Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Oh come on now. 

While he hasn’t helped, it’s certainly not his fault.

The EDL marches of 08-13, were they Farage’s fault too? 

That’s three protests/riots inside a week. We now have four far right MPs, far right protests

are escalating and you don’t think these issues are connected?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

That’s three protests/riots inside a week. We now have four far right MPs, far right protests

are escalating and you don’t think these issues are connected?

There are some centre right MP’s in parliament, but there’s no far-right ones. 

Sections of society are fed up with mass immigration and every single time there’s any form of an attack involving a person who possibly does not share core British values, of course some people are going to react with anger (not saying I agree with it) 

These people are taking action for reasons that they believe in. Again I’m not saying I agree with it, but they are reacting. 

I don’t think it’s down to one single event, it’s years/decades of different incidents all adding up and people sick of what they perceive as double standards. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Farage, Yaxley, Fox, Wootton, Grimes, etc.

They're just doing Russia and China's jobs for them aren't they. Sowing division, resulting in the weakening of our democracy.

It's so, so sad.

That's without mentioning the very real effects it will be having on ordinary people in this country.

Horrible times.

There's a book that needs to be written on the relationship between Britain and Russia in the 2020s. Two stumbling ex-Empires blaming each other for their own societal and political failings. 

• Like 2

Trump is saying he got set up today and expected to debate Kamala. Having worked with senior execs in the public domain, you absolutely don’t prep the debate, you prep the audience. He looked completely lost up

there and it’s ended in a car crash. He’s isolated a huge population of people in an afternoon. Wild. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

Trump is saying he got set up today and expected to debate Kamala. Having worked with senior execs in the public domain, you absolutely don’t prep the debate, you prep the audience. He looked completely lost up

there and it’s ended in a car crash. He’s isolated a huge population of people in an afternoon. Wild. 

While I do believe he was set up the reaction I’m seeing and reading is people calling out the organisers and you just know, somehow, Trump will gain something from this.

Ive not seen all of it, just snippets. 

It did look like an ambush though and he had many of them before 2016, too. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, bovril said:

There's a book that needs to be written on the relationship between Britain and Russia in the 2020s. Two stumbling ex-Empires blaming each other for their own societal and political failings. 

How do you mean?

10 minutes ago, Raj said:

Cant beat the Muslamic ray guns!

Didn't someone mention 'ray guns' on this forum years ago and got pelters for it (think it was Thracian)?..

• Haha 1

Re the Muslamic ray gams bloke, wasn't he actually referring to Islamic Rape Gangs? Something which at the time was being covered up, but we now know to have been a deeply horrific long term issue?

Regardless it seems a bit mean laughing at someone who's clearly got learning difficulties 😂

Edited by DennisNedry
Addition

12 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

How do you mean?

Russians seem to be obsessed with us and believe the UK is behind every misfortune that has befallen their country, from the Bolshevik revolution to their present day struggles in Ukraine.

At the same time in the UK, every time there is social unrest or any kind of slightly radical political movement (e.g. Brexit or Corbyn), lots of people here put it down to Russian interference and 'disinformation' peddled by St Petersburg based social media trolls.

There is some truth to both but nowhere near the extent that some claim. And I think it's interesting how we've both become scapegoats in each other's country for our own societal ills that we obviously find difficult to truly come to terms with.

Edited by bovril

Genuine question. Why pretend far right views are from the "centre"? Why equivocate: "I am not saying *I* support this, but I understand why others do." And the classic "the word "racist" is so over-used, it has no meaning." Far right supporters ought to be brave enough to *own* their opinions. Instead it comes across like they're actually ashamed of them?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bovril said:

Russians seem to be obsessed with us and believe the UK is behind every misfortune that has befallen their country, from the Bolshevik revolution to their present day struggles in Ukraine.

At the same time in the UK, every time there is social unrest or any kind of slightly radical political movement (e.g. Brexit or Corbyn), lots of people here put it down to Russian interference and 'disinformation' peddled by St Petersburg based social media trolls.

There is some truth to both but nowhere near the extent that some claim. And I think it's interesting how we've both become scapegoats in each other's country for our own societal ills that we obviously find difficult to truly come to terms with.

Thanks for clarification 

35 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

While I do believe he was set up the reaction I’m seeing and reading is people calling out the organisers and you just know, somehow, Trump will gain something from this.

Ive not seen all of it, just snippets. 

It did look like an ambush though and he had many of them before 2016, too. 

Trump was rude and condescending to one particular journalist, because he didn’t like her direct questions. He as usual just deflected and told outright lies.  He said he didn’t realise Harris was black, because she was Indian before!  He just continues to alienate large swathes of the population with his verbal diarrhoea. 

3 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Trump was rude and condescending to one particular journalist, because he didn’t like her direct questions. He as usual just deflected and told outright lies.  He said he didn’t realise Harris was black, because she was Indian before!  He just continues to alienate large swathes of the population with his verbal diarrhoea. 

Yeah horrifically prepped, if at all. The eloquent version of the point he was trying to make is that he thinks she’s using people’s identity as her own to try and garner support. It just came out worse than it ever could have.