Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Base rate cut to 5% but was close vote 5-4 so maybe a few months before another drop

Fair play to Labour.

Sorted the GP's and got the interest rates cut in their first month in office! Shows what a shambles the previous government was.

• Like 4

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

IMG_4715.thumb.jpeg.2d4e81bf3e1e33564f28c53ac0ef92d7.jpeg

18th birthday is in 6 days which may also be a reason why they have released the name, as they would when they turned 18 regardless I bet. 

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The EDL hasn’t been a thing for about a decade I don’t think, not sure why the media has started mentioning them again as being active 24/7 :blink:

Always been a thing under different guises, but you just have to look at social media in the past 12 months and you see nothing but dog whistling bots or politicians that are stirring them up. That Yaxley-Lennon had  his protest in London the other day and a fair few were there. 

I am opening myself up here to be challenged, but a lot of these folks are mob followers who want to act hard and start a fight and shout racist stuff because it's easier to follow the crowd and blame someone else. It just takes some who actually have a brain in their head and an agenda to whistle the pack together. The fact EDL or whatever they are called was on the streets of Southport 24 hours after these murders, were bringing beers, singing and cheering whilst smashing stuff just shows that this isn't to show solidarity and anger about murders on the streets. It's about religion, racism and wanting to be yobs. The highlight if you can call it that is the guy who was caught cheering and dancing to the camera during all this then took a brick to the head and then the bollocks. 

Then with the possibility that Russia could be spreading the misinformaton to de-stabilise the nation, which has already been proven they did in the US, this will run for some time, and without wanting to be tarred as stereotyping, with the suspect having a name that racists can jump on it being "not British" this will rumble for some time, whilst families are grieving letting their kids go enjoy a summer holiday activity and never come home, which should be the only thing being discussed right now, not that the police are preparing for 3 or 4 more nights of this shit. 

Usually what will stop them is rain. Any chance of them getting wet and the protest numbers drop. I await someone making the joke about Gremlins.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

18th birthday is in 6 days which may also be a reason why they have released the name, as they would when they turned 18 regardless I bet. 

Always been a thing under different guises, but you just have to look at social media in the past 12 months and you see nothing but dog whistling bots or politicians that are stirring them up. That Yaxley-Lennon had  his protest in London the other day and a fair few were there. 

I am opening myself up here to be challenged, but a lot of these folks are mob followers who want to act hard and start a fight and shout racist stuff because it's easier to follow the crowd and blame someone else. It just takes some who actually have a brain in their head and an agenda to whistle the pack together. The fact EDL or whatever they are called was on the streets of Southport 24 hours after these murders, were bringing beers, singing and cheering whilst smashing stuff just shows that this isn't to show solidarity and anger about murders on the streets. It's about religion, racism and wanting to be yobs. The highlight if you can call it that is the guy who was caught cheering and dancing to the camera during all this then took a brick to the head and then the bollocks. 

Then with the possibility that Russia could be spreading the misinformaton to de-stabilise the nation, which has already been proven they did in the US, this will run for some time, and without wanting to be tarred as stereotyping, with the suspect having a name that racists can jump on it being "not British" this will rumble for some time, whilst families are grieving letting their kids go enjoy a summer holiday activity and never come home, which should be the only thing being discussed right now, not that the police are preparing for 3 or 4 more nights of this shit. 

Usually what will stop them is rain. Any chance of them getting wet and the protest numbers drop. I await someone making the joke about Gremlins.

Fair weather yobs. 

They always riot in the summer holidays. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

IMG_4715.thumb.jpeg.2d4e81bf3e1e33564f28c53ac0ef92d7.jpeg

Far Right Activists will now smash all Beverly Hills Cop DVD due to sheer outrage at namesake. 

The racists are already kicking off because apparently his name doesn't sound Welsh.

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The racists are already kicking off because apparently his name doesn't sound Welsh.

