Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

the French have a march this afternoon against anti semitism and marine Le Penn is attending. the left are not.  The way that traditional left/right seems to be re aligning on the ‘anti semitism ticket’ is strange to say the least. 

Again, the term “antisemitism” has been hijacked by Israel and the right wing. If you are not pro Israeli government you are deemed antisemitic. The French left will never march with Le Pen whose own father, the founder of their party, has been convicted several times for hate speech including antisemitism. 
The left have been at the forefront of fighting antisemitism for years. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Just saw that on twitter myself, it’s unbelievably. They are absolute thick twats. It’s also easier not to have so much hate. 

Yup, they must really stew themselves, apes!*

*Apologies to apes.

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The world spends 2.2 TRILLION dollars a year on defence. 
Imagine if there was no threat and everyone laid down their arms instead.

Imagine what good all that money could do.

We live in fear and it costs us dearly.

The Beatles had it right, all you need is love.

If everyone just wants to live in peace, why is there so much war?

45 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

After (rather stupidly) spending a bit of time on X this morning thinking what the hell has happened to this country. Thank you to all of you who have commented in this thread this morning who have shown X is just a cesspit of a minority of loser ❤️ and does not by any means show the true thoughts of the majority of the population. 

It's the platform of choice for Donald Trump.

Nuff sed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I saw a few swastika inspired placards at the peace march yesterday 

fortunately it was a massive minority (and those I saw photos of did not seem to be in the hands of Muslims who I believe appreciate the nuances) , but it does reveal that some pretty ugly anti semites were drawn to the event  

the French have a march this afternoon against anti semitism and marine Le Penn is attending. the left are not.  The way that traditional left/right seems to be re aligning on the ‘anti semitism ticket’ is strange to say the least. 

The swastika is originally a sign of peace from the Aryan people. I bet if you go round @Raj's house you might well find one on his doorstep this time of year*.

The difference is that those swastikas have a dot in each arm. If it was those kind of swastikas, fine, though I'm sure that a few knew full well they would be taken the other way.

* If there is no swastika on Raj's doorstep, "Bad Hindu! Your mother, father, granny and all your aunties would be ashamed of you!"

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The world spends 2.2 TRILLION dollars a year on defence. 
Imagine if there was no threat and everyone laid down their arms instead.

Imagine what good all that money could do.

We live in fear and it costs us dearly.

The Beatles had it right, all you need is love.

Wish this was the case.

simply impossible mostly due to (some) human’s natures. 

9 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

The swastika is originally a sign of peace from the Aryan people. I bet if you go round @Raj's house you might well find one on his doorstep this time of year*.

The difference is that those swastikas have a dot in each arm. If it was those kind of swastikas, fine, though I'm sure that a few knew full well they would be taken the other way.

* If there is no swastika on Raj's doorstep, "Bad Hindu! Your mother, father, granny and all your aunties would be ashamed of you!"

Yep, walk around Belgrave and you'll see loads of them now and @StanSP will have a few too.👍🏾

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think in the face of appalling and reckless political pressure and appalling behaviour by a select few, the met police and its commissioner Rowley did a job they should be proud of. 

I think they were so under scrutiny they had no choice. It’s still a horrible corrupt organisation. 

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think in the face of appalling and reckless political pressure and appalling behaviour by a select few, the met police and its commissioner Rowley did a job they should be proud of. 

I don’t know why but I didn’t even know they were having the Lord Mayors show in the morning as well. They would have been well within their rights to cancel either that or the march considering the stretch on resources, and that’s before you get the Tommy Robinson thugs turning up and being as vile as expected.

44 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

I think they were so under scrutiny they had no choice. It’s still a horrible corrupt organisation. 

But they still had a job to do, and to do it efficiently under immense pressure thanks to Suella. There was no need for there to be so much pressure in advance of the weekend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It wasn’t - infact the worst example was a swastilka inserted into a Star of David to make an extremely offensive shape - I believe that the met are looking for this particular lady (according to twitter she’s a Labour councillor) 

2 hours ago, jgtuk said:

Again, the term “antisemitism” has been hijacked by Israel and the right wing. If you are not pro Israeli government you are deemed antisemitic. The French left will never march with Le Pen whose own father, the founder of their party, has been convicted several times for hate speech including antisemitism. 

