Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

I’m going to have to be pedantic but I think those mentioning grime music are actually referring to drill music. Grime isn’t anywhere near as popular or aggresive as drill music 

Drill music can be very harmful, especially once you really get into it and take the bit between the teeth.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

How small is that copper, he's like scrappy doo. 

"Shocking footage"  didn't show that the poor bloke that was manhandled by scrappy do was throwing bricks 5 minutes beforehand.

Reasonable force to arrest a twat you know to be violent?-  absolutely.    PASS in my book.   NEXT

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Can you therefore really not understand the EDL knuggle draggers rioting? Obviously I don't condone it, and it's misplaced in this instance, but I do understand it. It's a wild, uneducated swing at a sitation they have no control over and do not understand.

I don't understand their actions in the perspective and thinking of what they believe will happen next? 

I know it's become a bit of a cliché but it still rings true - you can't fight violence with violence. 

They may have wanted to 'protest' but they've just given themselves a worse reputation, so to speak, after their showing at Southport. 

Three girls get stabbed and they resort to violence against the community in which it happened as well as the police. Where did they think that would get them?

Their issue is they're so wrapped up in their own hate-filled agendas (and racist ones, no doubt for some) that they will go along with what they're told (disinformation), become misled and let that fuel their actions. They only think in the present, and not beyond. They don't think of the consequences of their actions. 

Time and time again they've collectively let their anger boil over into aggression as someone stated earlier. They're incited by 'political figures' who indicate and validate their actions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

The EDL are an easy target of ridicule, and a socially acceptable one to ridicule at that. For me they're just a small part of the whole ****ed up mess that is British society in 2024. I can only see it getting worse too. Christ, I've depressed myself re-reading that.

Yes I sometimes feel like ridiculing the EDL and 'gammons' act as a kind of pressure valve for people as it allows them to vent on the obviously shit state of British society in an acceptable way.

When these people protest about the crimes committed by immigrants. I'd just love to know how many of those kicking off in Southport had a criminal record already themselves. I'd wager quite a number. 

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

When these people protest about the crimes committed by immigrants. I'd just love to know how many of those kicking off in Southport had a criminal record already themselves. I'd wager quite a number. 

Did you just say "immigrant"  and "criminal" in the same sentence?   

Better be careful they don't come and take you away haha  heehee haha.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It’s a vicious cycle though. I find it hard for people to say “I understand why the EDL do what they do as they feel out of control and vilified in society” but not also say “I understand why so many Muslims feel so isolated and vilified in society”. Absolute neither is an excuse for violence btw, let alone going round stabbing people, but regardless of which one “started it”, how exactly can you understand the EDL but not the same thing that Muslims have to put up with losing out on jobs and feeling treated as outsiders too? 

****ing scum

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

The extremely uncomfortable truth is that, in the past decade or so, these types of attacks (where the general public are targeted) have overwhelmingly been carried out by black and/or brown people and perpetrated against white people. A lot of these attacks loom large in the public memory. I think most people could reel a lot of them off the top of their head. That's not racist, it's just fact. Some of these attacks (like the Nottingham stabbing) aren't even listed here as they're not terrorist attacks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Great_Britain#2010s 

Can you therefore really not understand the EDL knuggle draggers rioting? Obviously I don't condone it, and it's misplaced in this instance, but I do understand it. It's a wild, uneducated swing at a sitation they have no control over and do not understand.

The EDL are an easy target of ridicule, and a socially acceptable one to ridicule at that. For me they're just a small part of the whole ****ed up mess that is British society in 2024. I can only see it getting worse too. Christ, I've depressed myself re-reading that.

No idea if what you're saying has any statistical backing, it's probably difficult to find out.

But I do think there's something about what you're saying about attacks by ethnic minorities looming 'large in the public memory'. The attack in Plymouth a couple of years ago where a 22 year old white guy inspired by incel culture shot and killed 5 people didn't spark any public protests and has largely faded from memory. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_shooting.

Similarly the killing of three women with a crossbow only last month didn't lead to anyone smashing up a town centre or assaulting police officers. The murder of Sarah Everard did lead to protests, but these were largely peaceful. That's an incident that certainly looms large in the minds of many women I know.

Perhaps it's just easier for to people to target their aggression when there's an obvious 'other' to go at.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It’s a vicious cycle though. I find it hard for people to say “I understand why the EDL do what they do as they feel out of control and vilified in society” but not also say “I understand why so many Muslims feel so isolated and vilified in society”. Absolute neither is an excuse for violence btw, let alone going round stabbing people, but regardless of which one “started it”, how exactly can you understand the EDL but not the same thing that Muslims have to put up with losing out on jobs and feeling treated as outsiders too? 

I might be reading the 'room' wrong but I thought the reaction from the crowd was generally one of shock and disapproval.

Awful stuff though, of course. I think you could fill 5 pages a day of stuff like this from Twitter. 

I suppose the real root cause is powerlessness and this is why groups like the EDL have far more in common with minority groups than the grifters like Farage, Robinson etc. The state has ignored the needs of those groups for a long time, now that is not the fault of immigration because minority communities also experience the highest rates of poverty. But ultimately, the government have not provided an adequate alternative argument as to how they’re going to make people’s lives better. The exact same happened with the Brexit vote. As we saw in the 1970’s in Belfast, sectarianism/racism/violence can lie at low levels, but when mixed with rampant disadvantage and poverty it can soon spiral and escalate. Racists are bad, violent criminals are bad, Islamic extremists are bad, but until politicians address the inequalities in our society, these divisions will continue to exist. And while they don’t provide alternative arguments and solutions, people are going to hit the easiest targets (immigrants). 

• Like 2

I never know with Twitter what's real and what is propaganda.

It may go some way to explaining why a mosque was targeted. Or it might be as made up as the claim that the attacker was a channel migrant.

I doubt we'll ever find out to be honest.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I utterly dispair at the minute, social media and even politics is totally awash with people who wilfully to misrepresent everything. 

You're absolutely spot on, this IS all Jon Rudkin's fault.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

It may go some way to explaining why a mosque was targeted. Or it might be as made up as the claim that the attacker was a channel migrant.

This is another issue. Police arrested him. Done and dusted. 

It's not right that he should be there. He's a fvcking imbecile for having a knife in the first place, and even more stupid thinking he could get away with it with such heavy police presence. 

But what was the answer for those attending the rally? Attacking the police... 

18 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

The insinuation was that he was going to attack the vigil which is complete BS. Very likely he heard about the riots and armed himself with a knife. Not good but not the same as what’s being parroted.

36 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Did you forget to post yours?

I submitted mine - but it was when we had a poor GP service. It had been brilliant but my GP left. Then they sold out to a supergroup of practices and it's become dreadful.

The app though, brilliant imo.

37 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The insinuation was that he was going to attack the vigil which is complete BS. Very likely he heard about the riots and armed himself with a knife. Not good but not the same as what’s being parroted.

We don’t know anything about his motives, origin etc etc 

what we do know is that too many young people walk around armed with a knife 

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

What's one person got to do with the Mosque? Should we go and smash the local church up if a Christian commits a crime?