They have had to give up the Muslim angle as he isn't muslim. They are going down the route that his parents are Rwandan and a FB comment that says he was expelled from school for carrying a knife and saying the UK needed a "Rwandan style genocide." 

So bricking a mosque through misinformation, so now they will go for the fact he isn't white and his name doesn't sound very Welsh. Won't hear about the Christian stuff though I bet. 

• Like 1

I'd imagine this will turn out to be a case of radicalisation.

Just what is said and the way someone is radicalised to go and kill innocent children is beyond comprehension. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'd imagine this will turn out to be a case of radicalisation.

Just what is said and the way someone is radicalised to go and kill innocent children is beyond comprehension. 

Either evil or mad. 

13 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

They have had to give up the Muslim angle as he isn't muslim. They are going down the route that his parents are Rwandan and a FB comment that says he was expelled from school for carrying a knife and saying the UK needed a "Rwandan style genocide." 

So bricking a mosque through misinformation, so now they will go for the fact he isn't white and his name doesn't sound very Welsh. Won't hear about the Christian stuff though I bet. 

As far as I'm aware all we know about this kid is that he has a Rwandan name. Nothing about religion or motivation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

As far as I'm aware all we know about this kid is that he has a Rwandan name. Nothing about religion or motivation. 

18 next week so a young adult. I don't want to think of him as a kid. Anyway way over the age of criminal responsibility 

6 minutes ago, bovril said:

That is all we know officially. That doesn't stop the Twitterati starting to make stuff up again though sadly. 

To show both sides of this in the interest of balance.

47 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Tbf neither does Domachowski, Tshiunza or Faletau. 

Let alone Cabango, Dasilva, Ampadu. Matondo or Koumas. 

35 minutes ago, bovril said:

From https://www.bridgwatermercury.co.uk/news/national/24491074.southport-attack-known-teenager-charged-triple-murder/

Neighbours have said the family are “heavily involved with the local church”, and that they would often hear singing from their house, the Liverpool Echo reported.

The Times reported that Rudakubana has a background in musical theatre.

Sounds very much Christian to me......again - you never know - but it seem's unlikely that he was Muslim, however EDL, Katie Hopkins and the rest will twist something or another I am sure. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf neither does Domachowski, Tshiunza or Faletau. 

Let alone Cabango, Dasilva, Ampadu. Matondo or Koumas. 

When people say a name is/isn't English/Welsh/Spanish/whatever I always assumed they're talking linguistically. Like 'Smith' is an English name, 'Gonzalez' Spanish, although they are the most common surnames in N and S America I believe. 

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

May be wrong but isn’t Rwanda primarily a Christian country not a Muslim one?

What like Britain!:ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Raj said:

What like Britain!:ph34r:

Well actually no - as of 2021 UK is ~46% Christian and ~37% No religion 

So actually quite different to Rwanda - the majority shift has since 2001 has been from Christianity to "No religion" 

41 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

That is all we know officially. That doesn't stop the Twitterati starting to make stuff up again though sadly. 

To show both sides of this in the interest of balance.

That's not showing both sides. That's showing publicly-available birth registration data vs an anonymous, unverified Facebook comment. You can't give equal weight to both.

Can we all just stop the speculation? I promise you all that everything will come out when it gets to trial. If the ridiculous amount of prejudicial information doing the rounds in the public domain continues, there's every chance his lawyer could argue he can't get a fair trial and collapse the case.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Same people saying his name doesn't sound British or Welsh were probably sat at home cheering on Marc Guehi, Kobbie Mainoo and Bakayo Saka during the Euros this summer. 

Not really sure what point you're making here. Guéhi is not an English name. 

Just now, bovril said:

Not really sure what point you're making here. Guéhi is not an English name. 

That is the point. They sat watching England cheering on players who's names aren't traditionally English or British. Now when it's said this guy is Welsh they cry his name doesn't sound very Welsh. Names sound British when they suit and not when they don't. Mo Farrah isn't a British sounding name but I'm sure they celebrated his gold.