The march in France is against anti Semitic incidents that have occurred there since the beginning of October  (like the woman in Lyon who opened her door and was stabbed) 

it should be noted that a swathe of star of David’s daubed on buildings in Paris was apparently the work of the Russian FSB !  

it’s not a competition between Muslims and Jews to see who can feel the most uncomfortable in their country but it often seems that it’s painted a such   I know people down here who won’t travel into central London on public transport because their fear being identified as Jewish.  The number of reported incidents (less than twenty a day) makes this unlikely to happen but you can understand their reticence. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It wasn’t - infact the worst example was a swastilka inserted into a Star of David to make an extremely offensive shape - I believe that the met are looking for this particular lady (according to twitter she’s a Labour councillor) 

The march in France is against anti Semitic incidents that have occurred there since the beginning of October  (like the woman in Lyon who opened her door and was stabbed) 

it should be noted that a swathe of star of David’s daubed on buildings in Paris was apparently the work of the Russian FSB !  

it’s not a competition between Muslims and Jews to see who can feel the most uncomfortable in their country but it often seems that it’s painted a such   I know people down here who won’t travel into central London on public transport because their fear being identified as Jewish.  The number of reported incidents (less than twenty a day) makes this unlikely to happen but you can understand their reticence. 

Absolutely. The trouble causers are thankfully a minority, although more vocal than ever due to media attention. The extreme right wing are using current affairs to dress up their Islamophobia as support for Israel (in my opinion) and will return to their antisemitism at the drop of a hat. 
Creatures like Tommy Robinson love all of this division as it fills their coffers. 

On 03/11/2023 at 09:36, st albans fox said:

It’s incredible isn’t it 

the tories were the similar in the 2000/2007 period where they’re persistently chose leaders who were effectively unelectable 

it’s not difficult- if you aren’t in govt then you can’t enact the policies that you believe in. corbyn could have made it into power if he’d ditched his principles for a couple of years ….

All Corby had to do was denounce Wrexit.   But he was so weak, he couldn't even do that

From my experience much of what might be considered antisemitic on the left stems from emotional immaturity and black and white thinking. Day to day it is more the product of an empathy gap, what some might call 'microaggressions'. That's usually due to ignorance rather than a genuine attempt to be hurtful. As you trend towards the right and far right then it's increasingly more about supremacist beliefs and thought patterns and finally you have the people who take pleasure in causing suffering to other people. This is observational - I'm not myself Jewish. I'm also speaking of what I think motivates people who are antisemitic rather than what makes something specifically antisemitic.  

5 hours ago, jgtuk said:

There was a quote from a prominent Israeli some time ago who said in the past, anyone who hated the jews was antisemitic. He added that now, any one the jews hate is antisemitic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

There was a quote from a prominent Israeli some time ago who said in the past, anyone who hated the jews was antisemitic. He added that now, any one the jews hate is antisemitic.

Is that semantics or semitics ?  (Couldn’t resist )

To be Jewish and Israeli are not the same and over the past decade it’s become more blurred than before. Hence the discussion does anti Israel = anti semitism ?  (Which primarily depends whether your anti Israel stance is ref its existence or some of its policies ).

However, at the same time, anyone who supports Israel is defined as a Zionist. But that word has taken on a dark side over the years when it really shouldn’t as a basic description. 

1 hour ago, bovril said:

I think people are playing down some of the extremely disturbing examples of antisemitism that have been recorded not just in recent weeks but also over the last couple of years. We should probably believe Jews when many of them say they feel unsafe now in London.

I’m not aware of anyone playing down those instances, in fact everyone I know is horrified. 
Who doesn’t believe? 
One thing to remember is that these attacks and antisemitism, in the UK and abroad are coming from the right wing and/or a small fringe of terrorists (let’s call them what they are) and need calling out by everyone, regardless of political leaning. Braverman and her ilk have emboldened these idiots, the likes of which we saw at the cenotaph yesterday. 
I think we all need to work harder in calling these idiots out equally, whether it’s antisemitism, Islamophobia, Homophobia or any other type of bigotry.