Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

8 hours ago, Parafox said:

Erm... because there's a significant number of far right fascist groups that continue to exist outside of the EDL?

And the media know most of the angry locals are part of these, do they? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Let's look at yesterday. I would absolutely guarantee that most of those turning up singing anti-Muslim songs have been stocked up by the total fabrication of the person's name, being a small boat migrant in the last year, and being on a watchlist. All that came from a right wing US made up news source in channel 3 news. It then spread like wildfire, being repeated by all your usual right-wing grifters online. 

The people who started that rumour have got EXACTLY what they wanted. 

Social media is a massive issue with all this.

Someone posts a clip or a picture, nothing true behind it, and it spreads. People believe what they see, which has always been the case with newspapers but now it's on everyone's phone at the click of a button.

Although I had to laugh at the Daily Mail calling last night's rioters as "thugs", which is true, but papers like Daily Mail have been adding to the hatred year after year.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

The whole scenario is a powder keg. Right wing nutters who lack education and comprehension. Easily susceptible to lies, rumours and their pin-up idols encouraging them whilst those idols take their money and direct it all from another country or a nice big comfy house.

It's a shame that they couldn't even wait until the vigil had been done before they caused the carnage they so craved. I dare say many of those people there yesterday, and some on here based on the attitudes we've been exposed to, are more gleeful than angry about the events on Monday. Gives them the chance to spout their nonsense, go out and riot, snort the white stuff, be racist and have a scrap all whilst having a "reason".

Are you for real ?

name them if you believe that 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

...currently it feels that there is a disinformation war ongoing and the results are played out on ... the streets. 

Like Street Countdown but with Jon Snow hosting and asking true or false questions on topical news issues.

It's news - on. the. street!

For special editions, like Christmas or whatever, they could do it from famous streets like Coronation St., or Downing St., or i don't know, I can't think of another street.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

People were arriving on busses with crates of cider, drapped in English flags. There was a large number of people there with the sole aim of causing trouble. It was meant to be a vigil not a lads day out. 

****ing West Country troublemakers at it again!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Like Street Countdown but with Jon Snow hosting and asking true or false questions on topical news issues.

It's news - on. the. street!

For special editions, like Christmas or whatever, they could do it from famous streets like Coronation St., or Downing St., or i don't know, I can't think of another street.

Oxford Street or Regents Street for Christmas obvs.

22 minutes ago, Md9 said:

So many people happily walking around with knifes and machetes it’s crazy. 10 years in prison if you get caught or caught on camera happily strolling around with a knife and they won’t be so smug then 

Prisons are too crowded so no chance of that

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Let's look at yesterday. I would absolutely guarantee that most of those turning up singing anti-Muslim songs have been stocked up by the total fabrication of the person's name, being a small boat migrant in the last year, and being on a watchlist. All that came from a right wing US made up news source in channel 3 news. It then spread like wildfire, being repeated by all your usual right-wing grifters online. 

The people who started that rumour have got EXACTLY what they wanted. 

It was reported that the attacker was a muslim asylum seeker from Syria by the Russian state media.

So I guess you are correct.

Edited by kenny
Stupid ommission!

7 minutes ago, kenny said:

It was reported that the attacker was a muslim asylum seeker from Syria.

Reported by whom ? MSM and Merseyside police reported very early that the individual was born in Cardiff (or originally came from Cardiff). 

There was a selection of usual suspects on Twitter who went off with a rumour from a site known to make things up. The funniest bit I’ve seen is one these accounts that is followed released the name as “Ali Al Shakab” or something, said he was Jordanian Palestinian, switched to Syrian and finished off as Rwandan. However, name didn’t change. Anyone who believes that has got a to be a different level of stupid to just go with it. 

Like I said, those out in the streets yesterday offer nothing to this country. Not a thing. As are any rioters our country unfortunately seems to be seeing more of. People are angry ? Do me a favour.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Reported by whom ? MSM and Merseyside police reported very early that the individual was born in Cardiff (or originally came from Cardiff). 

There was a selection of usual suspects on Twitter who went off with a rumour from a site known to make things up. The funniest bit I’ve seen is one these accounts that is followed released the name as “Ali Al Shakab” or something, said he was Jordanian Palestinian, switched to Syrian and finished off as Rwandan. However, name didn’t change. Anyone who believes that has got a to be a different level of stupid to just go with it. 

Like I said, those out in the streets yesterday offer nothing to this country. Not a thing. As are any rioters our country unfortunately seems to be seeing more of. People are angry ? Do me a favour.

It's OK.   I still hate everyone with an Irish accent after Brendan.

16 minutes ago, kenny said:

It was reported that the attacker was a muslim asylum seeker from Syria.

What? 

Do you believe this? 

38 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Social media is a massive issue with all this.

Someone posts a clip or a picture, nothing true behind it, and it spreads. People believe what they see, which has always been the case with newspapers but now it's on everyone's phone at the click of a button.

Lack of trust in the police is also a contributing factor and probably worth focussing on as much as social media, which is more convenient to blame. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Sh*t post, missing the word 'Russian'.

Quite an important word on reflection, i'll go back and edit the post..

15 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t think this is true. We’ve had centre right tories like Cleverly and Hunt come out asking the party to move more to the centre. We’ve had people like Mourdant fighting within. They’ve had people like Jenrick, Gove (albeit debatable) and Braverman in senior cabinet positions. Leadership held by Truss and arguably, Johnson. The Tories have been more right than centre right in the last 14 years which has damaged their standing with those who do usually support them and sit in the centre, edging right.

It’s the Tories moving closer to the centre that has caused Reform to get a bigger % than the Liberals 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No worries, seen the edit! 

I was trying to make the point that Russia and China are taking advantage of too many people using tiktok and X for their source of news.

It is going to be an ever increasing issue in the future as it's to easy to cause unrest in western democracies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kenny said:

I was trying to make the point that Russia and China are taking advantage of too many people using tiktok and X for their source of news.

It is going to be an ever increasing issue in the future as it's to easy to cause unrest in western democracies.

People in Russia and China like to blame their social problems on outside interference too.