Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The BBC's write up of Braverman reads like a fvcking tribute and the Tories still want to convince people it's a left wing news organisation? 

Christ alive. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67137926

Oh she was head girl and so impressive! She's a fvcking fascist, get out of her arse. 

They're now lauding 'her eight choices moments in her words'. 

Why are they so nice towards her?! She was so divisive and callous. 

45 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The ones upset with Braverman’s sacking tell you the type of people who support her. It also tells you that being on her side was very probably the wrong side. 

Rees-Mogg the latest to tell us that Suella knew what the British public wanted. Rees-Mogg is the least likely person in the world (even someone living in the Amazon would know more) that knows what the British public want. 

Similar feeling to Brexit to me. The guys on the side of Brexit were chumps like Gove, Johnson and Farage. Not really the best set of leaders. 

Corbyn was a Brexiteer too. Rees-Mogg and co, everything is self-serving for them. Although, it has been depressing seeing a positive reaction towards Cameron returning, it just demonstrates the ridiculousness of British politics at the moment. The man who is responsible for austerity, Brexit (partially), is viewed as a positive because he’s not verbally divisive and dangerous.

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Corbyn was a Brexiteer too. Rees-Mogg and co, everything is self-serving for them. Although, it has been depressing seeing a positive reaction towards Cameron returning, it just demonstrates the ridiculousness of British politics at the moment. The man who is responsible for austerity, Brexit (partially), is viewed as a positive because he’s not verbally divisive and dangerous.

He's also corrupt as ****. Just an awful person and politician, far worse than those that have come after him. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why are they so nice towards her?!

Well the former two political editors of the BBC have been Tories with very right wing politics, LK herself allegedly extremely so. 

In fairness to Chris Mason, his cards are so close to chest politically speaking that some of his oldest friends have no idea how he votes. So maybe that's a positive step. 

But given he was rubber stamped by Hardcore Johnsonite ex banker Richard Sharp (not to be confused with heroic officer of the people Richard Sharpe) to take the top job out of almost nowhere and the BBC's handling of some significant recent events has been, erm, well awkward to say the least I'm not sure he's doing a lot for complete impartiality. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wow - must be the lowest bar ever ! 

Maybe "far" was a bit much. I maintain he's worse than any other PM not only in terms of the consequences of his time as leader but also in terms of his character.

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Maybe "far" was a bit much. I maintain he's worse than any other PM not only in terms of the consequences of his time as leader but also in terms of his character.

I want it to be extremely clear that this is a condemnation of Boris and not a defence of Cameron but BJ is an objectively worse human being in terms of his character. That might be like picking between venereal diseases but still. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I want it to be extremely clear that this is a condemnation of Boris and not a defence of Cameron but BJ is an objectively worse human being in terms of his character. That might be like picking between venereal diseases but still. 

Yeah you're probably right. Just the sight of Cameron has brought it all back today.

Tbf though the guy face ****ed a dead pig

• Like 2

I consider myself a staunch defender of the BBC, and I feel this time is no different: There’s nothing wrong with that article. It’s not an opinion piece, nor should it be - just information about who, basically, Braverman is and her route to getting where she did.

Particularly when you can find this article right next to it, which demonstrates the controversies:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67374951

• Like 1

I can't quite work out why Cameron would want to return to it all. Boredom being given as the reason but it's either to make far more connections than he currently has, or he's wanting a return to the top job. Wouldn't massively shock me if the next election is Starmer v Cameron.

5 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I can't quite work out why Cameron would want to return to it all. Boredom being given as the reason but it's either to make far more connections than he currently has, or he's wanting a return to the top job. Wouldn't massively shock me if the next election is Starmer v Cameron.

chaos with Keir Starmer 

One thing I don't get is that the tories promised mental health act reform in both the 2017 and 2019 manifestos and yet every year fail to put it in the kings speech despite the legislation being there ready to go. The existing act is not fit for purpose, allows for solitary confinement of people with autism and learning disabilities for one. 

What are the political/beurocratic reasons why they can't push this through?