Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Yeah horrifically prepped, if at all. The eloquent version of the point he was trying to make is that he thinks she’s using people’s identity as her own to try and garner support. It just came out worse than it ever could have. 

Yes actually I think they let him off quite lightly.  At one point he said words to the effect that in Virginia after babies were born, they set them aside to determine if they should execute them!!  It was outrageous that he was not called out on that one. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Surely the Police should just release the 17 year olds name and background if hes not a Muslim so it’ll stop the miss directed anger?

Because the law goes beyond someone's ethnicity and misdirected anger. 

It also won't guarantee that there won't be misdirected anger just because the name gets released. 

Purely based on age they cannot release the information. Sadly no matter how bad the crime is (unless there's a specific court order to do so). 

Happy to be corrected, however. 

Edited by StanSP

8 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Surely the Police should just release the 17 year olds name and background if hes not a Muslim so it’ll stop the miss directed anger?

Not up to the police. If he is 17 he is a minor and only the courts can decide that his name should be published. 

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

IMG_4708.thumb.jpeg.6dfd135ec259b966886b46859458957e.jpeg
Flairs thrown at Winston Churchill statue. 
abusing pro-Ukraine supporters. 

All in the name of Tommy Robinson

Why are the defacing and throwing stuff at the Churchill statue? Didn't they get all uppity when other groups did the same? 

Bunch of hypocrites! And sheep! 

16 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

What if he was actually white; would there have been protests/violence like now?..

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'll have a go at this and suggest that not all those who are concerned/opposed to mass and rapid immigration are 'far right'

Fwiw, I'm a pro European, staunch remainer who would never ever hold a view against someone based alone on skin colour or religion or nationality. 

But there's many on here who would equate to the  'far right' my personal serious concerns of (literally) millions entering the country legally and illegally for (understandable) economic reasons but have almost zero interest in the UK

I agree with you. Of course the hooligans smashing property and attacking police divert attention away from legitimate concerns and plays into the hands of extremists on both sides.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I agree with you. Of course the hooligans smashing property and attacking police divert attention away from legitimate concerns and plays into the hands of extremists on both sides.

Extremists on both sides? Eh? Show me the extreme left activity in the last few days...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Unfair to play “bothsidism” on this when the far right are the ones smashing up towns in an anti-Muslim display. What exactly do the left have to do with any of this?

Because they have tendency to quash any debate on concerns more reasonable people have by throwing the race card

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

What if he was actually white; would there have been protests/violence like now?..

Looking at it that way, there are all sorts of hypotheticals.

What if a white lad had gone into a prominently Asian group and commited carnage. It is a fair guess large numbers of Asian yobs would be out on the streets - as we saw only quite recently.

The worry is, this response to such crimes becomes the norm and entreches race/cultural division even moreso and derails any sustained hope for a multi-racial society that co-exists peacefully and for the common good.

There are already those that say multiculturalism is failing. This behaviour on all sides gives that view increasing weight.

Just now, Free Falling Foxes said:

What if a white lad had gone into a prominently Asian group and commited carnage. It is a fair guess large numbers of Asian yobs would be out on the streets - as we saw only quite recently.

The worry is, this response to such crimes becomes the norm and entreches race/cultural division even moreso and derails any sustained hope for a multi-racial society that co-exists peacefully and for the common good.

There are already those that say multiculturalism is failing. This behaviour on all sides gives that view increasing weight.

An entirely hypothetical situation gives more weight to the opinion that multiculturalism is failing? What? 

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Extremists on both sides? Eh? Show me the extreme left activity in the last few days...

To be clear I have no time for the haters that caused trouble last evening and tonight

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Because they have tendency to quash any debate on concerns more reasonable people have by throwing the race card

I'd argue the 'race card' is a reasonable argument in most of these situations. Notice how the left rarely, if ever, resort to mindless violence. Any normal, sane person can see that trying to link a Welsh born 17 year old that we know nothing about to the right to send a bus load of Luton skinheads to smash up a random mosque can only be born out of pure racism. 

8 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I'm not sure multiculturalism is failing, I think humanities tolerance for anybody or any belief that isn't there own is failing, in most walks of life and areas of debate. Humans aren't good at co-existing, especially in this modern world of enforced and media driven tropes.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sampson said:

An entirely hypothetical situation gives more weight to the opinion that multiculturalism is failing? What? 

Sadly, there are increasing examples of division and protests that are based purely on race, culture and religous beliefs and so on - even in our own city.

Nothing hypothetical about those.

I was merely responding to another posters 'what if' comment.

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

The thing I most want to know is what was the knife? If it's anything other than something found in the kitchen, then that tells me we need a Dunblane-style crackdown on knives.

We've needed some way of getting serious weapons off the streets for a long time. I work in this sector and on the daily I can tell you the knives kids are carrying now aren't from the kitchen or made by the Swiss army. They are machetes/zombie knives, swords and weapons purely designed to do one thing - kill. 

Edited by SecretPro

wondering if any rioting coming out from this knife attack are really people exploiting that because they are upset at having a labour government, some people are just looking for an excuse to riot… and this is there excuse?

there’s also people who for whatever reason will infiltrate a peaceful protest for their own means. We see this on all sides  of the political spectrum.

and really…how empty and void of purpose must your life be to be chanting Tommy Robinson’s name? Like he is somehow a bastion of democracy…

• Like 2