Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I've genuinely never heard of a category of 'English Indian'. Perhaps because it's two countries, whereas British Indian is a more collective? I don't know how to word it and don't really want to get too technical about it!

Best not to start on Anglo-Indians as well...

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Boris Johnson's a British citizen and he wasn't even born here.

Just saying.

The guy should be deported, really..

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

Still really confused, do I destroy a church later or head straight down to Portmeirion?

Worryingly this is the genuine level of understanding I've seen from a few posters on here in the last 48 hours. Although they seem to have suddenly piped down a bit..:ph34r:lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

All these bloody ethnics being born over here, with their non British (English/ Welsh/Scottish) names!!!

They should integrate more

• Haha 3

You are not a British citizen from birth in the uk unless at least one of your parents is a citizen when you are born.  You can qualify later though along with your parents.  If one or both of your parents are British and you’re born overseas you are entitled to British citizenship but still need to fill in a form to get it.

Not sure about the rest of you mudbloods but my mum has gone back to circa 1750 on ancestry.com and it's a full English.

:englandsmile4wf:

*Apart from the Egyptian woman my grandad married before meeting my grandma when he was stationed there. The old dawg.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ajthefox said:

Not sure about the rest of you mudbloods but my mum has gone back to circa 1750 on ancestry.com and it's a full English.

:englandsmile4wf:

*Apart from the Egyptian woman my grandad married before meeting my grandma when he was stationed there. The old dawg.

So your full English came with black pudding?

4 hours ago, kenny said:

Fair play to Labour.

Sorted the GP's and got the interest rates cut in their first month in office! Shows what a shambles the previous government was.

Interest rates being cut at this point is absolutely nothing to do with Labour😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lol didn't someone say he had 'Arab appearance' 

Some of the far right were saying it was a Muslim guy potentially there to cause more mayhem amongst the crowd. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

BBC report saying the charged Southport suspect on autism spectrum. I sincerely hope this does not lead to a backlash by ignorant who have no idea about the subject.

You’d hope not but judging by how everything has exploded then you never know.

I also hope this isn’t used as a mitigating factor in the court of law. Unlike the Nottingham guy who was experiencing severe psychosis, autism would not account for not knowing the difference between right or wrong. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

lol didn't someone say he had 'Arab appearance' 

Some of the far right were saying it was a Muslim guy potentially there to cause more mayhem amongst the crowd. 

Turns out he had a slight tan after a week's holiday in Shagaluf.

6 minutes ago, Andy11111 said:

Do people just believe anything? Surely anyone could have wrote that.

All these social media sites want shutting down, absolute cesspit’s.

No idea why people use them 

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

BBC report saying the charged Southport suspect on autism spectrum. I sincerely hope this does not lead to a backlash by ignorant who have no idea about the subject.

Well, all I can say is I hope Colonel White is preparing Spectrum HQ for the inevitable Tommy Ten Names protest and riot.

captain scarlet 4.jpg

55 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I know a lot of people with autism and they wouldn't even think of hurting anyone. They would most likely hurt themselves. People with autism suffer burnout or have sensory issues and may not be able to communicate verbally.  They get upset and have fitts of frustration or anger but don't usually violently attack people. They certainly wouldn't plan a vicious attack. Just because he has autism doesn't mean his condition made him do what he did, and shouldn't be used as an excuse. Many people have autism they don't all kill innocent random strangers. The motive is still unknown and probably has more to do what he did rTher than his autism.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Andy11111 said:

Do people just believe anything? Surely anyone could have wrote that.

7 minutes ago, Andy11111 said:

Where has this actually come from?

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Looks like it lol

Fair enough, it seemed real enough. 

"On Wednesday night police said a fifth arrest had been made after officers called to a domestic disturbance recognised a man from footage of the disorder."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c51yne2g317o

We seem more and more intent on assigning tribalistic groupings to almost anyone and do so without any acknowledgement of context or detail, and this applies to all sides. It’s really quite unhealthy and is naturally divisive. Sorry, obvious I know, and maybe belongs in the grinds my gears thread.  :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

I know a lot of people with autism and they wouldn't even think of hurting anyone. They would most likely hurt themselves. People with autism suffer burnout or have sensory issues and may not be able to communicate verbally.  They get upset and have fitts of frustration or anger but don't usually violently attack people. They certainly wouldn't plan a vicious attack. Just because he has autism doesn't mean his condition made him do what he did, and shouldn't be used as an excuse. Many people have autism they don't all kill innocent random strangers. The motive is still unknown and probably has more to do what he did rTher than his autism.

I mentioned because my grandson is autistic and I would be alarmed if some people linked autism to the murders due to their ignorance and that it was quoted by BBC 

• Like 1