Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Kind of, but I do feel that he'll be palatable to those in the south who could be won over by a boring centrist like Starmer but now see a safe pair of hands in Cameron, so wont vote for change.

Maybe this is wishful thinking on my part but I think the Tory collapse in the polls has much more to do with the state of the country than how palatable the cabinet is. They'd done ok previously because the working classes were more effected by the problems but now when people are even worried whether they'll be able to use A&E if they need to, I doubt Cameron will make a huge difference. Perhaps it's underestimated just how much "the country is ****ed" has become part of people's thinking even in more affluent areas in the south. 

• Like 1

You'd imagine being a Remainer that all the other Remainers hate for causing the fvcking thing has got to make you about as popular as a Sun journalist on the Anfield Kop. 

It's a weird choice. 

What's also depressing is the sensation of being relieved to see David Cameron because at least he's not an ACTUAL fvcking fascist. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy G said:

I think this is phase one of Rishi's plan, Phase two being some tasty tax cuts pre GE. 

This country cannot survive on tax cuts. The economy is stagnant, councils are running out of money, millions are living in destitution, the health system is slowly failing. If we can't get economic growth, then tax cuts would be catastrophic aka Truss. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

This country cannot survive on tax cuts. The economy is stagnant, councils are running out of money, millions are living in destitution, the health system is slowly failing. If we can't get economic growth, then tax cuts would be catastrophic aka Truss. 

Truss' tax's cuts were mega, I'm not talking going to that length. They will have to cut taxes or they won't get their votes, seconly the pension triple lock is a thorn for them, esp amongst the biddies - its costing the country an absolute fortune. 

Cameron's appointment must have been in the planning for ages. 

A case of when, not if, one of the main MPs cocks up. And it was perhaps almost certain it'd be Braverman to do it sooner rather than later given her track record. 

I'm surprised it was kept under wraps for so long if it was planned. 

Do we know which MPs or back-benchers are on Braverman's side? Or would back her in a failed leadership bid? 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Cameron's appointment must have been in the planning for ages. 

A case of when, not if, one of the main MPs cocks up. And it was perhaps almost certain it'd be Braverman to do it sooner rather than later given her track record. 

I'm surprised it was kept under wraps for so long if it was planned. 

Do we know which MPs or back-benchers are on Braverman's side? Or would back her in a failed leadership bid? 

Apparently they only approached him late on this weekend. Cameron that is.

18 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Truss' tax's cuts were mega, I'm not talking going to that length. They will have to cut taxes or they won't get their votes, seconly the pension triple lock is a thorn for them, esp amongst the biddies - its costing the country an absolute fortune. 

Why use terms like biddies. Smacks of ageism. Not all pensioners are well off Tory voters. If not a triple lock there would still have to be a safeguard even if not so generous.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Why use terms like biddies. Smacks of ageism. Not all pensioners are well off Tory voters. If not a triple lock there would still have to be a safeguard even if not so generous.

Income tax is the biggest source of income for the treasury too so not sure how a "mega tax cut" would be offset by anything, including abolition of the triple lock.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I’m sorry if the term biddies offended you. 2023…..

5 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Income tax is the biggest source of income for the treasury too so not sure how a "mega tax cut" would be offset by anything, including abolition of the triple lock.

It’s not inconceivable that they will cut income tax ahead of a GE, it’s not really a staggering thing to do tbh. My point was it won’t be “mega” if you read what I said properly. 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The BBC's write up of Braverman reads like a fvcking tribute and the Tories still want to convince people it's a left wing news organisation? 

Christ alive. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67137926

Oh she was head girl and so impressive! She's a fvcking fascist, get out of her arse. 

Also "Who is Suella Braverman?" seems a bit late. It's like people googling "what's the EU?" the morning after the referendum.

• Haha 1