Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

This war in the middle east reminds me of the turmoils in the genocide that India did in Punjab against the Sikhs in 1984.  I get the pain Israelis felt and the want to revenge,  really hope it all ends soon, at least the Israeli's aren't raping women Infront of there family members like the Indian's did.

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Careful - you’ll get a job at the bbc ! 

the Israeli military want the hospital empty of the civilians sheltering there and only with injured and staff so they can try and deal with Hamas either in the surrounding buildings or below ground there,

they may decide that they can enter with crack squads and try to find the access to tunnels that they think exist if the civilians are evacuated and the injured moved to upper floors 

I read that Israel will facilitate the movement of babies from the paediatric dept at Al shifa to other safer hospitals tomorrow (not sure how that will work unless there is a safe route to the east of the hospital without Hamas snipers able to target them ). 

Sadly this is not going to end soon. 

The thing I’m finding difficult is that we are apparently learning of this strategic approach 3 weeks (?) after the event. 

After October 7, Israel would (and I say this with caution given what has happened since) in some respect want revenge. That alongside a genuine want to destroy their enemy, Hamas. With the cabinet containing some dangerous individuals that want to eradicate their enemy and inflict some sort of revenge would have been a real risk. 

As a result, the initial response in this war would’ve (again, understandingly) have clouded judgement. A number of bombings (very intense and.destructive bombing) has created carnage. The rhetoric and more so, the words used (you still get idiotic Israeli politician) has changed somewhat. From “human animals” to “here we are creating aid avenues”. 

Why now is Al Shifa the strategic strong hold - what about all the other “targets”. 

I think what I am trying  to say is this conflict between the parties. Will have been filled with emotion. It will continue to be. Strategy, I would say on 7th Oct and for at least the first week thereafter had little or no strategic thought from either side - and I can understand. Where I think parties should not, without doubt be forgiven is the “allies”. Instead of using genuine diplomacy to avoid what I would call an attack of revenge and strategy, the US, UK and Iran have combined to another monumental **** up and created an environment where resolution. Will exist for many years. Where your mate wants to rip lumps out of a guy who’s thrown a punch at him. You have two choices, egg him on to tear him apart or do what you can to calm it down. The latter is what genuine strategic partners should’ve been doing with Israel (they rightly don’t speak with Hamas) immediately after 7 Oct. Instead we have 2 weak leaders thinking of votes and funding.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Wasn’t so much about the march being a hate march imo - she (and others) implied that the march might be used by some as cover to cause issues around the cenotaph. Which was very unlikely to happen.   Tommy Robinson and his mates have no time for Israel and Jews - an actual full on ‘hate march’ against these two entities is more likely to be joined by them! 

Until someone more or less suggested it.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The thing I’m finding difficult is that we are apparently learning of this strategic approach 3 weeks (?) after the event. 

After October 7, Israel would (and I say this with caution given what has happened since) in some respect want revenge. That alongside a genuine want to destroy their enemy, Hamas. With the cabinet containing some dangerous individuals that want to eradicate their enemy and inflict some sort of revenge would have been a real risk. 

As a result, the initial response in this war would’ve (again, understandingly) have clouded judgement. A number of bombings (very intense and.destructive bombing) has created carnage. The rhetoric and more so, the words used (you still get idiotic Israeli politician) has changed somewhat. From “human animals” to “here we are creating aid avenues”. 

Why now is Al Shifa the strategic strong hold - what about all the other “targets”. 

I think what I am trying  to say is this conflict between the parties. Will have been filled with emotion. It will continue to be. Strategy, I would say on 7th Oct and for at least the first week thereafter had little or no strategic thought from either side - and I can understand. Where I think parties should not, without doubt be forgiven is the “allies”. Instead of using genuine diplomacy to avoid what I would call an attack of revenge and strategy, the US, UK and Iran have combined to another monumental **** up and created an environment where resolution. Will exist for many years. Where your mate wants to rip lumps out of a guy who’s thrown a punch at him. You have two choices, egg him on to tear him apart or do what you can to calm it down. The latter is what genuine strategic partners should’ve been doing with Israel (they rightly don’t speak with Hamas) immediately after 7 Oct. Instead we have 2 weak leaders thinking of votes and funding.

Irrespective of all the emotions involved, BN declared that Israel would destroy Hamas.   I suspect his generals weren’t particularly happy with that. it seems clear that Israel believe the area below Al shifa to be very important. Whether they’re right or not we dont know.  There was some talk that sinwar is in this area below ground. That would explain why this particular tunnel structure seems so important to the IDF. 

but netenyahu backed himself into a political corner - I wonder if he would try and spin the death or capture of sinwar and the release of all the hostages still alive as meeting his declared aims (if remaining. Hamas fighters also appear to leave Gaza). But then why would Hamas agree to that unless iran and Qatar tell them they have to in order to save thousands more Palestinian lives.  Reality and apparent reality aren’t so different when it comes to politics. 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Tommy Robinson and his mates have no time for Israel and Jews - an actual full on ‘hate march’ against these two entities is more likely to be joined by them! 

Tommy and his EDL cronies have attended pro Israel marches and been very vocal regarding their support for the Israeli regime. You often see Israeli flags at their demonstrations too. 
They’re a proper confused bunch. Known for their anti-global (Jewish) rhetoric and antisemitic beliefs too. 
They’re not smart, that’s for sure 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I think there might be a bit of  a warning involved also to try and deter Hamas from trying something similar again… it won’t work of course..

