Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

23 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It’s the most unstable I remember the western world being. I miss the heady optimistic days of the third way in the 00s and 90s. Feels like “the long peace” and “the end of history” long since gone. Genuinely think WW3 is a possibility in my lifetime now which I would’ve laughed at 10 years ago. 

Also 15 years ago I was optimistic about how the internet would bring the world closer together, but it’s got to the point where I think the internet is bad for humanity overall. Too much information out there for human society to deal with what’s true and what isn’t 

I hate to say it but I've seen a lot going around that we basically peaked in 2000 and it's been downhill since. I'm, sadly, inclined to agree. 

14 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Third time lucky is the hope of a U-turn when the great masses who have given so much to this country revolt.

I'll give you a clue. The over-65s have almost single-handedly inflicted them on the public for the last 14 years.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Lionator said:

Can you provide evidence to support that as that really isn’t the case?

https://centreformigrationcontrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/5-THE-COSTS-OF-MIGRATION.pdf 

feel free to have a look through this report and it goes further than this, I’d recommend looking through the amount of council and social housing taking up through migrants. We are a welfare state which is highly desirable to be taken advantage of 

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

23 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I hate to say it but I've seen a lot going around that we basically peaked in 2000 and it's been downhill since. I'm, sadly, inclined to agree. 

I wonder how the history books will write this “era”. To me it feels like a it began with the 2007/08 financial crash. At least in the western world that feels like beginning of the period of instability.

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I wonder how the history books will write this “era”. To me it feels like a it began with the 2007/08 financial crash. At least in the western world that feels like beginning of the period of instability.

Think 9/11 was realistically the beginning more specifically the Iraqi and Afghani wars

49 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Also 15 years ago I was optimistic about how the internet would bring the world closer together, but it’s got to the point where I think the internet is bad for humanity overall. Too much information out there for human society to deal with what’s true and what isn’t 

I think it's been obvious for a while that the problem with social media is conflict and radicalization much more than 'misinformation'. Which leads to people treating elections or referenda like football matches where winning is all that matters, even if what they win makes them worse off.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Don't know about anyone else, but if someone sent me an unsolicited Cat A image of child abuse I'd probably be on the phone to the police.

Cat B and C too come to that.

Wasn't the whole to-do about him being on a webcam and paying some lad to do stuff. So I presume the "pictures" he's created are the webcam video. Whether he knew the persons age is obviously for the old bill to find out. I'm guessing the delay has been them doing just that. 

Just now, Babylon said:

Wasn't the whole to-do about him being on a webcam and paying some lad to do stuff. So I presume the "pictures" he's created are the webcam video. Whether he knew the persons age is obviously for the old bill to find out. I'm guessing the delay has been them doing just that. 

"Child abuse images are graded by trained officers who assign them a category based on their content:

• category A – images involving penetrative sexual activity, sexual activity with an animal or sadism;
  • category B – images involving non-penetrative sexual activity; and
  • category C – other indecent images not falling into categories A or B, but it must not depict any  sexual activity."

Source

He has been charged with all three. That's not just watching a lad tug his meat online.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

"Child abuse images are graded by trained officers who assign them a category based on their content:

• category A – images involving penetrative sexual activity, sexual activity with an animal or sadism;
  • category B – images involving non-penetrative sexual activity; and
  • category C – other indecent images not falling into categories A or B, but it must not depict any  sexual activity."

Source

He has been charged with all three. That's not just watching a lad tug his meat online.

I can't believe I'm about to write this! But would A also include errm...  the lad sticking something up his arse.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d recommend people listen to the Nick Clegg interview with Alistair Campbell and Rory Stewart. Even if I don’t think I can forgive Clegg it’s an interesting interview. 

He talks about the world being in a tension between the globalisation of technology and the economy and the de-globalisation of politics. And that a lot of the tension is coming from people trying to elect officials on get control of things it’s impossible to control and that the left-right electoral divide of the market vs the state has been replaced by electoral age divides which also gives populists plenty of fodder. 

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

A third child has died from the Southport attack.

Sigh... my kid went to his first-ever summer camp today. The thought of something like this happening to your child, any child for that matter, is just sickening to the core. I'd be filled with anger beyond comprehension and would want to rip the c*** to pieces. 

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

A third child has died from the Southport attack.

Damn :(

So sad that one child died, let alone 3. Fingers crossed everyone else survives, including the two adults. Read about them earlier trying to be in the way of the attacker and the children. 

For the surviving children and parents life has changed forever, how do you let your kids out of sight after this? The children will be mentally scarred for the rest of their life. So many things to consider.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

For the surviving children and parents life has changed forever, how do you let your kids out of sight after this? The children will be mentally scarred for the rest of their life. So many things to consider.

And unfortunately the media wlll be after them too .

:(

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

https://centreformigrationcontrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/5-THE-COSTS-OF-MIGRATION.pdf 

feel free to have a look through this report and it goes further than this, I’d recommend looking through the amount of council and social housing taking up through migrants. We are a welfare state which is highly desirable to be taken advantage of 

The centre for migration control is obviously going to be incredibly biased and manipulative of any statistics to meet their cause. 

I do agree with the social housing situation though, although I wouldnt blame migrants for this, rather our complete inability to build and develop any social housing over the past 20 years. 

• Like 2

What an awful start to the week news wise. 

There is allegedly a far right group threatening to protest in Southport tonight because of that name and info on the suspected murderer. The police are now trying to head that off at the pass by telling everyone the name being floated on Twitter is incorrect and that they were born in Cardiff and aren't a small boat crossing immigrant. 

The rise of the far right, especially on Twitter, is starting to concern me to be honest. Feels like the tinderbox is ready and one spark is going to cause a heck of a lot of shit. 

image.thumb.png.9eea2a1cc3217c96779434a3581a7fc8.png

Edited by ramboacdc
Edit: Adding Photo
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Little Owen is taking a right battering this week - and I'm completely there for it lol

Lived in Caracas for three years and I can confidently state that absolutely everything is corrupt, chaotic and in perpetual decline. Everything.

But getting votes cast to add up to 136% is some going :clap:

• Haha 1