Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Little Owen is taking a right battering this week - and I'm completely there for it lol

Lived in Caracas for three years and I can confidently state that absolutely everything is corrupt, chaotic and in perpetual decline. Everything.

But getting votes cast to add up to 136% is some going :clap:

Oh brilliant. Another one.

Cacerolas have been the opposition's only way of protesting the electoral corruption for two decades without being shot dead. 

GTuFbqMXAAAullS.png

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I don’t think there will be civil unrest because when it comes down to it, British people are gutless. What are they gonna do, smash up KFC like they did in town in 2009?

What you'll get is some crack pots doing "revenge" attacks... then it really will lead to chaos when you have two lots on the streets. 

29 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The centre for migration control is obviously going to be incredibly biased and manipulative of any statistics to meet their cause. 

I do agree with the social housing situation though, although I wouldnt blame migrants for this, rather our complete inability to build and develop any social housing over the past 20 years. 

I think the lack of decent council housing since a lot of stock has been sold off and not replaced has contributed to the social problems of the country 

Problem is for Starmer I think is his whole election campaign was ruling things out and saying he wouldn’t change things. So he talked himself out of basically pulling any lever he could to help improve the economy without people saying he broke his promises. 

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Think 9/11 was realistically the beginning more specifically the Iraqi and Afghani wars

I have long thought this and seen comments that 9/11 is the "cultural" end to the 20th century.

16 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Oh brilliant. Another one.

Cacerolas have been the opposition's only way of protesting the electoral corruption for two decades without being shot dead. 

GTuFbqMXAAAullS.png

I almost regret mildly taking the piss out of him five years ago, which resulted in him instantly blocking me and thereby denying me access to his, um, 'unique' take on the world...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

https://centreformigrationcontrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/5-THE-COSTS-OF-MIGRATION.pdf 

feel free to have a look through this report and it goes further than this, I’d recommend looking through the amount of council and social housing taking up through migrants. We are a welfare state which is highly desirable to be taken advantage of 

Shock horror a campaigning organisation produces a report showing the costs of supporting some migrants.

In no way does this report your initial statement in any case.

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/the-fiscal-impact-of-immigration-in-the-uk/

This independent organisations report is way more balanced and show a very different picture.

9 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

Shock horror a campaigning organisation produces a report showing the costs of supporting some migrants.

In no way does this report your initial statement in any case.

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/the-fiscal-impact-of-immigration-in-the-uk/

This independent organisations report is way more balanced and show a very different picture.

This shows that migrants from Europe have a more positive fiscal impact. And migration from the EU is now net negative.

31 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I have long thought this and seen comments that 9/11 is the "cultural" end to the 20th century.

I think 9/11 definitely kickstarted the fears on immigration/terrorism and why western countries became obsessed with border control and security (although the 2010 migrant crisis probably did more for this.

I think the 07/08 financial crisis kickstarted the economic problems which exacerbated these issues as people have stopped seeing their lives generally as improving and I think is what sewed the seeds for all these populist movements in the west. 

Edited by Sampson

27 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Ah the long 20th century! Like Sampson I think 2008 is probably a more logical end point but I think you could also argue for 2016, 2020 and the pandemic, or even 2022 and the invasion of Ukraine.

BBC News - Warrant issued for Katie Price's arrest 

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cne4k0w1m1ko

More good news. How you can owe people nearly £4m and constantly and blatantly disregard the court bankruptcy process beggars belief.

Failed to turn up to court again due to being on holiday, again. At least she didn't try the Zoom call option again. Who the f@&k would think it's acceptable to do a Zoom call from the Maldives for your bankruptcy case! 

Although, I'm unsure if this warrant relates to bankruptcy one from 2019 or the new one this year for owing HMRC nearly £1m.

ETA - it's contempt for bankruptcy number one. 

Edited by FoyleFox

24 minutes ago, bovril said:

This shows that migrants from Europe have a more positive fiscal impact. And migration from the EU is now net negative.

I assume the second paragraph should have included a "non".  Even then you are taking in the full picture,  the report finds that in the short term that non EU migration to be a net negative,  though in the longer term it is still a net positive.  

23 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

I assume the second paragraph should have included a "non".  Even then you are taking in the full picture,  the report finds that in the short term that non EU migration to be a net negative,  though in the longer term it is still a net positive.  

No I mean that migration flow from the EU is now negative, i.e. more Europeans are leaving than coming. When as those stats show they were the most beneficial to the UK.

Although personally I don't think migration  should be presented solely as an economic issue. 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

At last some good news - Anjem Choudary has been jailed for life. 

Many years ago when I was at University, al-Muhajiroun were distributing leaflets on campus. At this time they were under the direction of Omar Bakri Mohammad who also founded Hizb ut-Tahrir in the UK. I took one to the students union (where they had a stand) and pointed out that they were hosting an extremist organisation promoting terrorism, homophobia, misogyny and anti-semitism. They asked for my name and course - and reported me to faculty for racism. 

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Many years ago when I was at University, al-Muhajiroun were distributing leaflets on campus. At this time they were under the direction of Omar Bakri Mohammad who also founded Hizb ut-Tahrir in the UK. I took one to the students union (where they had a stand) and pointed out that they were hosting an extremist organisation promoting terrorism, homophobia, misogyny and anti-semitism. They asked for my name and course - and reported me to faculty for racism. 

Thats absurd but probably not surprising the states of the Universities and their tick box exercises to include everyone and everything... 

53 minutes ago, bovril said:

No I mean that migration flow from the EU is now negative, i.e. more Europeans are leaving than coming. When as those stats show they were the most beneficial to the UK.

Although personally I don't think migration  should be presented solely as an economic issue. 

So another benefit of Brexit:whistle:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Hannah Arendt argues that the distinction between truth and lie can be eroded, over time, by "continual lying." When political leaders, institutions, the press, and respected figures habitually and continually state alternative facts, their lies—even if they are neither intended to be believed nor are believed—attack the very foundations of what Arendt calls the common world.  

"The result of a consistent and total substitution of lies for factual truth is not that the lies will now be accepted as truth, and the truth be defamed as lies, but that the sense by which we take our bearings in the real world—and the category of truth vs. falsehood is among the mental means to this end—is being destroyed." 

Have you ever watched any Adam Curtis documentaries? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpacedX said:

Jesus wept 

• Like 3