It’s the Israeli mindset I believe, they feel that Hamas bare full responsibility for civilian casualties simply because they are using their own citizens as human shields. And it’s a great propaganda win for them, when Israel  end up killing civilians. There are reports coming out of Gaza city from regular citizens  saying that Hamas are preventing them from leaving.. Hamas leaders going on Camera saying they ‘ need the blood ‘ of their own women and children.

its all very harrowing 😣 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Quite struggled with social media yesterday with the Yaxley- Lennon march. The videos that come with it, mainly ones of scum abusing people throughout the day are vile. 

How can people have so much hate.

A tanked-up prat screeching "WHERE'S YOUR FVCKING POPPY!" at police officers. We should scrap Armistice Day if that's what it's become about for even a single person. A day that's truly lost its meaning.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

A tanked-up prat screeching "WHERE'S YOUR FVCKING POPPY!" at police officers. We should scrap Armistice Day if that's what it's become about for even a single person. A day that's truly lost its meaning.

Sadly hijacked by these morons a long time ago. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Blokes that hate anything and everything that is different.

Abhorrent people.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Blokes that hate anything and everything that is different.

Abhorrent people.

Just saw that on twitter myself, it’s unbelievably. They are absolute thick twats. It’s also easier not to have so much hate. 

The lack of any knowledge or self awareness in that video is staggering really isn't it, sort of folk that would describe Anders Brevik and Thomas Mair as murderers not terrorists. 

Can someone also explain to me, how the EDL can be so proud of being English, ignoring the fact the empire imposed it's values and cultures throughout the colonies when their main issue is people apparently trying to do that here.

Also a fella wearing an Arsenal shirt, do you reckon he has given the numerous Muslim players who've played for them grief over the years? He definitely plays the "you're alright for one of them" card. 

18 minutes ago, Corky said:

We're talking about people who simultaneously wear poppies and have swastika tattoos.

I saw a few swastika inspired placards at the peace march yesterday 

fortunately it was a massive minority (and those I saw photos of did not seem to be in the hands of Muslims who I believe appreciate the nuances) , but it does reveal that some pretty ugly anti semites were drawn to the event  

the French have a march this afternoon against anti semitism and marine Le Penn is attending. the left are not.  The way that traditional left/right seems to be re aligning on the ‘anti semitism ticket’ is strange to say the least. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Izzy said:

We talk about these EDL people being full of hate but actually they're scared.

They're quite clearly in 'fight' mode which is a threat response.

For whatever reason, they feel threatened and are therefore fearful.

The clue is in the title English ‘Defence” League. You only feel the need to ‘defend’ yourself if your brain thinks you’re under attack.

(and sadly they're not intelligent enough to think rationally)

The people at the top are psychopaths and manipulators, but you’re right in that the rank and file are driven by fear, because that’s how they’ve been recruited.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Izzy said:

We talk about these EDL people being full of hate but actually they're scared.

They're quite clearly in 'fight' mode which is a threat response.

For whatever reason, they feel threatened and are therefore fearful.

The clue is in the title English ‘Defence” League. You only feel the need to ‘defend’ yourself if your brain thinks you’re under attack.

(and sadly they're not intelligent enough to think rationally)

What do they think they're under attack from lol

For the only reason in that it'd be amusing to see how they react, imagine if Nazis did come back and threaten or attack England. Who's side would they be on? Defending England but also have the same ideals and symbols lol

Part of me thinks they wouldn't even see the irony of it all at that moment... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

The lack of any knowledge or self awareness in that video is staggering really isn't it, sort of folk that would describe Anders Brevik and Thomas Mair as murderers not terrorists. 

Can someone also explain to me, how the EDL can be so proud of being English, ignoring the fact the empire imposed it's values and cultures throughout the colonies when their main issue is people apparently trying to do that here.

Also a fella wearing an Arsenal shirt, do you reckon he has given the numerous Muslim players who've played for them grief over the years? He definitely plays the "you're alright for one of them" card. 

Absolute morons, completely incoherent. If they had been American, they would have stormed the Capitol for Trump on Jan 6th. 

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

For the only reason in that it'd be amusing to see how they react, imagine if Nazis did come back and threaten or attack England. Who's side would they be on? Defending England but also have the same ideals and symbols lol

They’d be on the side of the Nazis; they think they’re under attack from Islam.

*I mean, they always think they’re under attack from someone. It’s why they’ve hated the Jews and the Communists for decades. But right now it’s Islam.

Edited by Dunge

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They would see Hitler as the saviour and welcome Nazi occupation with open arms I’d imagine 

2 minutes ago, Dunge said:

They’d be on the side of the Nazis; they think they’re under attack from Islam.

It’s sad but true.

Their Neanderthal, tribal, brains are scared of others who are different to them.

We talk about money/religion/politics being the reason for the world’s problems but fear is always the driver.

The world will only heal itself when we learn to love and accept each others differences rather than think they’re a threat to us.

• Like 1

After (rather stupidly) spending a bit of time on X this morning thinking what the hell has happened to this country. Thank you to all of you who have commented in this thread this morning who have shown X is just a cesspit of a minority of loser ❤️ and does not by any means show the true thoughts of the majority of the population. 

• Like 4