's remember that the people there don't have that view or a rewind button. 

The policeman has already been attacked by 3/4 different people (depends whether you include the mother putting hands on him), has absolutely no idea if anyone else is going to go for him. He's been smacked goodness knows how mant times, has people screaming and shouting around him.

He doesn't have eyes in the back of his head to see the other Policewoman with her taser out, won't know it's still attached even if he happens to see the cables in the comotion. He's already discharged his own taser on another attacker.  Depends on the model but many police still use single shot tasers, so holding a taser doesn't mean it has another discharge or that it will work. Then we have to rememeber that this is in a secure area, I think most people know you don't f*** about at airports as their tollerance for stuff is far lower. 

It might seem excesive force to us all sat here, but if I was in the process of being attacked by three people, my personal tolerance for what's excessive would probably be raised a bit. 

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You don't get trained to take a dozen punches to the head or getting your nose broken. All the training the world doesn't actually prepare you for getting punched does it. 

And he did look at him, the kick came as the guy started moving and looked in that direction, not that it makes that much difference. 

All fair points and over the past 48hrs or so have been sensibly debated. 

The only thing I'd raise slight umbrage to is the 'has absolutely no idea anyone else is going to come for him'. In fact, I agree with this and understand it. But this wouldn't be a satisfactory defence to kick the one person you know about in the head, and then follow it up with a stamp. That in itself doesn't stop another member of the public from hitting you or attacking you. 

In terms of the training, I imagine there's a strong element of self-defence practice and training involved. I appreciate no one gets trained to have a broken nose per se, but the training most would get is more about reducing risk and injury to yourself and colleagues and the reactive element in any given situation. To me, they'd already addressed it with the Tasers.

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It’s going to cause a lot of friction, seeing already well paid doctors get a huge above inflation pay rise, through tax rises that weren’t within manifestos. 

We're paid like arse.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This is a good summary. 

I mean if you go about assulting an armed officer what do you expect? I'm not for all out violence for no reason, the but full footage shows a different perspective. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

All fair points and over the past 48hrs or so have been sensibly debated. 

The only thing I'd raise slight umbrage to is the 'has absolutely no idea anyone else is going to come for him'. In fact, I agree with this and understand it. But this wouldn't be a satisfactory defence to kick the one person you know about in the head, and then follow it up with a stamp. That in itself doesn't stop another member of the public from hitting you or attacking you. 

In terms of the training, I imagine there's a strong element of self-defence practice and training involved. I appreciate no one gets trained to have a broken nose per se, but the training most would get is more about reducing risk and injury to yourself and colleagues and the reactive element in any given situation. To me, they'd already addressed it with the Tasers.

True, but I bring this up because my reaction would be "I need to take this guy out because if I don't and someone else attacks, I'm in trouble". This is off the back of already been set upon by three different people. 

Some sort of reprimand is probably needed, but I'm really on the side of extreme situations mean extreme measures. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lionator said:

22% pay rise for doctors is disgusting considering the supposed financial problems of the state. 

No more than I would expect from a Labour Government spending money we haven't got. Deja vu!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It's staggered, back dated and also they've been paid pretty poorly considering what they do for a long time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Major incident in Liverpool - number of people have been stabbed, reports it was at a childrens nursey with children being the victims 

Sickening.

Iirc, this has happened before in a different area of the UK around a few months ago?

The bigger the pay rises for the Doctors, Nurses etc., the more a financial divide between them and the non-clinical staff like those working in Administration, Portering etc in healthcare.

Personally think the junior drs pay rise is about right. It's staggered over a total three years I believe (last year, this year and next year). 

They work alot of hours in a very important and demanding role. It's a much needed shot in the arm for the profession tbh

19 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

No more than I would expect from a Labour Government spending money we haven't got. Deja vu!!

We’re one of the worlds largest economies, we can afford to pay our doctors and nurses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Major incident in Liverpool - number of people have been stabbed, reports it was at a childrens nursey with children being the victims 

This sort of thing is happening far too often now, it's incomprehensible. It's usually teenagers or people being stabbed but now psychos are going after young children. Enough is enough. Tougher sentences, build more prisons and super prisons. I don't care if the perpetrators scream mental health I am sick of this happening on a seemingly regular basis.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Do they think people are sat in a traffic jam are thinking "wow they are right, I should give my my car to give the planet" or are they sat there despising everything to do with them. 

It's not getting ANYONE on side, to make a difference you need the people on your side.

Raise as much awareness as you want, but if you are hated and despised by the masses it has zero impact. The people aren't going to pressure the government, they are going to cheer you getting run over and put in prison for half a decade. 

100%, none of them are thinking they should give their their car to give the planet. :thumbup:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Merseyside Police statement:

We can confirm that emergency services are in Southport following a major incident this morning, Monday 29 July.

At around 11.50am, we were called to a property on Hart Street to reports of a stabbing.

There are a number of reported casualties and more details will be confirmed when possible.

Armed police have detained a male and seized a knife. He has been taken to a police station.

Please avoid the area while we deal with this incident. There is no wider threat to the public.