Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

52 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

They said it started because the idiots rioting thought he was Islamic, which he is not so they could have prevented it

It wouldn't have prevented idiots from the far right committing violence and riot for the sheer hell of being able to do so. They're all basically ignorant thugs in the same way Tommy Robinson's followers believe in what they represent is right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The answer is normally somewhere in the middle. 
Critical thinking is sparse. 
There is no excuse for the behaviour of those reacting badly in Southport, except they’ve been duped like the 5 million who voted for reform. 
We must engage with the working-class, rather than ostracise them further.

8 minutes ago, westernpark said:

The answer is normally somewhere in the middle. 
Critical thinking is sparse. 
There is no excuse for the behaviour of those reacting badly in Southport, except they’ve been duped like the 5 million who voted for reform. 
We must engage with the working-class, rather than ostracise them further.

I think we’re kinda past that point tbh 

Every video I’ve seen all I can hear are local accents angry and shouting so why is it being reported that the EDL (who literally no longer function as an organisation ) and ‘Far right’ are all over this? 

13 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Give in to your temptations.

I did.

I have a packet of sliced potatoes with bacon from Aldi that you fry up. Wife has gone to bed and I've opened a second bottle - no one can stop me.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Surprised he didn't mention his dad was a toolmaker so he understands what normal people are going through!. People wouldn't need to react if he and other politicians were pro active.

Further to my previous response... your post could imply that you might be one  such person that might attend such a gathering

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Every video I’ve seen all I can hear are local accents angry and shouting so why is it being reported that the EDL (who literally no longer function as an organisation ) and ‘Far right’ are all over this? 

Erm... because there's a significant number of far right fascist groups that continue to exist outside of the EDL?

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I did.

I have a packet of sliced potatoes with bacon from Aldi that you fry up. Wife has gone to bed and I've opened a second bottle - no one can stop me.

You throw temptation in my direction by this post. OK. One more glass. She'll be asleep, so why not?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Israel’s response to Saturday is to attempt to assassinate one of hezbollah’s top military men, (also wanted re the 1983 killing of 241 US marines) 

initially it was claimed that he had escaped the attack, leaving the building shortly before.  Now sources are quoted as saying he was killed.  I guess we’ll never actually know but there will be a huge funeral tomorrow.

if he had survived then it was hoped that hezbollahs response may not be so large. Now it’s said he has died, they will no doubt go big on an attack on Israel.  They had earlier managed to kill a civilian in a n kibbutz with a rocket that got through iron dome defences although that was just part of the daily exchange of fire.  if they do go big then how does the region avoid escalation to an all out conflict? 

If major escalation doesn’t start ww3  

It certainly has the potential to cause a major economic shock

19 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Hopefully it doesn't spread to Southampton and South Sheilds too.

Of course it will. It's only a matter of time pal and it won't stop. Even the town where i live which is quite small in number has a big issue with county lines, instances of stabbings and machete's being brandished, hotels full of scholars etc, but there are people in here that just have their blinkers on because it doesn't affect them (yet) and anyone remotely concerned about this sort of backwards behaviour and the continued kid gloves approach by the government (past and present) to the current problem via the channel means you are just a brownshirt and should just stop being a bigot.:rolleyes::whistle:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

If major escalation doesn’t start ww3  

It certainly has the potential to cause a major economic shock

We’re already suffering from the trade and inflationary affects of the Red Sea blockade by the Houthis

not sure a war in s Lebanon will make any difference 

BUT Iran will surely respond to haniyeh being assassinated on its territory. Israel has most definitely crossed a red line by killing him - they wouldn’t do it whilst he was living in Qatar because the USA consider Qatar an ally (for now). Thats potentially the number 2 or 3 in hezbollah and no 1 in Hamas both killed within 8 hours. 

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

They’ve now assassinated the leader of Hamas at his home in Tehran…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ck7g0g4mk4zo

Slight nuance - he lives in Qatar - but he visits his paymasters in Tehran so often that he seems to have ‘a home’ there too. (Assuming the beeb are correct on that one). 
EDIT: it seems the bbc have misinterpreted ‘residence’ in Iranian reports as being his home. It isn’t. It’s simply where he was staying. 

wonder how this affects Gaza - haniyeh was more of a political mastermind whereas sinwar is a master of all trades and may now be emboldened to go in a direction that haniyeh had told him was ‘out of bounds’. 

Edited by st albans fox