Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

20 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Reserving comment on Southport until we know the full details.

As a parent to a young child though, it's absolutely horrifying. I cannot begin to imagine the pain. 

In the same boat. Had a career that I thought had numbed me to most of the evil shit that goes on in the world, but stuff like this hits differently now I'm a dad.

Southport's such a lovely place for children too. We're hoping to take our daughter for her first day at the beach there soon.

Grim beyond words.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I don’t think it’ll be long until Israel uses nukes to be honest. 

The yanks will ensure that doesn’t happen, even if Israel’s very existence was really threatened.  A country surrounded by neighbours who really don’t want it there - I guess their nuclear capability is the ultimate deterrent. 

• Like 1

There’s the allegation online that the police are covering up who did it by saying he was originally from Cardiff, when the reality is that was where he was ‘settled’ a year ago. Not good. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

The WFP is a mere drop in the ocean when you consider what this 22% increase to the nation will be.

And it won't stop there as other Trade Unions will be lining up to. You just wait for the RMT to get going for one.

So you also must think that pensioners who are no longer contributing to the health & wealth of the country should also not have been getting a 22% increase over 3 years.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

How can you prevent such tragic events happening in the first place, especially as the culprit is very young?

I think it's quite simple, isn't it?

Edited by adejo92

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Have another go. Third time lucky?

Third time lucky is the hope of a U-turn when the great masses who have given so much to this country revolt.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Lionator said:

What are we suggesting, a ban on new asylum seekers? Rounding up ones who already live here? Too soft? 

It's one of many reasons the country is broken. 

It would be completely unfair to blame the state of this country on asylum, as whilst many bring absolutely nothing but debt to this country, there are many that contribute hugely to the country.

The country is just broken in so many ways. How many white British people claim benefits & disability because they can't be bothered to go to work?

It's not a race thing.

Edited by adejo92

2 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Clearly it’s a bloody difficult balancing act.

I believe Junior Doctors are paid anywhere between £30,000 to £60,000 - around the level of train drivers (with some drivers on more).

The award is also based across 3 pay periods (think it’s something like 4%, 8% and 9%) and aim’s to rectify not only the higher inflation years but the public sector pay freeze years ago too - so the headline figure makes it look a lot different than it actually is.

That said - people (generally) don’t do detail so it is a deal that is likely to cause Labour some headaches, especially as it moves along to different public sectors pay deals (good luck with getting the teachers to agree to 5% now!).

But coming back to this pay dispute - if you don’t have enough (Junior) Doctors which cross section of the public is going to lose out most… probably pensioners.

Now let’s consider, out of public expenditure, which cross section of the public has the biggest public expenditure demands… that’s likely to be pensioners again (£138 billion is earmarked for the state pension alone in 2024/25).

So is this a fair trade off? 

Naturally every individual can make there own minds up based on lived experience over the coming years - but Labour’s basic assumptions must be that it will be deemed fair enough by enough people in 5 years time.

No issue with Junior Doctors it’s just not a good look. 

I’ve never forgiven Gordon Brown for abolishing the 10% income tax rate in 2007  and adamantly stating that no one would be worse off, when everyone could work out the lowest paid would take the biggest hit. I turned my back on the Labour Party for over a decade after that. 

When it comes to the Labour Party punching  down on the poorest in society I can easily turn my back on them again. 

49 minutes ago, Lionator said:

There’s the allegation online that the police are covering up who did it by saying he was originally from Cardiff, when the reality is that was where he was ‘settled’ a year ago. Not good. 

Would the press be correct in asking the question as to the original background of the person under arrest ?

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

How can you prevent such tragic events happening in the first place, especially as the culprit is very young?

do whatever countries where this doesn't happen do, I guess

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Screenshot_20240729_211608_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 2

Just now, Spiritwalker said:

Tragic crazy shit like this can happen in any country.

It happens more in some countries than others though. There must be reasons why that is, societal and political differences in countries with higher and lower rates of violent crime and murder.

Difficult to say now obviously because we don't have a lot of details. But I hope when the facts are known we can have an honest discussion about why as a society we seem to be experiencing more incidents like this beyond simply 'mental health'.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Screenshot_20240729_211608_Samsung Internet.jpg

The country is at tipping point and at the point of spill over IMO, the growth of the reform party is just the start - some of my family are legal immigrants, and I have many friends from all walks of life races and backgrounds  - I’m lost as to the answer to the problem that is mass illegal immigration, this needs to be labours top priority over the coming 12 months. It won’t matter the identity of who did this heinous thing today - people will draw their own conclusions. Smashing the gangs is just not the answer and weak, the government needs to be stronger than that 

The loss of a child is a pain that I wouldn’t  wish upon anyone. It’s such a numbing, empty feeling that is like no other pain I have ever known. To have lost a child in such a horrific way is incomprehensible and I don’t know how these poor parents will carry on. We send our children to these holiday clubs hoping they’ll have the best time and come home talking absolute nonsense about their day. Instead these poor children and parents have had their lives changed forever in the blink of an eye. 

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Not far off deleting X tonight. Perfect example of leaving it unmoderated to then harvest an acceptance of racism, untruths and conspiracies. 

Utter trash 

Left it not long after Musk took it over and changed its name,  glad I'm out of that cess pit.

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Not far off deleting X tonight. Perfect example of leaving it unmoderated to then harvest an acceptance of racism, untruths and conspiracies. 

Utter trash 

Absolute cesspit of a place.